Revolution in North London if Monseuir Wenger Doesn't Leave

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
Revolution in North London if Monseuir Wenger Doesn't Leave

Post by MI5 »

I always knew we were going to give Monseuir Wenger the final send off he deserves... Thank you my Bayern Munchen heroes :thumb: :lol: :rotf: :o ... That game should have been a dozen 12-0. The fluke penalty they got was pure luck... So many hand balls.. Damm :o 8-)

If he doesn't leave Emirates this season, I expect a massive revolution led by DT, Troopz, Moh, Claude and others.. Thank you Bayern Munchen.. The Gunner fans should be thanking us for the service we did for them... :D :D :D :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39001868
Arsene Wenger says he will definitely be managing next season, whether at Arsenal "or somewhere else".

Wenger, 67, was speaking at the end of one of the most turbulent weeks of his two-decade tenure as Gunners boss.

After Wednesday's 5-1 Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich, several ex-players said they believed his time in charge was coming to an end.

The Frenchman's contract expires at the end of this season and he said he would decide on a new deal in March or April.

"No matter what happens I will manage for another season. Whether it's here or somewhere else, that is for sure," Wenger said on Friday.

"If I said March or April it is because I didn't know. I do not want to come back on that.

"I am used to the criticism. I think in life it's important to do what you think is right and all the rest is judgement. I am in a public job and I have to accept that, but I have to behave with my values."

Wenger's main quotes

Wenger, who has been in charge of Arsenal since 1996, said: "We let everyone judge and criticise, we have to deal with that. We have to bounce back, that is what life is about.

"Even if I go, Arsenal will not win every single game in the future. It is not like before I arrived Arsenal had won five times in the European Cup.

"What is important is that the club makes the right decision for the future. I care about this club and its future and it is very important the club is in safe hands.

"The main emotion is everyone has a big disappointment. We have to regroup and refocus on the next game, and to take care of the consequences a disappointing result can have on everyone's spirit.

"We have to focus on the real problems and they are the way we play football, not my future.

"It is always important not to look for wrong excuses in life."
Wenger's 'lowest point'?

Arsenal have not won the Premier League since 2004, with FA Cups in 2005, 2014 and 2015 the only major silverware Wenger has secured since.

However, he has consistently qualified for the lucrative Champions League and the club has continued to grow financially, despite the pressures of building a new stadium.

The Gunners reached the knockout stage of Europe's elite club competition for a 14th year in a row this season, but the last-16 first-leg thrashing at German champions Bayern leaves them with little hope of progressing.

The performance, coupled with earlier damaging league defeats by Chelsea and Watford, prompted several former Arsenal players - some of whom played under Wenger - to suggest his time was up.

Former Gunners captain Martin Keown described the defeat as Wenger's "lowest point", while ex-defender Lee Dixon said: "This team is getting no response from him. I've never seen him like that."

In the Premier League, they are 10 points adrift of leaders Chelsea. After the Blues beat them 3-1 on 4 February, ex-England defender Danny Mills said Arsenal "have settled for fourth again".

Earlier, former striker Ian Wright, who scored 185 goals for the club between 1991 and 1998, said he believed Wenger's time as Arsenal boss was "coming to the end", although the Frenchman later denied giving any indication of his future plans.

Meanwhile, Wenger also said defender and captain Laurent Koscielny will have a scan on the injury he suffered against Bayern.

The France international was replaced by Gabriel after limping off just after half-time, and within seven minutes Arsenal conceded twice to go 3-1 down.

The Gunners travel to National League Sutton United in the FA Cup fifth round on Monday (19:55 GMT kick-off). The match is live on BBC One.
Soldier of Fortune...
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Revolution in North London if Monseuir Wenger Doesn't Le

Post by Cristao II »

Stupid of them!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The resurrection of M15! Am i dreaming or what?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:The resurrection of M15! Am i dreaming or what?

Na so we see am o!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Na so we see am o!
Yep...
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Welcome back, MI5 !
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Welcome Back MI5

We have to respect Wenger because consistently coming 3 or 4th in the demanding EPL is no easy feat.
Also takes something very special to win the league which i have always said is beyond Wenger's capacity.
The good thing is at least he actualizes his level of competence on a consistent basis.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Arsene, should stay another season as part of a transition programme.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

MI5,

E don tey wey i read something useful here on CE because Arsenal fans nor let persin see road. UP BAYERN!!!!!!!!!!!! Stars of the South.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Arsenal fans are about to get the "Man Utd experience" (AKA losing a great long serving manager, followed by years of turbulence).
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

There seem to be a paradigm shift at Arsenal about the way forward. Wenger might decide to leave a sinking ship after 20 years in charge. One thing is clear, Wenger is the best that Arsenal has. He has always, met his target financially.

Ozil is being made a scapegoat at Arsenal. Oloye don abuse di player tire! Source
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

wiseone wrote:Arsenal fans are about to get the "Man Utd experience" (AKA losing a great long serving manager, followed by years of turbulence).
Dude we've already been having years of turbulence.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Na so we see am o!
Yep...
Nna! I had to double take.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

theYemster wrote:
wiseone wrote:Arsenal fans are about to get the "Man Utd experience" (AKA losing a great long serving manager, followed by years of turbulence).
It will continue for some more time. Wenger and Wengerists have found their voices after the Munich debacle, and are now bringing out stats to show that Arsenal is the second best team in the EPL...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

theYemster wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Not if they handle their transition better. Utd suffered from wholesale changes in backroom staff and on the pitch with egoist like LVG and Moyes. Moyes didn't listen to wise counsel on staff and LVG thought he could change anything and control everything. We lost players that had no business leaving and replaced them with scrubs, it was telling at the last Euro finals when the players we got rid of were on the pitch in the finals and their replacements were on the bench.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Tbite wrote:
theYemster wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

ARSEnal fans are ungrateful bunch. Here is a man who has consistently delivered on his stated objectives and is been hounded out even though he is in the peak of his financial career.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Revolution in North London if Monseuir Wenger Doesn't Le
it is not a fight to use a foreign word, but you should at least know how to spell it

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Mi5,

Welcome back...

Please, Wenger should do the way of Biya...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cellular[/color] wrote: Mi5,

Welcome back...

No oh, Mugabe is the way :thumbs:. Biya is a small pikin at 87 compared to Biya at 92. Wenger has to hang on to the post for at least another 25 years to match the great Don of Zimbabwe :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cellular[/color] wrote: Mi5,

Welcome back...

No oh, Mugabe is the way :thumbs:. Biya is a small pikin at 87 compared to Biya at 92. Wenger has to hang on to the post for at least another 25 years to match the great Don of Zimbabwe :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:.
Mugabe and Wenger will retire within the next few months.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

if wenger does leave, Arsenal will suffer the exact same fate that befell ManU after Alex Ferguson left
You will drop out of the Champions league places and it will take you at least 3 or four seasons to work your way back