Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready

Post by folem »

http://www.thenff.com/2017/01/continent ... rt-stadia/

green4life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Thios looks like a 5,000 seater stadium. Nothing like up to international standards.
More like 10 to 12k seater which puts it in the capacity range of Bournemouth's world class stadium in the EPL :taunt:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

theYemster wrote:"International" stadium, "international" airport. It seems people use the word so casually.

I'll looking at the stadium in Libreville and it looks tastefully done even with the small capacity.
...fly into Nigeria and you will be called 'international' when you flash any oyinbo money :laugh:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Goldleaf wrote::clap: :clap:

Congrats to Ifeanyi Ubah and the football club. This is a clear sign that the club has a long term view. How great will it be that to get to a point of floating for public investment. Now that will be great for Mr Ubah and the fans. :thumb:
...biggest problem in Nigeria is continuity. If the head is out of the picture today down goes the project, the business, same thing happens at governmental institutions.
One party comes in, that party scrap the other's initiative, just to start their own, which will be scrapped when the next guy shows up.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Damn, very underwhelming pics lol
Na wa for this guy. Always criticizing. Ah ah. This is a privately financed operation in a country where government still controls 99%+ of football club operations. This man's (Ifeanyi Ubah) actions should be commended because we need more like him to risk their private capital to build our league to world class standards. :clap:

Relying the Akpabio's of Nigeria won't get it done. :agree:
Buy of you are "right".

Ifeanyi Ubah does deserve credit for his efforts cos of the odds one faces in getting shhit done in this country. However I feel the stadium could've been much better constructed. And I don't think it is necessarily just about money. The design just seems too shoddy. Hopefully he has a decent groundsman to help with with turf. West Ham could possibly help with that.

And I wonder if he's tried seeking investors to partner with. He could easily sell the naming rights of the team and stadium rather than the eponymous setup he seems to cherish. Who names their sports franchises after themselves anymore? Last I remember was Abiola Babes, Iwuanyawu Nationale and Udoji United.

But nonetheless good start. Hopefully the stadium can be improved upon in future. What city is it in sef cos the state can help raise revenue for renovations via taxes. But again, this is Naij.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote:"International" stadium, "international" airport. It seems people use the word so casually.

I'll looking at the stadium in Libreville and it looks tastefully done even with the small capacity.
Bros, the word itself is not the big deal that you folks seem to make of it... :oops:

If a stadium hosts international matches, it IS by definition an international stadium...
Just as an airport used for international flights IS an international airport (by whatever name).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote:Buy of you are "right".

Ifeanyi Ubah does deserve credit for his efforts cos of the odds one faces in getting shhit done in this country. However I feel the stadium could've been much better constructed. And I don't think it is necessarily just about money. The design just seems too shoddy. Hopefully he has a decent groundsman to help with with turf. West Ham could possibly help with that.

And I wonder if he's tried seeking investors to partner with. He could easily sell the naming rights of the team and stadium rather than the eponymous setup he seems to cherish. Who names their sports franchises after themselves anymore? Last I remember was Abiola Babes, Iwuanyawu Nationale and Udoji United.

But nonetheless good start. Hopefully the stadium can be improved upon in future. What city is it in sef cos the state can help raise revenue for renovations via taxes. But again, this is Naij.
:agree:

Cannot tell about the quality of the construction from these pictures, but design could have been much more creative...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
Na wa for this guy. Always criticizing. Ah ah. This is a privately financed operation in a country where government still controls 99%+ of football club operations. This man's (Ifeanyi Ubah) actions should be commended because we need more like him to risk their private capital to build our league to world class standards. :clap:

So if it's subpar and should be much better I shouldn't point that out? Maybe the gesture is good but the product doesn't look fitting of a division 1 professional club that will be participating in a continental tournament. It's simply the truth whether you term it criticism or whatever or whether other teams have a stadium or what not.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote:

Bros, the word itself is not the big deal that you folks seem to make of it... :oops:

If a stadium hosts international matches, it IS by definition an international stadium...
Just as an airport used for international flights IS an international airport (by whatever name).
So what international match has it hosted?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

theYemster wrote:
green4life wrote:

Buy of you are "right".

The stadium is in Nnewi but i'm not sure about whether they receive any financial assistance from the government. Certainly agree that naming rights can help offset but not sure about the owners ego will allow it. Naija factor.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

mcal wrote:

Congrats to Ifeanyi Ubah and the football club. This is a clear sign that the club has a long term view. How great will it be that to get to a point of floating for public investment. Now that will be great for Mr Ubah and the fans. :thumb:
...biggest problem in Nigeria is continuity. If the head is out of the picture today down goes the project, the business, same thing happens at governmental institutions.
One party comes in, that party scrap the other's initiative, just to start their own, which will be scrapped when the next guy shows up.
How do we fix this problem?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

God help nigeria discover structural steel. A big 10 american stadium is more sophisticated.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

is ifeanyi Uba a multi millionaire
he has the money and resources

the problem is we don't have our priorities right
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

kali wrote:God help nigeria discover structural steel. A big 10 american stadium is more sophisticated.
A Big 10 stadium is more sophisticated than most stadiums in Europe (and indeed most places in the world)...abegi, perspective!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
kali wrote:God help nigeria discover structural steel. A big 10 american stadium is more sophisticated.
A Big 10 stadium is more sophisticated than most stadiums in Europe (and indeed most places in the world)...abegi, perspective!
I hear you, but we do have examples of beautiful stadia in Nigeria, so it's possible to build something nice there, was initially excited to see another example of this until the pics loaded and I was left bemused.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:clap: :clap: :clap: As far as i am concerned they have to start somewhere, kudos to Ubah. Anyone who wants American or european design can start by launching a donation event to help out. The building of Rome started one day and from somewhere abeg!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
mcal wrote:

How do we fix this problem?
...by promoting legacy long after they are gone. Praising and accepting their contributions to society, development, etc.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oloye wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: As far as i am concerned they have to start somewhere, kudos to Ubah. Anyone who wants American or european design can start by launching a donation event to help out. The building of Rome started one day and from somewhere abeg!
Tell them! Even construction giants, Julius Berger, who built the best stsdium in Nigeria, Abuja and Uyo Stadiums, did not build a stadium for their football club. If they did, the club would probably be functioning today.
I am happy
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: As far as i am concerned they have to start somewhere, kudos to Ubah. Anyone who wants American or european design can start by launching a donation event to help out. The building of Rome started one day and from somewhere abeg!
Tell them! Even construction giants, Julius Berger, who built the best stsdium in Nigeria, Abuja and Uyo Stadiums, did not build a stadium for their football club. If they did, the club would probably be functioning today.
That was like thirty years ago though.

Some of these teams can even collaborate and share stadium...Milan and as Inter, Giants and Jets, Lakers and Clippers all share their home ground.

Watching the AFCON can't help but marvel at the stadiums on display.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done Ifeanyi Ubah. I hope he builds his club and takes them to continental success like Uzor Kalu did with Enyimba back in the day.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:Well done Ifeanyi Ubah. I hope he builds his club and takes them to continental success like Uzor Kalu did with Enyimba back in the day.
...governor, used the office of the governor. After he's gone, the club went south. That's Nigeria.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:
jette1 wrote:the actual stadium still under construction is seen in background
Looks like they're building up the current one.
They are building a new stand.
Should probably knock down the whole thing and start over lol, that thing is an eyesore...so its only Uyo and Abuja stadiums that we can boast of in the entire country?
what have you built in your life ?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ol boy don't worry, this beautiful stadium is ready to host all of Africa or whatever nonsense they are claiming? :winking:
U get bad mouth sha...u need to dey rinse wiff Holy wata
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

paj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:
jette1 wrote:the actual stadium still under construction is seen in background
Looks like they're building up the current one.
They are building a new stand.
Should probably knock down the whole thing and start over lol, that thing is an eyesore...so its only Uyo and Abuja stadiums that we can boast of in the entire country?
what have you built in your life ?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ol boy don't worry, this beautiful stadium is ready to host all of Africa or whatever nonsense they are claiming? :winking:
U get bad mouth sha...u need to dey rinse wiff Holy wata
You see these fine stadiums in Gabon, beautiful structures :thumbs: :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

BTW, how did Ubah make(s) his money? What business is he into. I get the feeling that running a FC in Nigeria is not a profit making enterprise! Hence why the likes of Dangote would rather buy Arsenal than an NPL team.

Enyimba was a missed opportunity. After back to back ACL wins they could and should have turned the club into a institution (ala Al Ahly, Real Madrid, Bayern, Man Utd etc). Kalu had promised to make the club self sufficient by floating it on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. What happened to that?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25794&p=369530&hili ... e+#p369530

mcal wrote:
wiseone wrote:Well done Ifeanyi Ubah. I hope he builds his club and takes them to continental success like Uzor Kalu did with Enyimba back in the day.
...governor, used the office of the governor. After he's gone, the club went south. That's Nigeria.