Any update on Taiwo Awoniyi?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Any update on Taiwo Awoniyi?

Post by ohenhen1 »

Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Igugu wrote:When is Nigeria going to start developing her 1st Division League or NPL to world standard? In my opinion, all football clubs should be give autonomy; and possibly grants/loans to develop to acceptable standard in 5 Years, or otherwise merge with other clubs. Nigeria must set up a standard for them to meet. The clubs must have their own stadia in their own home city. If countries like Columbia, Chile, Peru, Bulgaria and even countries in the Asiatic Region, namely Vietnam, etc; can have leagues that Nigerians flock to, it is about time Nigeria started providing a ground where Nigerian players can ply their football trades and be happy doing so in.
You are onto something there.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
These are not novel ideas (and clubs do not need to own stadia, which they can lease)...
There are already anywhere from 5-10 NPFL clubs reportedly preparing for NASD OTC listing.

However, so long as the Naira is approximately 500 to a dollar...
Many (if not most) players will rather play in Albania than in Aba!
It is better for clubs to own their own stadiums. They will control most of the revenue streams from the stadium. Less government involvement in running football clubs in Nigeria, the better.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is better for clubs to own their own stadiums. They will control most of the revenue streams from the stadium. Less government involvement in running football clubs in Nigeria, the better.
Apart from the reality that stadiums are not built overnight (except perhaps in CE), it's not one size fits all...
Many NFL teams operated from municipal stadiums before they built theirs - and even then public financing runs into billions.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bushboy, Awoniyi scored for the 3rd successive game yesterday. I hope you are happy for him. :thumbs: :thumbs:
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Bushboy, Awoniyi scored for the 3rd successive game yesterday. I hope you are happy for him. :thumbs: :thumbs:
:source:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Taiwo Awoniyi's failure up till now at pro level remains a headscratcher. He promised so much.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Three goals in back to back games shows he has turned a corner. He is a natural finisher, just needs to get more airtime and a coach who instills confidence in him.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

[/video]
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

[/video]

[/video]
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Robotnik wrote:[/video]

[/video]
What a way to shut haters up....... Before it was Success this Success that! now we don see wet in Success fit do in the EPL another only one goal so far!!! The way person dey carry on I bein think say Na hattrick every game dey bobo go score :blush: :blush: :blush:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Must be a difficult time for bushboy
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Excellent to see this glorious talent is flourishing! 3 goals at the end of the season with nothing left to play for in the Dutch league! Very exciting! Hopefully he lands at Manchester United to supplant Zlatan based on these exploits! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bushboy wrote:Is he banging in goals for fun in the Dutch league? It has been a while since I heard news of his exploits. Surely he is starting to show his quality?
Any update on this glorious talent will be appreciated. Thanks!
bushboy wrote:Excellent to see this glorious talent is flourishing! 3 goals at the end of the season with nothing left to play for in the Dutch league! Very exciting! Hopefully he lands at Manchester United to supplant Zlatan based on these exploits! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Textbook hating.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bushboy wrote:Excellent to see this glorious talent is flourishing! 3 goals at the end of the season with nothing left to play for in the Dutch league! Very exciting! Hopefully he lands at Manchester United to supplant Zlatan based on these exploits! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Yes o, a new coach and formation that plays to his strengths has done wonders. I hope the same happens to Success next season. His club are involved in the play-offs, so there is something to play for.
I am happy
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

He should thank his stars they changed coaches that old coach would have killed his career before it started
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Taiwo is back! :clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Re: Any update on Taiwo Awoniyi?http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/0
The form of on loan Liverpool forward Taiwo Awoniyi has earned him praises from the coach of his loan side NEC Nijmegen, where he has found the back onf the net in a row in their last three games ‎.

It took a while for the 19 year old forward to get going in the Dutch League after joining NEC Nijmegen on a season long loan deal from Liverpool in the summer.

However he has picked up his form when it matters most for the Dutch side who are struggling to stay in the top division in the Netherlands via the play-offs.

Caretaker coach of the Dutch outfit Ron de Groot praised the forward as the best teen forward in Holland at the moment after the forward netted the third goal for his team in their 3-1 win over FC Emmen.

” He (Awoniyi) has a way of coming alive in the box, ahead of defenders who are supposed to keep an eye on him. He is to me the best teen striker in Holland based on current form. His quality has never been in doubt”, he said.

” Liverpool won’t sign Awoniyi if he isn’t one for the future. It has always been in him to score goals, so what we are seeing now, it’s just the manifestation of his true quality “.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Like Costa, he is not a flair player but he sure knows how to stick the ball in the onion basket. The power he got on the header in the 3rd goal, and his movement in and around the 6 yard box shows he will turn out to be a WC striker.... He is a pure no.9. Happy he has finally turned the corner. :thumb:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Extremely happy for Niyi, humble guy...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by Dammy »

okidoki wrote:Re: Any update on Taiwo Awoniyi?http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/0
The form of on loan Liverpool forward Taiwo Awoniyi has earned him praises from the coach of his loan side NEC Nijmegen, where he has found the back onf the net in a row in their last three games ‎.

It took a while for the 19 year old forward to get going in the Dutch League after joining NEC Nijmegen on a season long loan deal from Liverpool in the summer.

However he has picked up his form when it matters most for the Dutch side who are struggling to stay in the top division in the Netherlands via the play-offs.

Caretaker coach of the Dutch outfit Ron de Groot praised the forward as the best teen forward in Holland at the moment after the forward netted the third goal for his team in their 3-1 win over FC Emmen.

” He (Awoniyi) has a way of coming alive in the box, ahead of defenders who are supposed to keep an eye on him. He is to me the best teen striker in Holland based on current form. His quality has never been in doubt”, he said.

” Liverpool won’t sign Awoniyi if he isn’t one for the future. It has always been in him to score goals, so what we are seeing now, it’s just the manifestation of his true quality “.
This is sweet music to bushboy's ears :lol:
I am happy
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Taiwo has come up the right way. I am glad his growing pains in Germany and Holland are now bearing fruit. I've always believed he was going to come good.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Mr Shows wrote:Like Costa, he is not a flair player but he sure knows how to stick the ball in the onion basket. The power he got on the header in the 3rd goal, and his movement in and around the 6 yard box shows he will turn out to be a WC striker.... He is a pure no.9. Happy he has finally turned the corner. :thumb:
You know your football. It is the movement that sets Awoniyi apart & can make him extremely deadly if a team even just plays a little to his strengths. He has all the tools of a top 9 & when his confidence is high, he has some flair as well (Yujam & the rest of us saw him show the rest of the Afrcan U-20s pepper in Dakar). This was another game were the movement and poise of Awoniyi in front of goal was all the difference for Nigeria. On the 1st goal, he moved away from the 1st central defender, & then the 2nd CD & still got in on the cross to score with 1 touch.
[/video]

That is why the opener of this thread deserves to be mostly ignored. I won't hate on any Nigerian player, but how can anyone see Success Ajayi's game & think it will transition to the senior level better than Awoniyi's. Hopefully Success turns things (and his game) around, because his game thus far is designed for blowing past smaller U-17 players & can work a bit at the senior level in Spain where you have more space and time on the ball.

The next 12 months will be very interesting. I had always insisted that Ideye was our best point man, but with Victor Osimhen, Tammy Abraham & Taiwo Awoniyi, we may just have unbelievable depth upfront, & finally allow Nacho slot into in more natural support striker role.

Let's just take care of business against Cameroun. God sparing our lives and granting us good health, Russia will be sweet.
Last edited by truetalk on Sat May 20, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

truetalk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Like Costa, he is not a flair player but he sure knows how to stick the ball in the onion basket. The power he got on the header in the 3rd goal, and his movement in and around the 6 yard box shows he will turn out to be a WC striker.... He is a pure no.9. Happy he has finally turned the corner. :thumb:
You know your football. It is the movement that sets Awoniyi apart & can make him extremely deadly if a team even just plays a little to his strengths. He has all the tools of a top 9 & when his confidence is high, he has some flair as well (Yujam & the rest of us saw him show the rest of the Afrcan U-20s pepper in Dakar). This was another game were the movement and poise of Awoniyi in front of goal was all the difference for Nigeria. On the 1st goal, he moved away from the 1st central defender, & the the 2nd CD & still got in on the cross to score with 1 touch.
[/video]

That is why the opener of this thread deserves to be mostly ignored. I won't hate on any Nigerian player, but how can anyone see Success Ajayi's game & think it will transition to the senior level better than Awoniyi's. Hopefully Success turns things (and his game) around, because his game thus far is designed for blowing past smaller U-17 players & can work a bit at the senior level in Spain where you have more space and time on the ball.

The next 12 months will be very interesting. I had always insisted that Ideye was our best point man, but with Victor Osimhen, Tammy Abraham & Taiwo Awoniyi, we may just have unbelievable depth upfront, & finally allow Nacho slot into in more natural support striker role.

Let's just take care of business against Cameroun. God sparing our lives and granting us good health, Russia will be sweet.

Amen
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

You can't hold a good guy down for long. As long as Taiwo keeps working hard, no amount of hating will stop him.