My take on the ANC so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
My take on the ANC so far

Post by bamenda boy »

There are no m minnows anymore.
The teams that have won do far did it unconvincingly.
To my surprise, the Plantainians have been one of the best.
I don't think Nigeria will win it as easily as some will want us to believe.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My take on the ANC so far

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Most of the games I have seen have been of very high quality, except for Egypt-Mali.

Wha choo looking at?!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

we say this at every AFCON and yet at the end we come to the realization there are still minnows.
e.g. the countries that do not even qualify :laugh:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Yet to see a team that would make the 2nd rd of the wc. Much noise about nothing, Ghana can't beat Iceland and Egypt would lose to Venezuela.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Yet to see a team that would make the 2nd rd of the wc. Much noise about nothing, Ghana can't beat Iceland and Egypt would lose to Venezuela.
..and Naija will beat Luxembourg
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Rawlings wrote:we say this at every AFCON and yet at the end we come to the realization there are still minnows.
e.g. the countries that do not even qualify
:laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

tfco wrote:
Rawlings wrote:we say this at every AFCON and yet at the end we come to the realization there are still minnows.
choi
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Ku Kuru Kuuuuu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I haven't watched any games. Been busy, will try to watch some games tomorrow. Hopefully the officiating has improved.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bamenda boy wrote:There are no m minnows anymore.

is it that there are no minnows or is it that everyone has degraded to minnows therefore = all minnows affair
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kali
Egg
Egg
Re: My take on the ANC so E

Post by kali »

Expect surprises. My standout teams of the tournament:

1) Cameroon - Surprisingly a solid team with a good attack

2) Egypt - Was a team that was creative going forward smothering in the middle

3) Mali - Very physical team that looks like it could break out this tournament
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Every single year for the last 20 years, everyone says some version of "there are no minnows anymore".

It haf do...we don hear
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Or those who haven't won it for 35 years...
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

We've been hearing this no minnow chant for long now and honestly it's a bit overstated already, granted there are no easy paths in African football anymore as most teams we deem minnows are now tough to beat, but that's because the so called Big teams don't know how to produce the spark and excitement anymore, look at Ghana yesterday against Uganda and you wonder if these was the same Ghana that made giant strides at the 2010 world Cup, quality is badly lacking among the top teams in Africa and it's making the mid tier and low ranked teams look competitive.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chimex101 wrote:We've been hearing this no minnow chant for long now and honestly it's a bit overstated already, granted there are no easy paths in African football anymore as most teams we deem minnows are now tough to beat, but that's because the so called Big teams don't know how to produce the spark and excitement anymore, look at Ghana yesterday against Uganda and you wonder if these was the same Ghana that made giant strides at the 2010 world Cup, quality is badly lacking among the top teams in Africa and it's making the mid tier and low ranked teams look competitive.
Thank you O jare. Now they us to believe that Cameroon is a good team when the team is actually rubbish.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

bamenda boy wrote:There are no m minnows anymore.
Nigeria did not qualify. Could not qualify. If they had Billiant? that would be another matter..
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The matches have been very poor in quality with players just going through the motions without being outstanding.
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

I must say it's early but this quality is much less than the average European nations cup game last year. Talent is ok but Position sense and the midfield - forward link up is very poor. Game reading and match adjustments by the coaches seem just as bad. I am still cheering and watching but it's becoming more of a duty than exciting. Is it all because there is no Naija? I don't think so.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The team that most impressed/surprise me is...Zimbabwe. Khama Billiat and Willard Katsande are excellent players. Katsande's work rate in DM was frightening. It reached Ji "Three Lungs" Park and Kante levels. To get a sense of his play and physique: imagine a player with the build of Jaap Stam or Amokachi playing in DM and charging around the pitch like Kante.

Billiat is a very skillful player. He got voted as the 2nd best player in Africa: http://allafrica.com/stories/201701060056.html
Not hard to see why. Incredible that he and Katsande play in South Africa and have not been picked up by some of the north African or European clubs.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

tfco wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Wicked
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

wiseone wrote:The team that most impressed/surprise me is...Zimbabwe. Khama Billiat and Willard Katsande are excellent players. Katsande's work rate in DM was frightening. It reached Ji "Three Lungs" Park and Kante levels. To get a sense of his play and physique: imagine a player with the build of Jaap Stam or Amokachi playing in DM and charging around the pitch like Kante.

Billiat is a very skillful player. He got voted as the 2nd best player in Africa: http://allafrica.com/stories/201701060056.html
Not hard to see why. Incredible that he and Katsande play in South Africa and have not been picked up by some of the north African or European clubs.
Products of South Africa League, they have some good players in that league.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

wale1974 wrote:
tfco wrote:
Guys cool down ...don't get too excited :mad:
The examples that came to mind are: Lesotho, Somalia, Swaziland, Sao Tome & Principe, Tangayika, Rhodesia, etc
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Rawlings wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
tfco wrote:
Guys cool down ...don't get too excited :mad:
The examples that came to mind are: Lesotho, Somalia, Swaziland, Sao Tome & Principe, Tangayika, Rhodesia, etc
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!