Senegal and Burkina Faso were the best two teams

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Senegal and Burkina Faso were the best two teams

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Only a dishonest person will deny the fact that the Lions of Teranga and the Stallions were the best two teams in this tournament

[2] Unfortunately, life is not always fair though

[3] Football can be a cruel game

[4] From what I saw, only Senegal and Burkina Faso could have done Africa proud at the next Confederations Cup

[5] Neither Egypt, Cameroon or Ghana fills me with any confidence when they take on non-African opponents

[6] However, in football, one has to accept that being the best does not automatically mean you will win. This tournament is a reminder about how inexperience and a lack of that German ruthlessness has been the bane of many African teams over the years

[7] If one kitted those Burkinabes in German shirts yesterday, they would have won that match 3-0 with ease

[8] Likewise, Senegal should easily have beaten Cameroon 3-0

[9] Of the three teams left in the tournament, I think Ghana is the best but they are too vulnerable at the back for my liking

[10] I really feel for the Burkinabes, especially Aristide Bance. I just cannot get my head around how they lost that match.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal and Burkina Faso were the best two teams

Post by metalalloy »

Go back to bed.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If you can't win a game in 90 minutes and a future 30 you can't complain when you leave after penalties,both teams has ample opportunities to settle the score but failed!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
[9] Of the three teams left in the tournament, I think Ghana is the best but they are too vulnerable at the back for my liking .
BTW, of the last 8 teams, Ghana has the second best defensive record (after Egypt)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Rawlings wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
[9] Of the three teams left in the tournament, I think Ghana is the best but they are too vulnerable at the back for my liking .
BTW, of the last 8 teams, Ghana has the second best defensive record (after Egypt)
Let us see how they cope against Cameroon today. Having said that, Cameroon has no real attack.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Let us see how they cope against Cameroon today. Having said that, Cameroon has no real attack.
They coped well with DRC, the best attacking side with the best scorer(J. Kabananga) of the 8 teams that qualified
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Only a dishonest person will deny the fact that the Lions of Teranga and the Stallions were the best two teams in this tournament
So anybody who has a contrary opinion as you is dishonest. Kai, very faulty 'logic'.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Thats is our weakness. This team could win the ANC,though, but at a WC we would be exposed. If we can get Choupo-Moting back by the time of the WCQ, we could get stronger.