Ezekiel Bassey signs for Barcelona

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ezekiel Bassey signs for Barcelona

Post by 1naija »

What's the point of this loan? I understand it from player standpoint but I don't get it from football standpoint. Is this just PR by Enyimba so they can brag about it to Rangers?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote:What's the point of this loan? I understand it from player standpoint but I don't get it from football standpoint. Is this just PR by Enyimba so they can brag about it to Rangers?
What is the point of a Nigerian engineer washing dishes in NY?
Success is associated with NY

apply the same logic
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Otitokoro wrote:That was like watching ground hog day...
The same moves over and over again - no variation
Damunk wrote:[/video]

why change a working formula? :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Woah word! That's good for the bobo, I remember him playing under Keshi coming in late in a game and running rings around our opponent, haven't heard anything about him since then. I just remember how he would show his full set of 32 each time he would dribble and get kicked down for a foul. Seemed to have a joy for the game. Good luck to him.

Is that the short guy the crowd was always hailing because they thought he was a skilled little boy?

LOl no that is someone else. Kai, we have fielded some people sha..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

This is quite the feat.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is Third Division. But what you guys do not take into consideration is that in Spain, the smaller la liga clubs look to Barca B or Real Madrid Castilla for players. If Bassey destroys third division with Barca B, he'd either be promoted or bought outright by another la liga team.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

danfo driver wrote:This is Third Division. But what you guys do not take into consideration is that in Spain, the smaller la liga clubs look to Barca B or Real Madrid Castilla for players. If Bassey destroys third division with Barca B, he'd either be promoted or bought outright by another la liga team.
Kpom

:agree:

A chance to showcase his talent up close to la liga teams...
if it doesnt work out he goes back to Enyimba
YNWA
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Remember the agreement between laliga and the Npfl? Apparently this is part of it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Remember the agreement between laliga and the Npfl? Apparently this is part of it.
Yup
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

niyi wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Remember the agreement between laliga and the Npfl? Apparently this is part of it.
Yup
I don"t think so. Bassey was not even in thr NPFL team that toured Spain.
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This is a massive opportunity for Bassey to breakthrough with Barca or at worst another decent club in Europe. Good luck to the young man and congrats.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

http://itsagoal.ng/five-things-barca-re ... el-bassey/

http://www.sportlineng.com/enyimba-play ... ars-spain/

He was.

Dammy wrote:
niyi wrote:
Yup
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:
niyi wrote:
Yup
He was. The signing Is more of a marketing plan to help Npfl, expect more signings like this in the future. 6months loan and hopefully they get a club and in Spain.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I wish Bassey the best. Glad he has the skill set and discipline to succeed. A lot of commentators always fail to look at the human angle here. I can imagine what this has done for Ezekiel's Mom- a secondary school teacher in Uyo. Hoping he succeeds for the sake of other similarly talented NPFL players and his family.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Read with extreme caution.
Barcelona Will Send Ezekiel Bassey Back To Enyimba In The Summer – Spanish Journalist Reveals
April 4, 2017 Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/04/ba ... t-reveals/

Ezekiel Bassey won’t be offered a permanent deal by Spanish La-Liga giants Barcelona according to a Spain based journalist, who is very close to the technical staff of the team.

Bassey was signed on loan by Barcelona. A move which came as a surprise to many people as the 20 year old, although talented was never mentioned to be on the radar of the club until his transfer was announced.

He was supposed to spend time with the B team of Barcelona before making the step up to the main team in the summer, but work permit issues have denied him a chance to showcase his worth to coach Gerard Lopez of the B team.
However, Joseph Capdevila who writes for highly respected Barcelona based publication Sport revealed, Bassey has failed to impress the coaches hence just like Robert Concalves, who was signed last season in similar circumstances and later released by the club, Bassey could be on his way out as well.

” Ezekiel Bassey was signed without any coach of the B team watching him play, he is back in training with the team, much to the surprise of his teammates who have been so unimpressed by his lack of quality”, Concalves said.

” Barcelona has seen too many strange arrivals the past one year. But what seem certain is that Bassey will leave at the end of the season and that, surely, without many ever remembering he was once a player of the B team”.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lol Joseph Capdevila dey vex for all these 'strange' moves, anyways bobo should just keep his head up and hopefully something else can come out of this exposure...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damn that sucks..

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TBH, I never thought Bassey will make the grade at Barcelona. I thought that there were better players in the NPFL than the guy. In any case, he can pick up the pieces and move on elsewhere.
EXCLUSIVE: How Ezekiel Bassey bombed 1 million Euros Barcelona deal
By Samm Audu - April 5, 2017200 0
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/04/05/e ... lona-deal/

SCORENigeria has gathered more details why Enyimba forward Ezekiel Bassey will not be offered a contract that would have fetched Enyimba over a million Euros from mighty Barcelona at the end of his much-celebrated loan move to Spain.

Bassey, nicknamed ‘Hazard’ by Enyimba fans after the Chelsea star, has failed to impress with Barcelona ‘B’ during his loan spell at the Catalan giants.

Despite joining Barca second team without any trials, he did not impress in training but the deal breaker was his below-par performance for Barcelona B in an international friendly against a Zambian team.

Ezekiel Bassey at Barcelona
Ezekiel Bassey at Barcelona
“Bassey is not Barcelona standard and those who recommended him to the club do not know football,” a top source told only SCORENigeria in sheer frustration.

“He did not measure up during the friendly match he played for them and even in training he has failed to impress.

“He has now blocked more deserving Nigerian players from Barcelona.”

SCORENigeria was reliably informed Enyimba stood to be richer by a million Euros had Bassey been given a contract in the summer.

It was further understood that his residence papers will come through, but after what he has showed on the pitch, the papers will no longer be necessary.

Bassey, who has already debuted for the Super Eagles, was to have been offered a permanent deal had he impressed at the end of his loan spell in the summer.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:Damn that sucks..

This is from owngoal though.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Rawlings wrote:
1naija wrote:What's the point of this loan? I understand it from player standpoint but I don't get it from football standpoint. Is this just PR by Enyimba so they can brag about it to Rangers?
What is the point of a Nigerian engineer washing dishes in NY?
Success is associated with NY

apply the same logic
...wRongling, you back from Nations Cup sick for the citizen short people...?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Turkish Side Osmanlispor Reject Ezekiel Bassey Following Release By Barcelona
July 5, 2017019
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/05/tu ... barcelona/

The General Manager (GM) of Turkish Super Lig side Osmanlispor says the club are not in talks with Nigerian forward Ezekiel Bassey who is reportedly close to completing a move to the club after failing to make his mark at Barcelona.

Bassey joined Barcelona on a six months loan deal from Nigerian side Enyimba, but he didn’t make any appearance for the B team for the period of time his loan lasted, which made the Catalan club to opt against making his deal permanent.

Osmanlispor ‎were linked with a move for the forward but according to Ender Yurtguven the stories linking them with the 22 year old lack substance, as they are not in the hunt for the CHAN 2016 Nigerian ace.

” Ezekiel Bassey and Arouna Kone have been mentioned in the media, but this kind of news ‎is being made during the transfer period, Our coach has written a lot of names and he is not among the players we are interested in. I think this kind of news is done by the player’s manager”, he said.