NIGERIA WOULD EASILY WIN THIS ANC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA WOULD EASILY WIN THIS ANC

Post by balo »

You can't easily win what you took no part of.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Synopsis wrote:VE is right.

abeg dont mind the haters. None of these teams I have seen so far is close to the quality of the new look SE.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:

abeg dont mind the haters. None of these teams I have seen so far is close to the quality of the new look SE.

E go do u like film trick. A couple bounces of the ball and this new SE team only has 2 pts in the wc qualifiers. Plus, the first games in AFCON are always tough, we struggled vs Zambia in 2013 but still won. Judging that game alone we were craps too.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote:

You are the one hating on the teams that actually qualified.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

vancity eagle wrote:I agree with Rohr, who apparently said that his team would easily win this tournament.

It is painful to see this tournament filled with low quality sides, even some of the so called top teams. They are nowhere near the level of this current Rohr led SE side.

Shame that the crooks conspired to have us not partake in this tournament.

I can say having watched all of these teams that Nigeria would easily win this whole thing. This could possibly be one of the lowest quality ANC's to date.

Even Senegal was very unconvincing.

I put it to you that we would beat whoever wins this tournament without a doubt.
I guess we will never know since we did not qualify. Last Nigerian ANC winning team, coached by home grown legend. Until then let's just get into tournaments and judge how we do. Hallucinations do not count, I prefer reality
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

The Egypt that we failed to beat in qualifying would have something to say about that.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:Nigeria could not qualify not once but twice in a row and now would win easily. What an irony :D :D :lol:
Things are not so black and white. The 1992 Euros that Denmark won, how did they qualify?
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

As a Nigerian, who happens to believe Super Eagles is one of the consistently good thing to come out of Nigeria. I endorse your statement. This time in the history of AFCON is similar to 1996 edition, that we missed, Eagles without bias would've walked thru this AFCON based on current form.

quote="vancity eagle"]I agree with Rohr, who apparently said that his team would easily win this tournament.

It is painful to see this tournament filled with low quality sides, even some of the so called top teams. They are nowhere near the level of this current Rohr led SE side.

Shame that the crooks conspired to have us not partake in this tournament.

I can say having watched all of these teams that Nigeria would easily win this whole thing. This could possibly be one of the lowest quality ANC's to date.

Even Senegal was very unconvincing.

I put it to you that we would beat whoever wins this tournament without a doubt.[/quote]
Goldenera94
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

The same pedigree made us come to AFCON 2000, after missing 2 previous editions, and played in the final with a dubious call against Eagles.

Molue Conductor wrote:
cruxifixoy2k wrote:Nigeria could not qualify not once but twice in a row and now would win easily. What an irony :D :D :lol:
Things are not so black and white. The 1992 Euros that Denmark won, how did they qualify?
Goldenera94
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

some CE from Cameroon had a signature to the effect of "Nigeria is the only country that can win an ANC trophy without qualifying".

Kai, na wa!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:some CE from Cameroon had a signature to the effect of "Nigeria is the only country that can win an ANC trophy without qualifying".

Kai, na wa!
the truth is we are the champions of the 2017 ANC. It is written. There will be bans and sanctions and we will be crowned kings, just dey watch.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:some CE from Cameroon had a signature to the effect of "Nigeria is the only country that can win an ANC trophy without qualifying".

Kai, na wa!
the truth is we are the champions of the 2017 ANC. It is written. There will be bans and sanctions and we will be crowned kings, just dey watch.

I know....we still have those SHINY trophies from 1996 and 1998.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

I mean not like I completely agree with what VE is saying, afterall we didn't qualify..but I tend to see some sense in his stance...IF our useless Nff had gotten their acts together on time and hired a coach as soon as Oliseh resigned to quickly get down to business and familiarize himself with the terrain...MAYBE we could have qualified to start with, but no, we had to wait till the dying minute for Siasia to perform some magic...maybe a very organizational coach like say Rohr could have qualified us if we considered going the foreign manager way on time...and watching these tournament so far there hasn't been much thrill and quality, maybe it will pick up as it progresses..but there's nothing so far to suggest a team with Nacho, Iwobi, Etebo, Osimhen,Nwakali,Musa etc and a array of other young talents we have coming up would have at least given us a good shot at winning the trophy, but hey...we could only fantasize and wish, the teams that deservedly qualified are in Gabon doing the business while we sit home and watch without our Eagles.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Chimex101 wrote:I mean not like I completely agree with what VE is saying, afterall we didn't qualify..but I tend to see some sense in his stance...IF our useless Nff had gotten their acts together on time and hired a coach as soon as Oliseh resigned to quickly get down to business and familiarize himself with the terrain...MAYBE we could have qualified to start with, but no, we had to wait till the dying minute for Siasia to perform some magic...maybe a very organizational coach like say Rohr could have qualified us if we considered going the foreign manager way on time...and watching these tournament so far there hasn't been much thrill and quality, maybe it will pick up as it progresses..but there's nothing so far to suggest a team with Nacho, Iwobi, Etebo, Osimhen,Nwakali,Musa etc and a array of other young talents we have coming up would have at least given us a good shot at winning the trophy, but hey...we could only fantasize and wish, the teams that deservedly qualified are in Gabon doing the business while we sit home and watch without our Eagles.
Of course we would have had a shot at winning it - we always do if we qualify. But the arrogance in suggesting that we would win it easily is one of the reasons many are delighted when we lose. It is absolutely disrespectful to the teams that actually qualified. We should learn from the Brazilians who never come across as arrogant despite all their successes.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Chimex101 wrote:I mean not like I completely agree with what VE is saying, afterall we didn't qualify..but I tend to see some sense in his stance...IF our useless Nff had gotten their acts together on time and hired a coach as soon as Oliseh resigned to quickly get down to business and familiarize himself with the terrain...MAYBE we could have qualified to start with, but no, we had to wait till the dying minute for Siasia to perform some magic...maybe a very organizational coach like say Rohr could have qualified us if we considered going the foreign manager way on time...and watching these tournament so far there hasn't been much thrill and quality, maybe it will pick up as it progresses..but there's nothing so far to suggest a team with Nacho, Iwobi, Etebo, Osimhen,Nwakali,Musa etc and a array of other young talents we have coming up would have at least given us a good shot at winning the trophy, but hey...we could only fantasize and wish, the teams that deservedly qualified are in Gabon doing the business while we sit home and watch without our Eagles.
The highlighted says it all.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nigeria can "easily win" an AFCON they were not even good enough to qualify for. Nigeria is the only team in the world that wins tournaments they did not enter.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote:Nigeria can "easily win" an AFCON they were not even good enough to qualify for. Nigeria is the only team in the world that wins tournaments they did not enter.
:source: :source: :source:
:sneaky:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

VE is right. This new cream of SE is focused and they play with purpose and direction.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

A moral victory
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Honestly Nigeria's non-qualification propels AFCON to the level of respect it has not been getting; it in fact made all these European mugus realize that AFCOn is no joke - because in their mind Nigeria should always easily qualify. Haven said that Nigeria's absence is lowering the level of competition
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Looking at this ANC, Kenya would have been in round 2 already.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Ogolo wrote:
Looking at this ANC, Kenya would have been in round 2 already.
Wait o! You mean Kenya did not qualify for this ANC?!? :woot: Surprises shall never cease :scared:

Wha choo looking at?!