Ghana's 35 year trophy drought

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana's 35 year trophy drought

Post by kajifu »

Mr Shows wrote:Either Senegal or Cameroon will send the slack stars back to where they belong..They ain't got the steel, power or winning mentality to lift the trophy.
Wow you call it
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ogolo wrote:
osita wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:If they can get their act together , they can definately win this thing.

The teams here are mediocre so far, it will not take much for a well disciplined team with a few match winners, to win this thing.

Despite their poor start today, I think it is still between CIV and Ghana.

Something about Senegal just doesn't sit right with me.

Tune in tomorrow to see how the game should be played
35 to extend to 38 years/
Almost 40years a life time :mrgreen:

It's taking a toll on Gyan for sure.

Black stars skipper Asamoah Gyan has expressed his frustration at the nation’s 35 year old AFCON drought.

Ghana won four AFCON titles between 1963 and 1982, but has since failed to add to them.

Asamoah Gyan, who is making his 6th AFCON tournament appearance, after making his debut in 2008 when Ghana hosted, says he is honoured to still be involved in the tournament after such a long time, but says he is more discontent at not winning the trophy after so many attempts.

“I feel blessed, because it’s not easy playing six AFCON tournaments. I still feel strong despite recent injuries which have slowed me down a bit”

“Personally I do worry a lot, even now that I am leading the team. It’s quite frustrating having this group of quality players and not taking anything home.”

“It is frustrating but we will try and make sure we carry the cup home. It is however too early to be talking about winning the trophy.”

“We just have to be more composed to do what we do best, that’s winning games and we will see what happens”.

Gyan is currently tied with Rev. Osei Kofi and Andre Ayew as Ghana’s all time leading scorer in the AFCON and is just a goal away from breaking that record.

By:Daniel Koranteng/citifmonline.com/Ghana
- See more at: http://sport.citifmonline.com/2017/01/1 ... lBSxU.dpuf
Kai, looking at Gyan's face you can tell he's suffering from trophyless constipation. Six attempts and nothing is coming out. Any laxatives for afcon blockage? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

pajimoh wrote:
Ogolo wrote:
osita wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:If they can get their act together , they can definately win this thing.

The teams here are mediocre so far, it will not take much for a well disciplined team with a few match winners, to win this thing.

Despite their poor start today, I think it is still between CIV and Ghana.

Something about Senegal just doesn't sit right with me.

Tune in tomorrow to see how the game should be played
35 to extend to 38 years/
Almost 40years a life time :mrgreen:

It's taking a toll on Gyan for sure.

Black stars skipper Asamoah Gyan has expressed his frustration at the nation’s 35 year old AFCON drought.

Ghana won four AFCON titles between 1963 and 1982, but has since failed to add to them.

Asamoah Gyan, who is making his 6th AFCON tournament appearance, after making his debut in 2008 when Ghana hosted, says he is honoured to still be involved in the tournament after such a long time, but says he is more discontent at not winning the trophy after so many attempts.

“I feel blessed, because it’s not easy playing six AFCON tournaments. I still feel strong despite recent injuries which have slowed me down a bit”

“Personally I do worry a lot, even now that I am leading the team. It’s quite frustrating having this group of quality players and not taking anything home.”

“It is frustrating but we will try and make sure we carry the cup home. It is however too early to be talking about winning the trophy.”

“We just have to be more composed to do what we do best, that’s winning games and we will see what happens”.

Gyan is currently tied with Rev. Osei Kofi and Andre Ayew as Ghana’s all time leading scorer in the AFCON and is just a goal away from breaking that record.

By:Daniel Koranteng/citifmonline.com/Ghana
- See more at: http://sport.citifmonline.com/2017/01/1 ... lBSxU.dpuf
Kai, looking at Gyan's face you can tell he's suffering from trophyless constipation. Six attempts and nothing is coming out. Any laxatives for afcon blockage? :tic:

I think they got the wrong squad. Abedi Pele's sons are a fraud too, especially Jordan.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga