Nigeria v Senegal, March 23rd, London.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria v Senegal, March 23rd, London.

Post by Damunk »

walesvilla wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nigerians iin London will not pay to see the game. I'll be surprised in they get 2000 paid tickets.
i wonder where in world nigerians will pay for an event that is not packaged and marketed properly through right media and channel. .not all are die hard super eagles fan like you.
Thank you. Great point.
need to see the aggressive and marketing skills basketmouth comedian is putting into promoting his london 10,000 seated show..sure he will almost sell out
Abi o. That 'Mama Charlie' advert is nuts. The number of people I've given the link just for the humour alone should sell him a whole bunch of tickets.
ood marketing and promotions London nigerians will buy . for starters am ready to buy ticket .where should i go .for a proposed games in 6weeks with no venue sorted yet... how can promotion start?.
Nothing to add. They don't want to invest the resources in promotion.

And just for the heck of it, here's the 2017 Basketmouth TV ad that's got everyone talking:

[/video]

It wasn't done for free but will definitely pay off.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Dammy wrote:Nigeria v Ghana in London in March as well.
I heard Nigeria v Ivory Coast o. In London. Which one is true?
yes o
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

papilo wrote:
According to Africanfootball.com Nigeria also wanted to play Burkina Faso

http://africanfootball.com/news/688265/ ... -in-London
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

papilo wrote:

Ivory Coast is playing Russia and Senegal.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Any top African team, including Morocco, will do :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Any top African team, including Morocco, will do :!:

Cheers.
According to some media, Morocco is scheduled to play Burkina Faso and I believe it is in the continent which will preclude any of them playing that week in Europe according to FIFA rules. Hopefully, the Ghana game comes through or there is another opponent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Enugu II wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Any top African team, including Morocco, will do :!:

Cheers.
According to some media, Morocco is scheduled to play Burkina Faso and I believe it is in the continent which will preclude any of them playing that week in Europe according to FIFA rules. Hopefully, the Ghana game comes through or there is another opponent.
By God's Grace we will play Ghana (thanks to NFF) :D
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

I used to have a season ticket at Barnet FC but this could work for both teams...

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22183
Nigerian Federation In Talks With Barnet FC Over Hosting Of Friendly Against Senegal

According to information gathered by allnigeriasoccer.com, the Nigeria Football Federation are in talks with EFL League Two club Barnet F.C over the hosting of the international friendly between the Super Eagles and fellow African powerhouse Senegal next month.

Nothing has been cast in stone yet, but barring any last minute changes the two West African teams will square off at the Hive Stadium, home ground of The Bees, on March 23, 2017.

The Hive Stadium has an official capacity of 5,176 and was opened in July 2013

Nigeria’s other friendly against Burkina Faso is also scheduled to take place at the Hive Stadium, four days after the warm-up game with Senegal.

Four players of Nigerian descent John Akinde, Simeon Akinola, Justin Amaluzor and Fumnaya Shomotun play for the first team of Barnet.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

kenmega wrote:I used to have a season ticket at Barnet FC but this could work for both teams...

Nigerian Federation In Talks With Barnet FC Over Hosting Of Friendly Against Senegal

According to information gathered by allnigeriasoccer.com, the Nigeria Football Federation are in talks with EFL League Two club Barnet F.C over the hosting of the international friendly between the Super Eagles and fellow African powerhouse Senegal next month.

Nothing has been cast in stone yet, but barring any last minute changes the two West African teams will square off at the Hive Stadium, home ground of The Bees, on March 23, 2017.

Nigeria’s other friendly against Burkina Faso is also scheduled to take place at the Hive Stadium, four days after the warm-up game with Senegal.

Four players of Nigerian descent John Akinde, Simeon Akinola, Justin Amaluzor and Fumnaya Shomotun play for the first team of Barnet.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
With less than a month to go 'nothing has been cast in stone'?
Our NFF is a bunch of clowns.
They had enough time to get the organization done.
I just hope we we will see these 2 friendlies.
We have a good team but that needs to get in shape for the Cameroon encounters.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

DAgrin wrote:
kenmega wrote:I used to have a season ticket at Barnet FC but this could work for both teams...

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
With less than a month to go 'nothing has been cast in stone'?
Our NFF is a bunch of clowns.
They had enough time to get the organization done.
I just hope we we will see these 2 friendlies.
We have a good team but that needs to get in shape for the Cameroon encounters.
Spoke to the people at Barnet Fc and they are waiting for a response from NFF....
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

papilo wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Probably be Craven Cottage like the last several friendlies.
or it could be Millwall - personally as its 2 Africans teams i would prefer a smaller stadium that can easily sell out.with good football atmosphere not more than 15-20k capacity.
Not much difference between Millwall's ground and Craven Cottage in terms of capacity. I get your point though and I agree. Barnet's ground has a capacity of just over 5000 and it was built not too long ago. I don't know who is organizing the game but
the training ground is also in the complex which is good for logistics and saves money.
Looks like the organizers listened to me. They are probably members of this forum.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39103940
yes o
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

papilo wrote:
papilo wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
or it could be Millwall - personally as its 2 Africans teams i would prefer a smaller stadium that can easily sell out.with good football atmosphere not more than 15-20k capacity.
Not much difference between Millwall's ground and Craven Cottage in terms of capacity. I get your point though and I agree. Barnet's ground has a capacity of just over 5000 and it was built not too long ago. I don't know who is organizing the game but
the training ground is also in the complex which is good for logistics and saves money.
Looks like the organizers listened to me. They are probably members of this forum.

am sure they are part of this forum. Barnet is decent enough to host games - considering cost and nff pocket. Better start publicity and marketing then.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

So when will we be expecting the team list?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

never hold your breaths for UK CEs.. they prefer to sit in their homes and come up with excuses
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
They are arranging to play an international match in a 5000 capacity stadium ? why don't they play in the park? If Pastor Ashimolowo can attract 30000 people to church than our own NFF should be able to attract the same number for a football event.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Flex Swift wrote:

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
They are arranging to play an international match in a 5000 capacity stadium ? why don't they play in the park? If Pastor Ashimolowo can attract 30000 people to church than our own NFF should be able to attract the same number for a football event.

You behind your computer, have you gone to any Nigeria match in the past 10 years? :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
[/video]

It wasn't done for free but will definitely pay off.
LOL @ mama charley
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

metalalloy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

You behind your computer, have you gone to any Nigeria match in the past 10 years? :D
I have every single game except the Brentford massacre and the 9ja vs Scotland match before the last World Cup in protest of the team selection by the late coach. I have put the guys On notice for the upcoming games without confirmation of the venue how crap it that.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

papilo wrote:
papilo wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

I sent your message to the Barnet FC chairman 8-)
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

walesvilla wrote:
papilo wrote:
papilo wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

am sure they are part of this forum. Barnet is decent enough to host games - considering cost and nff pocket. Better start publicity and marketing then.
I agree...I visited Barnet FC's new stadium recently and the facilities are pretty decent to host 5000 supporters and this should be good for everyone. I will be there and hoping to meet Kelechi from Arsenal Fan TV....
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I went on Barnet FC website no information on ticket sales..... so what we turn up on the day and purchase at the gate? Why are we always different????
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Bigpokey24 wrote:never hold your breaths for UK CEs.. they prefer to sit in their homes and come up with excuses
I have to agree with you there, no one needs to talk to me about marketing when the Super Eagles are in town

I still remember the World Cup in Johannesburg when my Nigerian green flag and jersey was drowned by a sea of Albiceleste blue jersey and songs

I doubt these guys were waiting for the right package deal before finding their way to Joburg and turning Ellis Park into Stadio Monumental

Even the CHAN in Cape Town, we were outnumbered except for one game against Ghana

Having said all these, the organisers themselves need to come correct and give people the correct information, how hard is that?
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Flex Swift wrote:I went on Barnet FC website no information on ticket sales..... so what we turn up on the day and purchase at the gate? Why are we always different????
Patience bros. I don't even think the games have been confirmed by the nff and there are probably last minute details to sought out with other parties e.g. the police before the game is officially announced on the Barnet website.
yes o