Paul Pogba, a Muslim!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Paul Pogba, a Muslim!!

Post by Dammy »

With a Christian first name, Paul, I never thought Pogba was a Muslim until I read the link below

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... a-10521701
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paul Pogba, a Muslim!!

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:With a Christian first name, Paul, I never thought Pogba was a Muslim until I read the link below

What's the exclamation mark about, bro? :???:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yea, the name paul isn't Muslim..Paul in ACTS of the apostles sef was a christian... but bobo nah from Guinea, so lots of Muslins are from Guinea
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:With a Christian first name, Paul, I never thought Pogba was a Muslim until I read the link below

I wonder o !
OCCUPY NFF!!
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:yea, the name paul isn't Muslim..Paul in ACTS of the apostles sef was a christian... but bobo nah from Guinea, so lots of Muslins are from Guinea

The name Paul has a meaning and version in most languages and religions.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Has Hank Anukulapo been informed?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Franck Ribery is a Muslim also....first name "Franck". First name Malcolm was also a Muslim :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Damunk wrote:

Exposure of religious prejudice, that's all!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...names in the medieval mid east are interchangeable. With both religion in that small space. Paul use to be Saul. Paul in Spanish is Paulo, Abraham, Ibrahim, Barrack, Barak, and so on and o forth.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mcal wrote:...names in the medieval mid east are interchangeable. With both religion in that small space. Paul use to be Saul. Paul in Spanish is Paulo, Abraham, Ibrahim, Barrack, Barak, and so on and o forth.
Correct ,I doubt it many asking would have thought of this but the Bible was set in Israel (Middle East) names like Paul,Daniel,James and John are not indigenous to that area and are indeed Latin in origin but modified to their English version,you can see it how you want to but nothing is what you think it is so if you are going nitpick on names do some research!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^But what about John (colloquially known as Jim to his mates), Timothy and James. Surely there must've been a Dean or Colin knocking about.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

CE likes to form too much. Who wouldn't be surprised that someone with Paul as first name is muslim? Prejudice or not, it's surprising. Or do you know another Paul that's muslim?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Coach wrote:Has Hank Anukulapo been informed?

Özil/Xhaka/Mahrez treatment coming soon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

anointed wrote:CE likes to form too much. Who wouldn't be surprised that someone with Paul as first name is muslim? Prejudice or not, it's surprising. Or do you know another Paul that's muslim?

But the name is more Latin/Roman first.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anointed wrote:CE likes to form too much. Who wouldn't be surprised that someone with Paul as first name is muslim? Prejudice or not, it's surprising. Or do you know another Paul that's muslim?

Yes. I know one. he's from Congo (Brazzaville). :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: And I know several Suleimans that are Christians...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Guv007 wrote:

But the name is more Latin/Roman first.
Point is how many Muslims give such names to their kids at birth? Even in Yoruba language, Muslims don't give names with Oluwa (Lord) as a prefix or suffix. Olorun (God) is very common.

Paul's twin elder brothers are Florentin & Matthias. I'm guessing their father, Fassou Antoine, was Catholic but wasn't exactly religious but got married to devoutly muslim wife, Yeo. I doubt if she was his first wife too. He came to France at 30 and 22 & 25 years later, Yeo gave birth to Florentin/Matthias and Paul respectively. That's considering that Antoine died at 79 and Paul who's 3 years younger than the twins was born in 1993, when Antoine was 55 years.

The boys were said to have been introduced to Islam by their mother while living with her in Paris...possibly they weren't living with their father though he was the one that taught then football basics.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Paul-Pogba-Muslim
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Yes. I know one. he's from Congo (Brazzaville). :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: And I know several Suleimans that are Christians...
Suleiman is an Arabic name. It means Solomon. It's a very popular name amongst christian Hausas like Hassan (Jacob), Dauda (Dauda), Ibrahim (Abraham), Yisa (Jesus) etc. Is there Paul in the Quran? It will explain while a Muslim is not likely to give Paul to his child at birth or a Christian who Christen their kids Mohammed are not common since there's no such individual in the Bible. An adult muslim Paul or christian Mohammed I believe must be converts.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

There is nothing in the Quran that says we should give our kids Muslim names only. My dad's name is Charles. I named my eldest son after him. I have Muslim friends who are named Peter, Paul and George In our subregion extended families can have both Christian and Muslim members. So it is just natural that names cross religions too.

BTW I wonder what religion Pascal Feindouno is? He was one heck of a baller.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:

Bro, i was surprised that a Muslim can have the name of the greatest Christian Apostle.
I am happy
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:There is nothing in the Quran that says we should give our kids Muslim names only. My dad's name is Charles. I named my eldest son after him. I have Muslim friends who are named Peter, Paul and George In our subregion extended families can have both Christian and Muslim members. So it is just natural that names cross religions too.

No one says it's in the Quran. It's just what we do in practice.

Charles is just an English name. BTW, it would be something if your grandfather, a Muslim and other muslim fathers without christian wives, gave names like Charles, Peter etc to their kids.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

anointed wrote:
YUJAM wrote:There is nothing in the Quran that says we should give our kids Muslim names only. My dad's name is Charles. I named my eldest son after him. I have Muslim friends who are named Peter, Paul and George In our subregion extended families can have both Christian and Muslim members. So it is just natural that names cross religions too.

No one says it's in the Quran. It's just what we do in practice.

Charles is just an English name. BTW, it would be something if your grandfather, a Muslim and other muslim fathers without christian wives, gave names like Charles, Peter etc to their kids.
That was exactly the case with my family even though I think there were some Christians who converted to Islam hundreds of years ago. BTW all my kids have Christian names. Times have changed bro. Many things aren't exactly what they seem to be
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anointed wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Suleiman is an Arabic name. It means Solomon. It's a very popular name amongst christian Hausas like Hassan (Jacob), Dauda (Dauda), Ibrahim (Abraham), Yisa (Jesus) etc. Is there Paul in the Quran? It will explain while a Muslim is not likely to give Paul to his child at birth or a Christian who Christen their kids Mohammed are not common since there's no such individual in the Bible. An adult muslim Paul or christian Mohammed I believe must be converts.
Ok...next time I born pikin, I go name am Anointed...as middle name. Oya, go stand in front of Mosque and block am from entering :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o