EVERTON VS CITY 4-0 (Lukaku, Mirallas, Davies, Ademola) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EVERTON VS CITY 3-0 (Lukaku, Mirallas, Davies) 2H

Post by Coach »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Pep is having problems because all these English footballers like Aguero, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Kelechi, Silva, Sagna etc don't know how to play tiki-taka :mrgreen:
Silva and DeBruyne are good, the rest aren't good enough for his system.
His team is good enough to be beating Everton. Thus far, his Man City tenure has been a tail of breakdancing where foxtrot would suffice. Absolutely pathetic. There aren't enough days in January to squeeze enough names through the window. Where is Bravo, Sane, Stones and all the other zero calorie Pepsis hr brought in. Blind arrogance brought him in with wild ideas and such clever-clogsness will be beaten mercilessly out of his bald head. He has taken City's weakness and made it far worse. Thus far, an absolute disappointment in so many ways and that, as an admirer of his former works. The papers will kill him.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EVERTON VS CITY 4-0 (Lukaku, Mirallas, Davies, Ademola)

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:City have regressed so much under Pep Kai!
I tried to warn spastic early in the season during the midst of their 10 game winning streak but he refused to listen. Speaking of Spaz, where is he sef?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Pep is having problems because all these English footballers like Aguero, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Kelechi, Silva, Sagna etc don't know how to play tiki-taka :mrgreen:
His team is good enough to be beating Everton. Thus far, his Man City tenure has been a tail of breakdancing where foxtrot would suffice. Absolutely pathetic. There aren't enough days in January to squeeze enough names through the window. Where is Bravo, Sane, Stones and all the other zero calorie Pepsis hr brought in. Blind arrogance brought him in with wild ideas and such clever-clogsness will be beaten mercilessly out of his bald head. He has taken City's weakness and made it far worse. Thus far, an absolute disappointment in so many ways and that, as an admirer of his former works. The papers will kill him.
KPOM!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Pep looks totally deflated in his post-match interview.
Has he ever been under so much pressure?
Can he handle it?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Pepe should get 4 real defenders....in the EPL you will struggle if you seen as vulnerable.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:City have regressed so much under Pep Kai!
I tried to warn spastic early in the season during the midst of their 10 game winning streak but he refused to listen. Speaking of Spaz, where is he sef?
:lol: :lol: Looking for Plastic the fair-weather fan....
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Silva and DeBruyne are good, the rest aren't good enough for his system.
Funny enough, I was thinking the same when the score was 2-0 but I included Kun Aguero which gives him 3 players for his system. If he doesn't have enough materials for his system - clearly he doesn't - he needs to adjust his tactics to fit the players on ground. Ironically, I noted that this issue likely will rear its head during their 10 game winning streak. Adjustments is key here for Pep.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:Pepe should get 4 real defenders....in the EPL you will struggle if you seen as vulnerable.
The problem isnt the players. The problem is his system. See how David Silva had to come far back to get the ball. There was no proper relationship between De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero and Ihenacho.

He needs to go back to the drawing board. The problem isnt the players.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Hugh Marera: Ronald Koeman's #kicki-taka beats Pep Guardiola's #tiki-taka
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Hugh Marera: Ronald Koeman's #kicki-taka beats Pep Guardiola's #tiki-taka
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Nigeria better call up Lukman (Lookman) as soon as possible. I love his gate and sense of positioning, anticipation and his a finisher. Kele still is too; but he needs to be confident and play his usual style and game. He can't score unless he shoots. Those fooling around in the 18 is not doing him any good.

I looking forward to seeing Osimehn, Lookman, Kele, Success (if and whenever he agrees to play); in the Super Eagles' squad.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Wicked Everton couldn't even respect a constituted authority in Pep.

Anyway sha, Pep needs prep because I don't even know what course he's doing o.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Damunk wrote:
Coach wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Damn, City being taught a serious lesson.
Another day another disgrace for Peperempe baby o, suga sugaaaa!!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kai!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:Pepe should get 4 real defenders....in the EPL you will struggle if you seen as vulnerable.
The problem isnt the players. The problem is his system. See how David Silva had to come far back to get the ball. There was no proper relationship between De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero and Ihenacho.

The problem is the defence, geez how many goals has Stones alone gifted the opponents? 4 shots 4 goals ,that looks like resource issue to me. They are so vulnerable in that defence it beggars belief, can you compare any of his defenders with Pique and the argentine at Barca or Boateng at Bayern?

All teams need to do to score against City is simply have a go....i said this from the word go even when they were winning...their defence is like a loose girl ,one that every boy has had about and as such fancy their chance.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Cristao II wrote:

I agree. Man City's greatest strength is counter attack, this possession based play is not their style at all.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

these excuses are just too funny.

How's Bravo fitting into 'his system'?
Bravo is doing well and his tiki-taka passing are accurate. He is working on his minor weaknesses and very soon not all shots on target against him will enter the net.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Igugu wrote:Nigeria better call up Lukman (Lookman) as soon as possible. I love his gate and sense of positioning, anticipation and his a finisher. Kele still is too; but he needs to be confident and play his usual style and game. He can't score unless he shoots. Those fooling around in the 18 is not doing him any good.

I looking forward to seeing Osimehn, Lookman, Kele, Success (if and whenever he agrees to play); in the Super Eagles' squad.
See how a stupid little rumour from frustrated fans has now turned to established 'fact'.
This is what we were saying: people should stop expressing feelings as if fact, because once repeated often enough, people will believe them to be true. Goebbels taught us that.

Success is dealing with chronic recurrent muscle injuries and the last thing he needs is people accusing him of refusing to play for the Super Eagles.
If you didn't know it before, at least now you know. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

The problem is the defence, geez how many goals has Stones alone gifted the opponents? 4 shots 4 goals ,that looks like resource issue to me. They are so vulnerable in that defence it beggars belief, can you compare any of his defenders with Pique and the argentine at Barca or Boateng at Bayern?

All teams need to do to score against City is simply have a go....i said this from the word go even when they were winning...their defence is like a loose girl ,one that every boy has had about and as such fancy their chance.
Stones/Otamendi is as good a CB combo as Williams/Funes Mori. They were not playing Barca or Bayern today. I am also pretty sure that Pique, Mascherano and Boateng would give similar performances in this formation. Dont forget Pep played Sagna at CB and Zabaleta in the midfield. What did Everton do - They played Davies, a 19 yr old and Holgate another teenager. They even played slow coach Barry in midfield. Pep needs to look at himself very well. He is misusing players.

Is he saying City has no youth CB or youth CM that can fill in there? His system is wrong.
Last edited by Cristao II on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

The defenders were good enough to reach the SF of CL. He did away with them and brought his own players. No excuse for the nonsense!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

The defenders were good enough to reach the SF of CL. He did away with them and brought his own players. No excuse for the nonsense!
If you read my post carefully i mentioned the EPL, after all Pep did not have any problem playing the same system at Barca and Bayern. Compare the defenders he had there and the pretenders he has now. EPL will punish a dodgy defence, even the likes of Barnsley would do that because they play direct football.

Once again i asked how many goals have Stones dashed the opponent this season?

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

If you read my post carefully i mentioned the EPL, after all Pep did not have any problem playing the same system at Barca and Bayern. Compare the defenders he had there and the pretenders he has now. EPL will punish a dodgy defence, even the likes of Barnsley would do that because they play direct football.

Oloye, Guardiola selected Stones. He bought Stones. Stones is an average CD. His defensive setup is wack. He must be missing either Fernando or Fernandinho. I hope neither is available for Spurs match vs. them.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Stones/Otamendi is as good a CB combo as Williams/Funes Mori. They were not playing Barca or Bayern today. I am also pretty sure that Pique, Mascherano and Boateng would give similar performances in this formation. Dont forget Pep played Sagna at CB and Zabaleta in the midfield. What did Everton do - They played Davies, a 19 yr old and Holgate another teenager. They even played slow coach Barry in midfield. Pep needs to look at himself very well. He is misusing players.

Is he saying City has no youth CB or youth CM that can fill in there? His system is wrong.
Good combo on paper, how many goals has Stones cost City ..that is when the details of the combo starts to speak.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Oloye, Guardiola selected Stones. He bought Stones. Stones is an average CD. His defensive setup is wack. He must be missing either Fernando or Fernandinho. I hope neither is available for Spurs match vs. them.
But that is what i am saying. You guys want to hang Pepe, no wahala, i already hung him when i said in another post that his assessment of the team when he came in was wrong. I already hung him when i queried where are the players he brought in. But in this post i am simply stating what was wrong from the word go, even when they were running away...i always felt that defence had no spine, no organisation, especially when he was playing Kolarov as cb. Yes he brough Stones in , but my point is about the collective defensive unit especially the middle.