Nigeria 's Absence from CAN......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria 's Absence from CAN......

Post by Enugu II »

First, it has to be acknowledged that the federation's management and support of the team is important in helping the Nigerian national team qualify for the CAN finals. What we find, additionally, is that the use of the same coaching team appears important to a team's chances of making it to the CAN finals. Adverse to team's chances of reaching the finals is replacing the head coach with a coach that is not part of the coaching crew or with an assistant that is not the most important under the replaced coach
See link below:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2017/01/s ... geria.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 's Absence from CAN......

Post by Senator WIRES »

ok!, thanks for the info. 60 million viewers lost :shock:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It must be made mandatory in the NFF constitution that any board that fails to qualify for the CAN must quit.
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I didn't even know the tournament started today. I will probably watch just the final and maybe semifinal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

cic old boy wrote:
Abegi, here in Naija, "we" are too busy fighting over "our" EPL teams to care...AFCON ko, TFCO ni!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Gotti wrote: Abegi, here in Naija, "we" are too busy fighting over "our" EPL teams to care...AFCON ko, TFCO ni!
:lol: :lol: Funny but true.
http://www.naijiant.com/
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Every time Nigeria misses out, it is a big loss for the Afcon. I didn't watch today games. I don't care. I rarely watch it even if Nigeria had qualified. The games are boring and we have poor officiating. I watch Nigeria games and maybe the marquee games.

Cameroon vs Burkina Faso

Guinea Bissau vs Gabon

don't excite me
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ohenhen1 wrote:Every time Nigeria misses out, it is a big loss for the Afcon. I didn't watch today games. I don't care. I rarely watch it even if Nigeria had qualified. The games are boring and we have poor officiating. I watch Nigeria games and maybe the marquee games.

Cameroon vs Burkina Faso

Guinea Bissau vs Gabon

don't excite me
Big loss for who? I care a lot less but these competitions will go on with or without Nigeria.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

ohenhen1 wrote:Every time Nigeria misses out, it is a big loss for the Afcon. I didn't watch today games. I don't care. I rarely watch it even if Nigeria had qualified. The games are boring and we have poor officiating. I watch Nigeria games and maybe the marquee games.

Cameroon vs Burkina Faso

Guinea Bissau vs Gabon

don't excite me
Only Nigerian fans talk like this, AFCON has survived with or without Nigeria, lets not diminish the tournament because our team is not there

Nor be AFCON say make we no kwolifai.

Let's just enjoy the tournament, heart attack free jare, its one thing not to be interested but let's not have an overinflated sense of importance
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cameroon vs Burkina Faso

Guinea Bissau vs Gabon

don't excite me
But you will be fighting over EPL.
This is the same attitude that makes it easy for Africa's top stars to opt out of the tournament.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Damunk wrote:

Cameroon vs Burkina Faso

Guinea Bissau vs Gabon

don't excite me
This is the same attitude that makes it easy for Africa's top stars to opt out of the tournament.
A bit of a side topic but I remembered once, I believe it was the 2000 Nations cup when players were leaving for the nations cup and Gary McAllister (who??) was suggesting that it was sad to see the African players go and that he was sure Mustapha Hadji would have rather played for Coventry City against Leeds??? than go to the nations cup, to which Hadji in his infinite wisdom said nothing is better than taking is chance against Nigeria, Tunisia and Congo and that he honors Coventry but its a greater honor to play for his country..something like that
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Nigeria playing in afcon, I will not miss. Nigeria not playing, I don't bother.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damunk wrote:

Cameroon vs Burkina Faso

Guinea Bissau vs Gabon

don't excite me
I agree with ohenhen on this one. I'm sorry but the AFCON is boring and if Naija isn't there then there's no point watching.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

akamoke wrote:

Cameroon vs Burkina Faso

Guinea Bissau vs Gabon

don't excite me
Only Nigerian fans talk like this, AFCON has survived with or without Nigeria, lets not diminish the tournament because our team is not there

Nor be AFCON say make we no kwolifai.

Let's just enjoy the tournament, heart attack free jare, its one thing not to be interested but let's not have an overinflated sense of importance
It's not by force, if he doesn't want to watch it then so be it.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The Afcon has been hard to watch since the 90s/early 2000s I find it hard to watch,without Nigeria I just can't waste my time watching amiture referees and bumpy pitches,I might the last half of the final or the expected penalty shootout!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Eaglezbeak wrote:The Afcon has been hard to watch since the 90s/early 2000s I find it hard to watch,without Nigeria I just can't waste my time watching amiture referees and bumpy pitches,I might the last half of the final or the expected penalty shootout!
The last good AFCON was 2008, it's been boring since.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Wasn't even aware the Afcon already started until I came here, and it honestly wouldn't have made a difference if Nigeria was in it, didn't even watch most of our games back in 2013 when we won it except the Quarter final and final... in any case I'll pay close attention to the top teams like Algeria,Senegal, CIV,Ghana,and DRC...could care less about the rest tbh.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chimex101 wrote:Wasn't even aware the Afcon already started until I came here, and it honestly wouldn't have made a difference if Nigeria was in it, didn't even watch most of our games back in 2013 when we won it except the Quarter final and final... in any case I'll pay close attention to the top teams like Algeria,Senegal, CIV,Ghana,and DRC...could care less about the rest tbh.
But you did watch the dross served in euro, Romania v Albania or NIR v Ukraine, Iceland v Hungary. No? :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Watching those games yesterday dey burn my belle..The Afcon is the most important tourney in my head, I grew up watching it and fell in love with the then green eagles..nah wah ooo missing the 3rd Afcon in 5 years ..shame
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...AFCON, CAN, ANC, or whatever you call it will not placate a thieving FA free chance to their big dance.
Those of you saying you careless of the on-going tournament ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Yeah, you kit and kin is caught in a compromising way, you say you are not perturbed, let the egghead and thieves continue making their mess.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Did yall see the crowd watching in Guinea Bissau. . I have never seen such in my life during Afcon...it was enormous. Wow
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:...AFCON, CAN, ANC, or whatever you call it will not placate a thieving FA free chance to their big dance.
Those of you saying you careless of the on-going tournament ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Yeah, you kit and kin is caught in a compromising way, you say you are not perturbed, let the egghead and thieves continue making their mess.
I agree.
I can even understand small if your own nation is not there. But Ohenhen wey talk say even if Naija dey, him fit no watch, that one get as e be.
Unless of course you're not a football fan.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "