Kante vs Mikel--I think Mikel is in trouble if Kante arrives

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oglex30
Egg
Egg
Kante vs Mikel--I think Mikel is in trouble if Kante arrives

Post by oglex30 »

Report: Chelsea aims to seal $40 million Kante deal by weekend

N'Golo Kante is poised to complete a $38-40 million move to Chelsea.

The Leicester City man was considered by some to be the most outstanding player on the Premier League title winners, a relentless box-to-box midfielder who does the same job for France.

His skill and age made him transfer rumor fodder for clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City, and Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri recently asked Kante to make up his mind as the Foxes prepare a title defense and European campaign.

[ MORE: Ibe reacts to Bournemouth move ]

Now The Telegraph claims that Chelsea will try to seal the deal by this weekend, with Ranieri sympathetic to the offer:

Kante, who is expected to sign a five-year Stamford Bridge contract, has been earmarked to provide much-needed energy in Chelsea’s midfield and is seen as a key part of new head coach Antonio Conte’s rebuilding programme.

Chelsea suffered problems in the middle of the park last season, with Nemanja Matic particularly struggling for form, and 25-year-old Kante should solve that issue and give the side better balance.

How would Leicester deal with such a blow to their Starting XI?

France Football claims that Leicester would leap into discussions with Axel Witsel to try and rival the Toffees’ offer to bring the Belgian to Liverpool..

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/07/15/ ... article%5D
Last edited by oglex30 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Kante vs Mikel--I think Mikel is in trouble if Kante arr

Post by kalani JR »

He isn;t.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

We have heard stories about Mikel being in trouble at the start of every season. Let's see how this unfolds.......
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Not this ish again.. don't you losers ever get tired? 10 freaking years..Mikel is 29...my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The article itself mentioned Matic struggling for form last year, but you ignored that and chose to focus on Mikel. Smh anyway, Mikel go soon leave club for una. Abi he is the one preventing Chelsea from winning...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

metalalloy wrote:The article itself mentioned Matic struggling for form last year, but you ignored that and chose to focus on Mikel. Smh anyway, Mikel go soon leave club for una. Abi he is the one preventing Chelsea from winning...
Matic is asking for transfer to Liverpool if Kante arrive
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Mikel is going to China

You heard it first on CE (not CNN)
Last edited by Rawlings on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Matic is the one that will be leaving. Kante will play the box to box midfielder for Conte. If Mikel's fitness is up to it, He'll be the one in the deep midfielder/ DM role
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

We don hear this one tire...................Mikel babalawo too strong.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Matic is the one to fear. But I think Chelsea should keep him too. Mikel has outlived several players and coaches because he is a disciplined player. Conte is the Godfather.

Mikel is "Mikel".
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Not this ish again.. don't you losers ever get tired? 10 freaking years..Mikel is 29...my goodness
You must insult. You can't respect other people's opinion but you want others to respect yours in an open forum.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oglex30 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Not this ish again.. don't you losers ever get tired? 10 freaking years..Mikel is 29...my goodness
You must insult. You can't respect other people's opinion but you want others to respect yours in an open forum.
Show Mikel some respect for goodness sake...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Anyone who says another bad word about Mikel, Thunder go fire am. 10 years at Chelsea practically a different coach each year and he still there. If he wants to go to China he has earned it. No disappointments there. People saying he did not live up to his hype need to chill: hype is Ghana man like Super Mario who no one wants.
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

Sad thing is I've been expecting someone to say the "Mikel in trouble" line again with this Kante news.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Mikel might not survive this one, Kante will easily displace him...good thing he has won everything that is needed to be won with Chelsea, time to head to the good old silk nation of China buddy.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Conte plays a fast moving game. Mikel is not suited for his style of play.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kali wrote:Conte plays a fast moving game. Mikel is not suited for his style of play.
Who in the Chelsea team plays faster and crispier passes than Mikel?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

balo wrote:
kali wrote:Conte plays a fast moving game. Mikel is not suited for his style of play.
Who in the Chelsea team plays faster and crispier passes than Mikel?
No one.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Mikel has an uncanny and "ambitionless" ability to remain subservient. I reckon he'll be fine.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

To be honest Bigpokey is right to insult people.

How can somebody who proves people on this forum more times than they are ever right, still be subject to this?

Kaii don't you people ever learn? Una never tire? Such thread should be banned from now on. Mikel in trouble, Mikel in trouble. for 10 years?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

Mikel has been substandard for a long time. The only thing that saves him is that he doesn't take any risks. He isn't good enough to clean Kante's boots so stop all the mock indignation. Mikel himself knows he's not in Chelsea's plans that's why he's gone to play with his mates at U23 in Rio instead of focusing on preseason with Chelsea.

As usual you guys are the last to know :blushing:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...but Kante goes forward and scores, Obi sits back and defend, never score. So how is he in trouble?
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

mcal wrote:...but Kante goes forward and scores, Obi sits back and defend, never score. So how is he in trouble?
Yet Kante has more won tackles than Obi this season. I could be wrong but I think scoring could be an important skill in football...