Bayern 5 - 1 Arsenal (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bayern 5 - 1 Arsenal (FT)

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
smallpikin wrote:Is there anybody here who thinks Wenger is in the same class as Conte, Guardiola, Klopp, Pochetino or even that chap managing Everton?
There is no reason for his contract to be renewed. It's time for Arsene to go.
This is absolutely ridiculous! What have they won? Have they even finished above Wenger in the League? Even Klopp? I think the disrespect Wenger is getting is absolutely ridiculous!

I hear you, but bia, who is signing all those average players and touting them to be all that, just because they can make top 4 in the kung-fu league?

It is wenger signing them and frankly, it is his fault. But my problem is the insult he is getting from your fans and being compared to coaches who are flavors of the month.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bayern 1 - 1 Arsenal (2H)

Post by danfo driver »

amafolas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Mustafa is so so stupid.
But Al waffledmouth was twerking when Mustafi was bought. He claimed that Mustafi is as good as Bailly. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
There is something that happens to players when they reach Arsenal..they catch the arsenalitis fever!

Oga Oloye, I hear you but I do not completely agree. You look at the players aresenal go for and many of them are at best, average.

I remember when they got Gabriel and many of them were lying that they have watched him and he is amazing. I knew Gabriel from Spain and he is an average karate player. Same thing with Mustafi. I casted doubt on him because I know him. he failed at everton, was great at sampdoria and frankly he was overrated at Valencia. I warned them and they didnt listen.

Same as Xhaka. I remember when waffi was making mouth saying Xhaka is this and that and claiming Xhaka turned down City :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I laughed because I know Xhaka. And like i said to waffi then, I like Xhaka a lot, but he is soooo slow and the way he plays (even though he tries to be aggressive) just didnt give me confidence that he will succeed in England.

Then you have coquelin who is a division 3 player. Was great at Charlton and they called him back.. he came back and had an amazing 5 months and all of a sudden, wenger forgot that there is a reason he loaned the boy to Charlton. Instead, he made the boy his first choice. lol

Then I remember when they bought Ozil and they were all twerking and I told them that i knew Ozil very well... very well! And there is a reason why Mourinho (who called Ozil the best number 10) refused to buy Ozil, even after Ozil begged Mourinho to take him to Chelsea! Ozil is lazy lazy and lazy! He is possibly the laziest thing you will ever come across.

Then Sanchez! Their best player. I warned them too. I know sanchez. As great as he is, Sanchez is very dumb! This guy will dribble into cul de sac and keep knocking his head on the wall. Never looks up when he plays and doesnt understand that football can be played with the brain.

All these players and more .. like El Neny and the striker they got from Deportivo are all average or above average players ith huge negatives! They didnt learn it at arsenal, they are just not good enough to play for a title winning team. Put them all together and you have a collection of losers.
disagree. double digits assist says otherwise. Does he still sometimes dribble into cul-de-sacs? yes. But he is not brainless.

Yes. You can score 400 goals and 200 assists and still be brainless. More often than not, he makes the wrong decision because he doent play with his head. SOme years ago, at Barcelona, I remember Pep angrily telling Alexis to "use your head" :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5IHzPGUhs
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
smallpikin wrote:Is there anybody here who thinks Wenger is in the same class as Conte, Guardiola, Klopp, Pochetino or even that chap managing Everton?
This is absolutely ridiculous! What have they won? Have they even finished above Wenger in the League? Even Klopp? I think the disrespect Wenger is getting is absolutely ridiculous!

I hear you, but bia, who is signing all those average players and touting them to be all that, just because they can make top 4 in the kung-fu league?

It is wenger signing them and frankly, it is his fault. But my problem is the insult he is getting from your fans and being compared to coaches who are flavors of the month.

but he is setting himself up for those insults. Who thinks Coq is a top CDM? Wenger (and Waffi). Who thinks Mustafi, Gabriel, Ramsey, Walcott, Gibbs etc are top quality players? Wenger (and Waffi). Who walks around during transfer windows claiming "quality players are not available", and then making cheap bids.

There you go.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Tfco, EPL < Bundesliga ?
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

No need to panic. Those of us that watch games at Emirates know that this is a blip. The travelling fans were singing the praise of Wenger all through the match.

We are not use to getting favourable calls in matches. The favourable calls destabilised us so much.

We are still on course for the TREBLE. Titles are not won in February. By May we will see. I fancy our chances now that we have the BEST squad ever.

Please note that I am travelling and there will be no internet access so you may not hear from me for a while.

I've also misplaced my 'crayon'

All those crying should go and support another club. We are Arsenal!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote:
amafolas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
But Al waffledmouth was twerking when Mustafi was bought. He claimed that Mustafi is as good as Bailly. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
There is something that happens to players when they reach Arsenal..they catch the arsenalitis fever!

Oga Oloye, I hear you but I do not completely agree. You look at the players aresenal go for and many of them are at best, average.

I remember when they got Gabriel and many of them were lying that they have watched him and he is amazing. I knew Gabriel from Spain and he is an average karate player. Same thing with Mustafi. I casted doubt on him because I know him. he failed at everton, was great at sampdoria and frankly he was overrated at Valencia. I warned them and they didnt listen.

Same as Xhaka. I remember when waffi was making mouth saying Xhaka is this and that and claiming Xhaka turned down City :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I laughed because I know Xhaka. And like i said to waffi then, I like Xhaka a lot, but he is soooo slow and the way he plays (even though he tries to be aggressive) just didnt give me confidence that he will succeed in England.

Then you have coquelin who is a division 3 player. Was great at Charlton and they called him back.. he came back and had an amazing 5 months and all of a sudden, wenger forgot that there is a reason he loaned the boy to Charlton. Instead, he made the boy his first choice. lol

Then I remember when they bought Ozil and they were all twerking and I told them that i knew Ozil very well... very well! And there is a reason why Mourinho (who called Ozil the best number 10) refused to buy Ozil, even after Ozil begged Mourinho to take him to Chelsea! Ozil is lazy lazy and lazy! He is possibly the laziest thing you will ever come across.

Then Sanchez! Their best player. I warned them too. I know sanchez. As great as he is, Sanchez is very dumb! This guy will dribble into cul de sac and keep knocking his head on the wall. Never looks up when he plays and doesnt understand that football can be played with the brain.

All these players and more .. like El Neny and the striker they got from Deportivo are all average or above average players ith huge negatives! They didnt learn it at arsenal, they are just not good enough to play for a title winning team. Put them all together and you have a collection of losers.
disagree. double digits assist says otherwise. Does he still sometimes dribble into cul-de-sacs? yes. But he is not brainless.

Yes. You can score 400 goals and 200 assists and still be brainless. More often than not, he makes the wrong decision because he doent play with his head. SOme years ago, at Barcelona, I remember Pep angrily telling Alexis to "use your head" :rotf: :rotf:

rubbish, he has more awareness now than he did at Barca. Is he prone to bouts of dribbling into cul-de-sacs? He is not brainless. I doubt you have watched him often lateley
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
rust09
Egg
Egg

Post by rust09 »

wanaj0 wrote:No need to panic. Those of us that watch games at Emirates know that this is a blip. The travelling fans were singing the praise of Wenger all through the match.

We are not use to getting favourable calls in matches. The favourable calls destabilised us so much.

We are still on course for the TREBLE. Titles are not won in February. By May we will see. I fancy our chances now that we have the BEST squad ever.

Please note that I am travelling and there will be no internet access so you may not hear from me for a while.

I've also misplaced my 'crayon'

All those crying should go and support another club. We are Arsenal!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

but he is setting himself up for those insults. Who thinks Coq is a top CDM? Wenger (and Waffi). Who thinks Mustafi, Gabriel, Ramsey, Walcott, Gibbs etc are top quality players? Wenger (and Waffi). Who walks around during transfer windows claiming "quality players are not available", and then making cheap bids.

There you go.
Don't mind him. He's being patronizing. As if Wenger is working for free...or peanuts. Dude is very very very well compensated amongst the top earners in the world despite underachieving for the better part of a decade. He deserves every criticism and insult he gets. I don't even blame the players anymore. Wenger is the one who buys and plays them. He has cultivated a culture of accepting mediocrity. He should've walked away eons ago.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

danfo driver wrote:
amafolas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Although I generally agree with your point regarding Alexis, this video is a bit misleading as Pep is not complaining about the way Alexis plays, but the fact that he played 90 minutes with Chile a few days earlier.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

There you go.
Ah Chief, I am sure you were one of those hyping Le Coq when he came out shining a season or 2 ago. I have to admit, he has lost it again in recent times and Elneny is a much better player than he is.

Me sef, i don't tire. Its like it doesn't matter the players we have, the same thing still happens. Well looks like we are going round and round in circles as the saying goes, it is foolishness to do things the same way and expect a different result.

I like Arsene but e get as e be. I think maybe it is time to move on, even if initially we struggle with a new manager, we are the Arsenal, we will stabilise again and become great again.

#MAKE_ARSENAL_GREAT_AGAIN
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

peron33uk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

There you go.
Ah Chief, I am sure you were one of those hyping Le Coq when he came out shining a season or 2 ago. I have to admit, he has lost it again in recent times and Elneny is a much better player than he is.

Me sef, i don't tire. Its like it doesn't matter the players we have, the same thing still happens. Well looks like we are going round and round in circles as the saying goes, it is foolishness to do things the same way and expect a different result.

I like Arsene but e get as e be. I think maybe it is time to move on, even if initially we struggle with a new manager, we are the Arsenal, we will stabilise again and become great again.

Sorry, I never bought the Coq hype. I always believed he wasn't up to par. Of course, I only commented on what I perceived as his shortcomings, while acknowledging the void he was covering. It was Waffi who had all kinds of stats about how Coq was the best in Europe. As much as he "tried", he always had difficulty doing common-sense things, almost every game. Be it rash tackling to injure himself or get carded, or failing to pass to the open man, or bombing forward not knowing what to do with the ball. We were told that we didn't value him just because he is cheap....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

amafolas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
amafolas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

rubbish, he has more awareness now than he did at Barca. Is he prone to bouts of dribbling into cul-de-sacs? He is not brainless. I doubt you have watched him often lateley

I don't want to go to the extremes danfo has gone but his general premise is spot on. Alexis has immense gifts but he's too selfish to the point where you end up calling to question his smarts. I have said often...if he had Ozil's brain and vision, he'd be the best player on the planet. Conversely if Ozil had his heart and fight, the German would be the finest #10 the world has seen in a long time. Either way, Arsenal is stuck with two flawed players who MIGHT click under the right manager. Under a laissez faire manager, they're prone to bouts of racking inconsistency and bringing out the best and worst at the times you cannot predict.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Coq, 0 tackles won, 6 passes completed. That's the main story of the night. Not Xhaka, Mustafi, Ozil, Alexis. The CM, the position that Kante was supposedly too pricey for.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:Coq, 0 tackles won, 6 passes completed. That's the main story of the night. Not Xhaka, Mustafi, Ozil, Alexis. The CM, the position that Kante was supposedly too pricey for.
The board and Wenger together are the ones raping the club denying her the success it deserves on the field. How many times have the goat of a manager come out to claim he almost signed players who went on to become awesome players?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I saw enough of Ozil at Real to realise i can never as a manager buy him to play for my club. When everyone was hyping the dude , all i saw was a player who wilts when the going gets tough...now those are not my kind of players.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:I saw enough of Ozil at Real to realise i can never as a manager buy him to play for my club. When everyone was hyping the dude , all i saw was a player who wilts when the going gets tough...now those are not my kind of players.

How much abuse have I received for pointing this out the day Arsenal got raped and duped into buying this worthless piece of beady eyes .... I have Naija friends who are Chelshyt fans even calling me to tell me how they were feeling sorry for Arsenal and even cursing him yesterdyav :rotf: :rotf:

I laugh tire in spite of how I was feeling :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:I saw enough of Ozil at Real to realise i can never as a manager buy him to play for my club. When everyone was hyping the dude , all i saw was a player who wilts when the going gets tough...now those are not my kind of players.

How much abuse have I received for pointing this out the day Arsenal got raped and duped into buying this worthless piece of beady eyes .... I have Naija friends who are Chelshyt fans even calling me to tell me how they were feeling sorry for Arsenal and even cursing him yesterdyav :rotf: :rotf:

I laugh tire in spite of how I was feeling :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

There you go.

Sorry, I never bought the Coq hype. I always believed he wasn't up to par. Of course, I only commented on what I perceived as his shortcomings, while acknowledging the void he was covering. It was Waffi who had all kinds of stats about how Coq was the best in Europe. As much as he "tried", he always had difficulty doing common-sense things, almost every game. Be it rash tackling to injure himself or get carded, or failing to pass to the open man, or bombing forward not knowing what to do with the ball. We were told that we didn't value him just because he is cheap....
Fact was that Le Coq was good at some point, i think he was that good. But seems like he slacked a bit and now he has regressed badly. He at some point was the marshal in our midfield.

Anyway, Le Coq, Sanchez, Ozil, Xhaka etc they all have their issues, its not one players issue it is a team thing which unfortunately comes down to leadership not just with the players alone on the pitch but in management.

So i think change is needed, both players and management but especially management.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Oloye please don't join those using Ozil as a scapegoat. His case is like a soldier sent to the warfront with gun that works epileptically. To Ozil to function u need to assign only 25% or less defensive duties to him. Imagine Ozil lined up alongside Kante.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

azuka wrote:
Oloye please don't join those using Ozil as a scapegoat. His case is like a soldier sent to the warfront with gun that works epileptically. To Ozil to function u need to assign only 25% or less defensive duties to him. Imagine Ozil lined up alongside Kante.
Oloye never liked Ozil. He's been pretty clear about it since the Real Madrid days. His stance has not changed so I don't think he's joining anything.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kai una sabi overreach sha.. its just a bad day in the office. Thats the beauty of C.League footie, anyone can be annihilated on any given day.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

azuka wrote:
Azuka some of us have been bashing Ozil while Arsenal was saving up to buy him :lol:

Some of those bashing him today were the ones hyping him and telling me i dont know what i was doing. Man mi Ozil is like the old skoda...looks good on the eye but rubbish on the road! There is only one reason i dont like his game, it has to do with my nature and personality....i cannot stand spineless players. There is a reason i am gushing all over Kante....a tireless fighter with big humongous cojones!

Yes he is sorrounded by muppets at Arsenal, but i saw how spineless he was when he was sorrounded by galacticos at Real.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:D
Why una dey cry? All Arsenal has to do is beat Bayern four-kondo at the Emirates. :D