Lookman at centre of tug-of-war between Nigeria and England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Lookman at centre of tug-of-war between Nigeria and England

Post by Jmal »

Chimex101
Egg
Egg
ROHR seriously wants Ademola

Post by Chimex101 »

Seems the coach isn't playing about getting all the best players for the SE... http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/17/ev ... in-london/

Abeg let someone help me post the full report
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR seriously wants Ademola

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is he better than any of our fringe players ? Like Simon.musa. or success? I doubt it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Is he better than any of our fringe players ? Like Simon.musa. or success? I doubt it.
Ademola IMHO is better than those players you mentioned, maybe on par with Success..but then an injury prone Isaac Success isn't the best investment for SE, at least for now.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lookman at centre of tug-of-war between Nigeria and Engl

Post by oloye »

With a name like Lookman and Ademola...abeg England should look elsewhere....this one na our own pikin! We already dash them Aibee
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Jmal wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... re-9840021

watch his skills and goals [/video] :thumbs:
Chai Lookman na baller...his shooting is top notch and his jayjausque moves very authentic naija made. That boy is ours....i dont trust youtube...but there is enough swag in that boy's handling of the ball to wow me over. I just love the swag about him....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

oloye wrote:With a name like Lookman and Ademola...abeg England should look elsewhere....this one na our own pikin! We already dash them Aibee
Abeg Seefu Oloye, :D when we go see our "boys" for EIRE team :sneaky: :lol: :lol: :lol: some of them are about 16 - 18 years now!! or they are already in the academies in the GB :shock:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Senator WIRES wrote:
oloye wrote:With a name like Lookman and Ademola...abeg England should look elsewhere....this one na our own pikin! We already dash them Aibee
Abeg Seefu Oloye, :D when we go see our "boys" for EIRE team :sneaky: :lol: :lol: :lol: some of them are about 16 - 18 years now!! or they are already in the academies in the GB :shock:
They have a rubbish league here that hardly produces any player good enough to play for the national team. The half decent ones are shipped off to england as soon as they show up on the horizon, one thing many naija parent do not favorably disposed to as education appears to be higher on the agenda. We will see rugby players and athletes of naija descent before we see a footballer. I know a girl in my church, she is only 14 but she has been breaking and setting records in 200 and 400.

There is a boy i know and i understand Spurs scouts are looking at him.

Idika
Egg
Egg

Post by Idika »

OwnGoal Nigeria Your One Stop Shop For The Latest News on Nigerian Football and Players
Everton Star Ademola Lookman Could Make Eagles Squad For Senegal Friendly, Rohr To Hold Talks With Him In London

Everton rising star Ademola Lookman is seriously under consideration by coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr ahead of the Super Eagles friendly tie against Teranga Lions of Senegal in London.
Lookman who has been an instant hit for Everton since his move from Charlton Athletics has already represented England at youth level, but he is still eligible for Nigeria.
The electronic version of UK based tabloid Daily Mirror reports that representatives of the 19 year old met with big wigs of the Nigeria Football Federation last week about his international future.
Coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr reportedly requested for the meeting between the NFF and Lookman, ahead of his meeting with the coveted star next week in England.
Rohr wants to move quickly and has earmarked Lookman for a place in his squad for the next friendly against Senegal next month, which is meant to prepare Nigeria for the AFCON 2019 and World Cup 2018 qualifiers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Is he better than any of our fringe players ? Like Simon.musa. or success? I doubt it.

I do not believe thats the question an intelligent man will ask. A country cannot rely on 23 players. That is preposterous. I know you know this and you are being mischievous, but is it wrong for Nigeria to have a large pool of options? seriously, i hate stupidity
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kaiii! and you call yourself a man of God. You went to market and took Ademola Lookman from the shelve and paid with Jordan Ibe. is that fair??? is that something a God fearing christian will do?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

He reminds me of obafemi Martins, but he seems to have better shot selection, better poise and way better touches...
He is going to be Phenomenal... I dont think the english will let this one go..
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote:

I do not believe thats the question an intelligent man will ask. A country cannot rely on 23 players. That is preposterous. I know you know this and you are being mischievous, but is it wrong for Nigeria to have a large pool of options? seriously, i hate stupidity
aall the players I mentioned are in the same pool Mr London Genius. They're all non starters for SE playing similar positions, who da fool now punk?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

aall the players I mentioned are in the same pool Mr London Genius. They're all non starters for SE playing similar positions, who da fool now punk?
how are Musa and Simon Moses non-starters for the SE?chei..e no go better for the person wey do you this kind mumu
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Even Methoscorpion left a comment there. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

reminds me of a young Oba Martins. Soon we will hear that Wenger was "looking at him", but failed to sign him
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

It will be a major coup if Nigeria gets the boy, e go pain England well.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

The boy is a gem. Both-footed, plays with eyes open, finishes excellently. Nigeria must have this one. And for his sake he should opt for Nigeria. England are not good for anyone non-white. Check history.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

They should just give him a list of all those Anlo-Nigerian players who played for England Ehiogu, Agbolahaor, Ibe, etc.

Will he be a regular ahead of Kane, Sterling, Rashford and Vardy?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How does he rate compared to Tammy Abraham ?

And is Abraham still likely to play for us ?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

vancity eagle wrote:How does he rate compared to Tammy Abraham ?

And is Abraham still likely to play for us ?
I keep wondering. Any player that scores one goal our excitement hit the roof the last guy is completely forgotten.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Its amazing how God has blessed me....and my family"

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

This kid got a big upside. His being ambidextrous is a big up for a forward.

I love the fact that he can shoot from range and having equal power in both feet makes it hard to mark him at the edge of the box.

I see where defenders always mark a 'one legged ' player like Robben by forcing the ball to their right. This will not work with this kid as you will have to mark both sides thus nullifying the defensive numerical advantage.

If we succeed in getting this kid, that will be a major coup. But what are the chances England will let him go.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."