HOW TO BEAT CAMEROUN EASILY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
HOW TO BEAT CAMEROUN EASILY

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

With Gyan unable to start, the BS strategy was doomed before kickoff. To beat this cameroun team, a 433 or 442 with emphasis on the high press was needed. Instead, Ghana allowed a mediocre passing team enough time and space to set up their attack. At times they coulda had lunch while in possession before they decided what to do with the ball.

If cameroun is denied the ability to make comfortable passes or any attempt to build up, they lose shape and patience rather easily. Press the defenders and press the midfielders. once u recover the ball, make fast runs down the middle and the wings. They will panic.

To beat cameroun, you must overwhelm then in their half of the field. Make them react,not think. Ghana gave them way too much time on the ball for a mediocre possession team. Ghana wasted the best chance they'll ever get to win another AFCON .
OCCUPY NFF!!
kamerun1
Egg
Egg
Re: HOW TO BEAT CAMEROUN EASILY

Post by kamerun1 »

1000% correct. Both these Cameroonian and Egyptian teams are their poorest ever talent wise.

EGYPT 2 CAMEROON 1
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Ghana showed Cameroon way too much respect and paid for it, Cameroon on the other hand came to win, and damn could well draw blood if it had to come down to that...a big difference in the mental approach to the game by both sides.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Nigeria is no Ghana. Cameroon will be beaten severely in Uyo. Ghana did not have anyone like Victor Moses to pressure the Cameroonian defense for 90 minutes. The advantage we have with Moses is that he will kill you himself if you don't put enough people on him. And if they do put more people on Moses, we have Nacho, Ideye, and others to kill them.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

1naija wrote:Nigeria is no Ghana. Cameroon will be beaten severely in Uyo. Ghana did not have anyone like Victor Moses to pressure the Cameroonian defense for 90 minutes. The advantage we have with Moses is that he will kill you himself if you don't put enough people on him. And if they do put more people on Moses, we have Nacho, Ideye, and others to kill them.
...is attack.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Ghana underestimated Cameroon just like Nigeria is now. Cameroon was solid defensively. The Black Stars only woke up to realize that the only way to beat a solidly defensive team was fast movement and smart box play. Their second half created lots of opportunities to score but they lacked a killer Number 9 in the middle. Nigeria is going to need Kelechi Iheanacho to play a number 9. He is great in the box. Victor Moses on one wing and Ahmed Musa on the other.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kali wrote:Ghana underestimated Cameroon just like Nigeria is now. Cameroon was solid defensively. The Black Stars only woke up to realize that the only way to beat a solidly defensive team was fast movement and smart box play. Their second half created lots of opportunities to score but they lacked a killer Number 9 in the middle. Nigeria is going to need Kelechi Iheanacho to play a number 9. He is great in the box. Victor Moses on one wing and Ahmed Musa on the other.
Cameroon wouldn't have coped to well if they had conceded earlier,Ghana had chances a better team would had ended them!
Ghana where way too cautious and where poor in front of goal,Nigeria have never had a Problem with confidence in front of goal (just poor decisions in personnel) so as long as the right players are selected the game in Uyo is not going to be easy for the Afcon finalists (runners up) Cameroon!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
malamax
Egg
Egg

Post by malamax »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:With Gyan unable to start, the BS strategy was doomed before kickoff. To beat this cameroun team, a 433 or 442 with emphasis on the high press was needed. Instead, Ghana allowed a mediocre passing team enough time and space to set up their attack. At times they coulda had lunch while in possession before they decided what to do with the ball.

If cameroun is denied the ability to make comfortable passes or any attempt to build up, they lose shape and patience rather easily. Press the defenders and press the midfielders. once u recover the ball, make fast runs down the middle and the wings. They will panic.

To beat cameroun, you must overwhelm then in their half of the field. Make them react,not think. Ghana gave them way too much time on the ball for a mediocre possession team. Ghana wasted the best chance they'll ever get to win another AFCON .
What a generic analysis that might not even work for a boys scouts team. You seem to forget Cameroon has an impressive football history that cannot be over looked. Here is their B team with no name hungry guys keeping their rich tradition alive by using what they have to dispose of much favoured Senegal and Ghana.I read a lot of haters focus only on their power forgetting that there is a method to their approach that is well tested and they have the record to prove it Im sure every coach has a strategy to beat their opponent but I bet you its not as simplistic as your 2 cents .
ataka
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Nigeria is still underestimating Cameroon. Another thing that Cameroon coach has done is play their wingers in their opposite positions. Bassogog is left footed and plays in the right wing. Moukanjo is right footed and plays in the left wing. Heck, even Oyongo is right back playing as left back. That is why they have been killing defenders with those cut-ins when they cut inside. They are using their stronger legs against defenders weaker ones.
Like I said earlier, I would be worried more about Cameroons attack than defense if I were Nigeria.
Should Nkoudou of Tottenham join later, the team will only get stronger.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bamenda boy wrote:Nigeria is still underestimating Cameroon. Another thing that Cameroon coach has done is play their wingers in their opposite positions. Bassogog is left footed and plays in the right wing. Moukanjo is right footed and plays in the left wing. Heck, even Oyongo is right back playing as left back. That is why they have been killing defenders with those cut-ins when they cut inside. They are using their stronger legs against defenders weaker ones.
Like I said earlier, I would be worried more about Cameroons attack than defense if I were Nigeria.
Should Nkoudou of Tottenham join later, the team will only get stronger.

what as Nkoudou done at spurs? Abeg, gerrara. his with this caameroun nonsense. Don't they have forum?
OCCUPY NFF!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Nigeria advantage is attack, choose your poison is the case with us. If Mikel is fit, I won't loose sleep.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

The grand son of Cameroon legend Mbape Leppe, Mbape Killian of Monaco could be playing for Cameroon by August. He is currently wanted by arsenal.
He plays for Monaco.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bamenda boy wrote:The grand son of Cameroon legend Mbape Leppe, Mbape Killian of Monaco could be playing for Cameroon by August. He is currently wanted by arsenal.
He plays for Monaco.
Is he anything close to his Dad? His Dad was Cameroon's first major star in the late 1960s when Cameroon was barely noticeable as a continental soccer power.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

malamax wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:With Gyan unable to start, the BS strategy was doomed before kickoff. To beat this cameroun team, a 433 or 442 with emphasis on the high press was needed. Instead, Ghana allowed a mediocre passing team enough time and space to set up their attack. At times they coulda had lunch while in possession before they decided what to do with the ball.

What a generic analysis that might not even work for a boys scouts team. You seem to forget Cameroon has an impressive football history that cannot be over looked. Here is their B team with no name hungry guys keeping their rich tradition alive by using what they have to dispose of much favoured Senegal and Ghana.I read a lot of haters focus only on their power forgetting that there is a method to their approach that is well tested and they have the record to prove it Im sure every coach has a strategy to beat their opponent but I bet you its not as simplistic as your 2 cents .
Stop all this silly B team talk. This is their strongest team and only one of the 7 players that skipped AFCON was a starter. Most skipped because they were not likely to make the final cut of 23.

We are in the driver's seat. Cameroon may have to force the action against us. I almost can't wait till late August.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

How to beat Cameroon?
Simple: Score more goal than they do.
Bepanda
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Again, I guarantee that Nigeria will beat Cameroun in Uyo in August. The Amanaisong Uyo have so declared.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

okidoki wrote:Nigeria advantage is attack, choose your poison is the case with us. If Mikel is fit, I won't loose sleep.
Abege no carry that troling word "poison" try to, I mean, try to jinx our team. That word is exclusively for the bredas.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

bamenda boy wrote:The grand son of Cameroon legend Mbape Leppe, Mbape Killian of Monaco could be playing for Cameroon by August. He is currently wanted by arsenal.
He plays for Monaco.
Where una de get all dat kain name sef? Mbape Leppe. Wetin Mbape mean?
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

He plays for Monaco.
Where can we find anything on his play?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-unit ... erry-henry

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger caused a stir when he revealed he has been tracking 18-year-old Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe Lottin, and that the player rejected a move to the Emirates this summer. But the most notable thing Wenger said was in the comparison he made to Gunners legend Thierry Henry.

"It's true he has similar qualities," he told The Ligue 1 show. "He could be another Thierry Henry."

Wenger is well-placed to know, having given Henry his debut as a 17-year-old while the pair were at Monaco in 1994 before transforming the striker from an inconsistent winger into a goal-scoring machine when they were reunited at Arsenal.

Mbappe has scored three goals and laid on five assists in 14 Ligue 1 games for Monaco this season and has attracted the attention of Europe's top clubs. Henry just so happens to be one of his boyhood heroes, so how similar are they?

They have Paris roots

Both Henry and Mbappe might have burst to prominence at the opposite end of France, but their origins are to be found in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. While Henry was born in Les Ulis in the suburbs of the French capital, Mbappe came into the world in Paris itself, playing his first games at AS Bondy whom he joined aged six and where his father, Wilfried, was a coach.

They come from a sporting family

Henry's brother Wily played in goal for Les Ulis junior and senior teams, but now works on the Metro, while his father Antoine was a massive football fan and attended all the young Thierry's matches.

"I was so determined he should get the best chance I lost a job over it," he told the Guardian. "I missed the start of a shift as a security guard after driving Thierry to a game and was fired when I turned up two hours late."

Mbappe's father is not the only one to have passed on his sporting passion and genes. His mother is a former professional handball player, while his half-brother, Jires Kembo-Ekoko, attended the prestigious academy at Clairefontaine, played Ligue 1 football for Rennes and is now in Dubai.

The striker spent time at Clairefontaine himself but talked over the move to Monaco in 2013 with his family. "We had, as usual, taken time to think it over as a family," Kembo-Ekoko told France Football. "It just felt good with Monaco."

They both started early

Mbappe was thrown in at the deep end even earlier than Henry was, making his Ligue 1 debut aged 16 years and 11 months when he replaced Fabio Coentrao during Monaco's Ligue 1 game at home to Caen on Dec. 2, 2015.

"Kylian has great potential but still has a lot of work to do before reaching the top level," coach Leonardo Jardim warned, using the stick before producing the carrot.

"I have always thought that talent shouldn't wait a number of years."

With his goal against Troyes in February 2016, he erased Henry's name from the Monaco history books by becoming the club's youngest-ever top flight scorer at 17 years and 62 days.

Mbappe has a long way to go, but the early signs are strong.
They are both entertainers

Monaco have been Ligue 1's most exciting side this season, scoring a breathtaking 65 goals in 22 games so far -- 23 more than champions Paris Saint-Germain have managed in the same number of matches.

Though Mbappe has been in the shadow of Radamel Falcao, who has made a prodigious return to the Principality after his Premier League woes with Chelsea and Manchester United, the youngster has still managed three Ligue 1 goals in just six starts this season.

However, his directness and willingness to take on opponents means he lifts fans off their seats even when he is not hitting the back of the net -- something Henry wrote the book on.

"I would just advise him to keep the love he has for football," Kembo-Ekoko told France Football. "He's a player who puts on a show, who brings a smile to people's faces while also being effective. That's what football nowadays is lacking a little bit."

They are students of the game

Like Henry, whose passion for watching football has not been diminished by his retirement, Mbappe is an addict of the beautiful game.

"He's more than passionate, he's a madman," his father told France Football. "I work in the field, but he sometimes manages to make me sick of it as he's on about it 24/7. He watches everything. He has always wanted to copy his idols ... He can watch four or five games in a row."

The one place they may differ is over who the best player in the world is right now. Henry would pick his former Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi; Mbappe idolises Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

"He's really been his idol for several years now," his father revealed.

Ian is ESPN's French football correspondent. Twitter: @ian_holyman
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He plays for Monaco.
Ehn ehn, can you please provide us a strand of his hair? I'll leave the rest up to Kongi :evil: :mad:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Did Egypt try that? And how did it work?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bamenda boy wrote:Did Egypt try that? And how did it work?
Goat wey no fit follow instruction, abeg forward the follicles ASAP! :veryangry:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!