On El-Hadary....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
On El-Hadary....

Post by Enugu II »

May be it is just me but El Hadary's reflexes are those of an old old man. Never mind the media hype.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: On El-Hadary....

Post by smartbrother »

does this observation warrant a whole new thread?
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

He doesnt dive, but his positioning had saved him before now.. He could have dived to Save the second cameroonian goal..
afc##
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chuks69 wrote:He doesnt dive, but his positioning had saved him before now.. He could have dived to Save the second cameroonian goal..
IMHO, he is overhyped because of the fact that he is quite old and a record setter. I believe he was being propped up by the media for top GK of the tournament which is a shock on its own. I can see why he was not the No.1 goalkeeper for Egypt and I expect him to go into retirement right away as I really do not see what he brings into the Egyptian NT except perhaps in the locker room.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

El-Hadary is a freak of nature. To play in goal in his mid-40s, in a position where he has to continually jump, dive, and land on his hips, elbows, knees, and ribs is no mean feat. All the more remarkable when one considers that he made his international debut in 1996! :shock: For comparison, Roberto Baggio, George Weah, and Yekini were still playing back then.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:El-Hadary is a freak of nature. To play in goal in his mid-40s, in a position where he has to continually jump, dive, and land on his hips, elbows, knees, and ribs is no mean feat. All the more remarkable when one considers that he made his international debut in 1996! :shock: For comparison, Roberto Baggio, George Weah, and Yekini were still playing back then.
Rufai was probably 'older' lol when he played in 1998... :sneaky:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:El-Hadary is a freak of nature. To play in goal in his mid-40s, in a position where he has to continually jump, dive, and land on his hips, elbows, knees, and ribs is no mean feat. All the more remarkable when one considers that he made his international debut in 1996! :shock: For comparison, Roberto Baggio, George Weah, and Yekini were still playing back then.
what of Dino Zoff,and that Russian GK from way way back - Yashin or so
I'm sure Nkono and Bell played in the 40's

El Hadary made some good PK saves too

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

TFCO, I think modern football is a lot more taxing on the body and faster than the game of yesteryear. The game is so much quicker, players more athletic, and exposed to more wear and tear (even GKs). To think that European champions from yesteryear used to go for booze-ups until 5am the day before a big game to steady their nerves. Any team that did that in today's game would not survive in the Championship, let alone win the Champions League.