CAF Super Cup: Mamelodi Sundowns 1-0 TP Mazembe. Onyango ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF Super Cup: Mamelodi Sundowns 1-0 TP Mazembe. Onyango ...

Post by Kabalega »

Source

Mamelodi Sundowns beat TP Mazembe to 2017 CAF Super Cup

10 hours ago
by Ismael Kiyonga

Mamelodi Sundowns 1-0 TP Mazembe

African club champions Mamelodi Sundowns are the 2017 CAF Super Cup thanks to a 1-0 win over DR Congo’s TP Mazembe on Saturday.

Ricardo Nascimento was the day’s hero for the Brazilians as he converted an 83rd minute penalty to give Pitso Mosimane’s side a deserving victory after a dominant display at the Loftus Versveld stadium.

The penalty was given after team captain; Homphela Kekana was brought down in the area by TP Mazembe defender Issama Mpeko.

Although the South African were dominant, they did get clear cut chances until the 78th minute when Liberian, Anthony Laffor broke through after a good ball from Percy Tau only to shoot over the bar.

But earlier in the game, Uganda Cranes first choice goalkeeper and the African player of the Year Denis Onyango had made a brilliant save to keep his side in the game. :thumbs:

Pitso Mosimane’s African champions become the second South African team to lift the Super Cup following the 1996 success of Orlando Pirates when they beat JS Kabylie of Algeria.

On top of lifting the trophy, the South African side took home $ 100,000 while TP Mazembe won $ 75,000.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF Super Cup: Mamelodi Sundowns 1-0 TP Mazembe. Onyango

Post by nemi2002 »

The Brazilians
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Congrats to the Brazilians :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

nemi2002 wrote:The Brazilians
The nickname comes from them wearing the same colours as the Brazilian national team
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Gudo wrote:Congrats to the Brazilians :thumbs: :thumbs:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
And our boy Khama Billiat

Patrick Motsepe the billioanire has done well investing his money in Sundowns
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q