Super Eagles and consistency

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Super Eagles and consistency

Post by DAgrin »

There is no doubt our Super Eagles are on a rise.
Our latest miss of qualifying for the ANC should not delude us.
The Super Eagles is actually the strongest team in Africa already and the past ANC has just confirmed that and Gernot Rohr knows that, too.
My question might sound pathetic but I will remind you of my post in a few years.
How will Gernot Rohr (if hopefully still in charge) handle the over-confidence of the typical african mentality.
Right now Gernot Rohr handles a hungry team that wants to prove a thing to the world.
The Super Eagles might reach quite great heights at the WC with Gernot Rohr but the key to long-term success is consistent hunger.
How can we ensure the Super Eagles remain hungry when success has become a habit?
I know that this is a very speculative question but from my point of view the rise of african national teams (Nigeria 1994/98, Senegal 2002 etc.) has been an quite easy task but remaining on the top has always been the main challenge.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles and consistency

Post by Eaglezbeak »

DAgrin wrote:There is no doubt our Super Eagles are on a rise.
The Super Eagles is actually the strongest team in Africa already and the past ANC has just confirmed that and Gernot Rohr knows that, too.
My question might sound pathetic but I will remind you of my post in a few years.
How will Gernot Rohr (if hopefully still in charge) handle the over-confidence of the typical african mentality.
Right now Gernot Rohr handles a hungry team that wants to prove a thing to the world.
The Super Eagles might reach quite great heights at the WC with Gernot Rohr but the key to long-term success is consistent hunger.
How can we ensure the Super Eagles remain hungry when success has become a habit?
I know that this is a very speculative question but from my point of view the rise of african national teams (Nigeria 1994/98, Senegal 2002 etc.) has been an quite easy task but remaining on the top has always been the main challenge.
If you want to get the best out of the present Eagles the best thing to do is explain to them the best time is the Present as they capable of greatness but are yet to achieve it!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
If you want to get the best out of the present Eagles the best thing to do is explain to them the best time is the Present as they capable of greatness but are yet to achieve it!
?
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

DAgrin wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
?
Wow! Are you this dumb or is that a question? The author of this thread point was succinct and clear.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

My Oga At The Top, based on which facts are you making this statement ? :???: :???: :???:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

lukemana wrote:
My Oga At The Top, based on which facts are you making this statement ? :???: :???: :???:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Na wa o! We are agonizing over how to handle success BEFORE actually achieving success...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Gotti wrote:
lukemana wrote:

Na wa o! We are agonizing over how to handle success BEFORE actually achieving success...
Gotti, this was precise! If you intended to attack it in the gut, you really hit the sweet spot.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Interesting...

Apart from Spain, which county has been able to remain on the top for an extended period of time in recent memory?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote:
lukemana wrote:

:laugh:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved