Give it up for the Copper Bullets

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Give it up for the Copper Bullets

Post by truetalk »

I knew that Chipolopolo was going to get a result in Cameroun. I called the draw before the game, although watching the match, they could have won it.

While it is most important to take care of business in your own games and control your destiny, Nigeria has suffered in recent times with teams that either pull out or just surrender once they can't qualify. The likes of Tchad have hurt us recently.

I said it on these pages that Zambia will play with pride to the end & they have done that today. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Things are now set up well for the Eagles to have a plantain feast. I know the lions want a wrestling royal rumble, but by God's grace we will be ready for them.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Give it up for the Copper Bullets

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Didn't I tell you all that Cameroon, not Zambia is the weak link in the group :?: :!:

Cheers.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Didn't I tell you all that Cameroon, not Zambia is the weak link in the group :?: :!:

Cheers.
I believe that except from Nigeria all teams are approximately equally strong/weak if you ignore the reputation the teams have what often blures perception.
That of course plays in our cards as we can expect a lot of draws or teams beating each other.

In retrospect I must say that this 'group of death' is a blessing in disguise.
We play quality oppositions but yet stand a very good chance to qualify.
The SE have a history to bring their A game when playing against quality teams and struggling against minnows.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

solo wrote:[/video]
This Kora Goal coverage is always useless.
Whenever I spot their name I simply ignore it. They routinely capture only about 80% of the full picture so you find that much of the action is played 'off-screen'.
Rubbish.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Result has been going our way. When we win our group opponents draw. We cannot be complacent. It took only two games to establish a decent lead and one bad game can open up the group again. Every game must be taken with all seriousness if we want to press home our early advantage
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

pajimoh wrote:Resulcomplacent going our way. When we win our group opponents draw. We cannot be complacent. It took only two games to establish a decent lead and one bad game can open up the group again. Every game must be taken with all seriousness if we want to press home our early advantage
that is my fear to be complacent and let foot off gas. hope we dont. win next home game .dance time
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Didn't I tell you all that Cameroon, not Zambia is the weak link in the group :?: :!:

Cheers.
And yet they won a draw away in Algiers.
There is no weak team in this group. Also the blessing in disguise is that after such a group Nigeria will be much better prepared for Russia 2018.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Respect to the Young Bullets in the U-20 World Cup.

I was very scared for Africa with the way Guinea took serious beatings from Korea, but Zambia held out for a good victory over Portugal.