Any update on Taiwo Awoniyi?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Any update on Taiwo Awoniyi?

Post by bushboy »

3 goals in an entire season in the Dutch league is definitely the way to announce your arrival on the word stage! I expect the best teams in the world to have taken notice. Undoubtedly, he will be playing at Liverpool next season abi? I am excited!!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bushboy wrote:3 goals in an entire season in the Dutch league is definitely the way to announce your arrival on the word stage! I expect the best teams in the world to have taken notice. Undoubtedly, he will be playing at Liverpool next season abi? I am excited!!!
Yes it is for a young player. And it is a recent run of form. He will get there (I'm sure you agree don't you?)
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Defiant to the bitter end, eh? :laugh: :laugh:
You still haven't learnt much, have you? :laugh: :laugh:
bushboy wrote:3 goals in an entire season in the Dutch league is definitely the way to announce your arrival on the word stage! I expect the best teams in the world to have taken notice. Undoubtedly, he will be playing at Liverpool next season abi? I am excited!!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Shhh.
You may ruffle the feathers of Bushboy and his ilk...

Seriously, for a kid who is still 19, I think he is transitioning well and learning the right way to becoming a good box striker. His Dutch coach mentioned in an interview that he would compare him to a young Ruud Van Nisteroy (which is a good compliment).
truetalk wrote: That is why the opener of this thread deserves to be mostly ignored. I won't hate on any Nigerian player, but how can anyone see Success Ajayi's game & think it will transition to the senior level better than Awoniyi's. Hopefully Success turns things (and his game) around, because his game thus far is designed for blowing past smaller U-17 players & can work a bit at the senior level in Spain where you have more space and time on the ball.

The next 12 months will be very interesting. I had always insisted that Ideye was our best point man, but with Victor Osimhen, Tammy Abraham & Taiwo Awoniyi, we may just have unbelievable depth upfront, & finally allow Nacho slot into in more natural support striker role.

Let's just take care of business against Cameroun. God sparing our lives and granting us good health, Russia will be sweet.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Taiwo should consider Harry Kane as someone to look to for encouragement. No one would have believed in Harry at age 19!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cristao II wrote:Taiwo should consider Harry Kane as someone to look to for encouragement. No one would have believed in Harry at age 19!!
And he is already better than Kane was @ 19.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Awoniyi continued his delightful goalscoring streak by netting a third goal in as many games to help NEC Nijmegen to a crucial 3-1 relegation playoff first-leg win over FC Emmen.

Incredibly, the Nigerian came off the bench to score for the third game running, netting his side’s third goal with a finish of such class that it leaves you wondering how he went eight months without a scoring.

After collecting a loose ball on the edge of the box, Awoniyi produced some dazzling footwork to skip inside and create an angle to shoot, sending a classy curling finish into the far corner.

Awoniyi’s hot streak came to a disappointing end on Sunday, however, with the Nigerian frustratingly an unused sub in his side’s 1-0 second-leg win—a result which edges NEC closer to Eredivisie survival.

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
Back to the bench? The coach must be racist!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bushboy wrote:^^^
Kai, so the bench wey Success dey chop na racism cause am o! :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:
Kai, so the bench wey Success dey chop na racism cause am o! :rotf: :rotf:

kai...Bushboy's bad belle na wa...alternating diarrhea and constipation.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

This was a home and away tie which they pretty much had locked down after the first leg match which Taiwo played in. I suspect they may have been resting him for the next round of the playoffs which determines if they are relegated or stay in the first division.

I would suggest you hold of on any comments until the last 2 playoff matches are completed on Thursday and Sunday of this week

I am hoping his team and Kelechi Nwakali's teams both win their playoff matches to stay in the first division so that they are guaranteed top flight soccer if Liverpool and Arsenal decide to keep them loaned out next season