Why are Nigerians so confident that..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why are Nigerians so confident that..

Post by bamenda boy »

Cameroon go hia Wen in Uyo? Even Robbinoise had said it is written on the green grass.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why are Nigerians so confident that..

Post by Tbite »

Because we have a balanced team
Because we know that winning AFCON does not mean a side are now World Beaters
Because of Home advantage
Because our coach does his homework! If Cameroon is a strong side, that also means Rohr was picking apart their holes and there are many
Because we are one of the few teams in Africa never fazed by stature. It makes no difference to us how many titles you have won, we play you the same way
Because, our talent pool is getting stronger by the month, and we have a coach who knows how to build chemistry. We are not a side that will rely on negative football or scrappy plays
Because even if against Cameroon we struggle physically or however else, we have impact players who can turn the game around in a moment!
Because Cameroon if anything are more likely to lose now, perhaps before AFCON, they would have been more cautious, but now they will be overconfident and play into our hands, the same way Algeria did.
Because even if that was not incentive enough, the fact that Cameroon are chasing the game will have ensured that. Perhaps you guys would stand a chance if you could sit back and dictate things, but you can't! In open play, Nigeria stands a chance against 95% of football teams in the world.

You will fall in Uyo.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Are u not confident that the champions will win in uyo? Will Nigeria not hia when in uyo? Will the champions not be at the wc? What u worried about?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Maybe because a very useless Nigerian team coached by the coward Sunday Oliseh beat Cameroon in Belgium last year with all your Kung fu players available !
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Uyo is my hometown. We have already done the needful. I would have said you guys should not bother about the trip, but I would be robbing you of the pleasures of the city - the enchanting Le Meridien Hotel, the great cuisine and the world-famous "Calabar girls"! May I use this opportunity to inform you that Cameroon is guaranteed to lose in Uyo in August. Take it to the bank, and cash it.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Those among us with functioning brains are aware that:

1) Cameroon is Nigeria's bogey team. They have broken more Nigerian hearts than love and marriage.

2) Nigeria has won a grand total of 2 games in a row. Our next two games are against Cameroon (the other undefeated team in Nigeria's group).

3) If Nigeria loses those two games against Cameroon Nigeria will probably be in third place - trailing Cameroon by 2 points, trailing Algeria by 1 point, and staring down the barrel of elimination.
bamenda boy wrote:Cameroon go hia Wen in Uyo? Even Robbinoise had said it is written on the green grass.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

wiseone wrote:Those among us with functioning brains are aware that:

1) Cameroon is Nigeria's bogey team. They have broken more Nigerian hearts than love and marriage.

2) Nigeria has won a grand total of 2 games in a row. Our next two games are against Cameroon (the other undefeated team in Nigeria's group).

3) If Nigeria loses those two games against Cameroon Nigeria will probably be in third place - trailing Cameroon by 2 points, trailing Algeria by 1 point, and staring down the barrel of elimination.
bamenda boy wrote:Cameroon go hia Wen in Uyo? Even Robbinoise had said it is written on the green grass.
You will be the one that will loose not Nigeria
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Nigeria has won 5 games in a row.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

If a functioning brain is using false facts as its foundation, then there is something missing in that functioning brain. A brain could be functioning, but what level is it functioning on? 10%(Very Low IQ)? or more.

From the table below, we had their number until the 80s when we lost more than we won. Then from the 90s till date, we resumed our dominance. So please tell me where the 'bogeyness' came from?. And guess what happened to the few time they won the finals at our expense? Controversy was the order of the day.

Facts can really be your friend if you seek for it.
Games won: 10
Games drawn: 6
Games lost: 4
Date Match Result Score Competition
26 Apr 1960 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 International Friendly
08 Dec 1962 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-1 Nkrumah Cup
15 Apr 1963 Cameroon v Nigeria W 1-3 International Friendly

31 Aug 1967 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 International Friendly
07 Dec 1968 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 FIFA World Cup
22 Dec 1968 Cameroon v Nigeria W 2-3 FIFA World Cup
22 Jan 1975 Nigeria v Cameroon W 1-0 International Friendly

17 Jul 1978 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 African Games
02 Feb 1980 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 International Friendly
18 Mar 1984 Cameroon v Nigeria L 3-1 Africa Cup of Nations
17 Mar 1988 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 Africa Cup of Nations
27 Mar 1988 Cameroon v Nigeria L 1-0 Africa Cup of Nations
10 Jun 1989 Nigeria v Cameroon W 2-0 FIFA World Cup
27 Aug 1989 Cameroon v Nigeria L 1-0 FIFA World Cup
25 Jan 1992 Nigeria v Cameroon W 2-1 Africa Cup of Nations
07 Aug 1997 Nigeria v Cameroon W 1-0 CUP Leg 97

13 Feb 2000 Nigeria v Cameroon L 2-2 Africa Cup of Nations
01 Jun 2003 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-0 LG Cup
08 Feb 2004 Cameroon v Nigeria W 1-2 Africa Cup of Nations
11 Oct 2015 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-0 International Friendly
http://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab/ ... /Cameroon/
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I would have ignored your opinion (which I classify as silly talk) if you did not go ahead to insult most of the forum.
Cameroon has beaten Nigeria fair and square, exactly 2 times in history.

The first time was an extremely young National team that overachieved in 1984. Even with that team, Peter Rufai got injured in the Semi victory over Egypt, and a much less capable Patrick Okala was in goal for the final.

The 2nd time was the final match of the round robin group in the qualifiers for Italia 90. A much more stable team had beaten Cameroon 2-0 in Ibadan, & then there were all sorts of withdrawals from the team that went to Cameroon (we tied some matches away, I think to Angola & now needed a draw in Cameroon). We lost 1-0 without the likes of Keshi & Rufai. (I think Agu or Obi was in goal).

The 2 other Cameroon victories have been brazen robberies. A clear goal called back & a shady penalty awarded in '88, and the Ikpeba penalty in 2000.

Since you have a well functioning brain, I dare you to put your money on Cameroon picking the ticket ahead of us in the group.
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

So Nigeria played Cameroon on December 22 1968?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Hubris. A fine quality. Often possessed by c--ts who perish from it." - Doctore (Spartacus)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:"Hubris. A fine quality. Often possessed by c--ts who perish from it." - Doctore (Spartacus)
W1 what is wrong with placed confidence in our team? Would being afraid change anything? The worst that could happen is we lose. Being afraid or confident will not change that.

We are confident in our team and they are confident in theirs. The battle will be played out on the green grass. If our team have some reservations about the upcoming games, I can assure you so will Cameroon. They know we are not coming with school boys and if they snooze then they will lose.

All the pressure is on them. Don't think because they just won the cup means they can't dip in form. In fact it is more likely to happen.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

wiseone wrote:"Hubris. A fine quality. Often possessed by c--ts who perish from it." - Doctore (Spartacus)
wiseone, what you said was the truth but you got attacked :( I have the feeling you´ll be saying in August "I told you so" :)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nothing wrong with confidence.

Arrogance/under-estimating an opponent is the doorstep to the house called failure (previous addresses: Denmark 1998, AFCON final 2000, Senegal 2002, Uganda, 2005, Egypt 2016 etc etc.).
pajimoh wrote: W1 what is wrong with placed confidence in our team? Would being afraid change anything? The worst that could happen is we lose. Being afraid or confident will not change that.

We are confident in our team and they are confident in theirs. The battle will be played out on the green grass. If our team have some reservations about the upcoming games, I can assure you so will Cameroon. They know we are not coming with school boys and if they snooze then they will lose.

All the pressure is on them. Don't think because they just won the cup means they can't dip in form. In fact it is more likely to happen.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Tbite wrote:Because we have a balanced team
Because we know that winning AFCON does not mean a side are now World Beaters
Because of Home advantage
Because our coach does his homework! If Cameroon is a strong side, that also means Rohr was picking apart their holes and there are many
Because we are one of the few teams in Africa never fazed by stature. It makes no difference to us how many titles you have won, we play you the same way
Because, our talent pool is getting stronger by the month, and we have a coach who knows how to build chemistry. We are not a side that will rely on negative football or scrappy plays
Because even if against Cameroon we struggle physically or however else, we have impact players who can turn the game around in a moment!
Because Cameroon if anything are more likely to lose now, perhaps before AFCON, they would have been more cautious, but now they will be overconfident and play into our hands, the same way Algeria did.
Because even if that was not incentive enough, the fact that Cameroon are chasing the game will have ensured that. Perhaps you guys would stand a chance if you could sit back and dictate things, but you can't! In open play, Nigeria stands a chance against 95% of football teams in the world.

You will fall in Uyo.
Poor tbite, I hope you dont have a heartattack come August :( There´ll be crying and gnashing of teeth.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:Nothing wrong with confidence.

Arrogance/under-estimating an opponent is the doorstep to the house called failure (previous addresses: Denmark 1998, AFCON final 2000, Senegal 2002, Uganda, 2005, Egypt 2016 etc etc.).
pajimoh wrote: W1 what is wrong with placed confidence in our team? Would being afraid change anything? The worst that could happen is we lose. Being afraid or confident will not change that.

You forget one key thing, we are not the ones playing. Regardless of our emotions, overconfidence or not, it is down to the players and handlers. We can be as humble as pie and they can still mess up and we can be as proud as peacocks and they can still win
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Actually bamedele , youve been the one losing sleep about Cameroon v Nigeria...haba go and enjoy your 5th title...every thread from you is about how people are so this and that..spare us the spamming abeg
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wiseone wrote:Nothing wrong with confidence.

Overestimating your opponent while bringing down your team is a sure sign of deeper issues...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The Goddess wrote:
wiseone, what you said was the truth but you got attacked :( I have the feeling you´ll be saying in August "I told you so" :)
He attached the forum by alluding to functioning brains.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

I'm ready to bet $1000 that Nigeria will beat Cameroon home and away, any Cameroonian here that has the heart to take me up on that bet can be my guest...and I'm damn serious.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Goddess if you are so confident put some money down. 500 dollars I will give if Cameroon qualifies. If Naija qualifies you give me 500. Simple.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Chimex101 wrote:I'm ready to bet $1000 that Nigeria will beat Cameroon home and away, any Cameroonian here that has the heart to take me up on that bet can be my guest...and I'm damn serious.

LOL don't bother most of them are broke anyways. They are running scared that's why they are opening threads left and right.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.