UEFA: CITY VS MONACO (5-3) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UEFA: CITY VS MONACO (5-3) FT

Post by oloye »

You watch what Sterling did there with City's 4th goal..you begin to understand why i call most of these english players daft.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UEFA: CITY VS MONACO (4-3) 2H

Post by Nkume »

tfco wrote:just win 3-0 in Monaco das all
How can? When they concede goals like waterside ashawo (So I was told by 1naira).
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Useless Monaco
All they had to do was defend.
No way can they win by a margin of 2 without conceding
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

All the Man Utd fans are pissed. It's quite funny.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Mr. Piffington wrote:All the Man Utd fans are pissed. It's quite funny.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Samora Machel wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
i am pissed off with Monaco, if they were going to lose that way then they should not have given me hope like this.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

And Pep Stans like yourself are happy.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Monaco didnt do badly. They have every chance of going through in France.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Samora Machel wrote:To hell with defendinf this is the football we enjoy not chess matches and tactical moves :thumbs:
You might as well go and watch handball. There is a reason they employ and pay defenders and keepers....to defend!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote:Monaco didnt do badly. They have every chance of going through in France.
There is no way they are getting a 3 goal margin unless City gets an early red card.
Even then City will still score goals.
It's over.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Monaco has a decided advantage with their three away goals. They, more likely than not, will advance in France :!:

Cheers.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

benteke wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Monaco didnt do badly. They have every chance of going through in France.
There is no way they are getting a 3 goal margin unless City gets an early red card.
It's over.
They only need 2 goals.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

benteke wrote:
It's over.
Perhaps so but a 4-2, 3-1, or 2-0 result isn't completely impossible even if improbable.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:Sane 5-3. what a game

I confess, never knew he was Souleyman Sane's son! Wow, his pops was one of the first Black players to make in impact in the Bundesliga! And his Mom was an Olympian as well.

Anyway, I like the kid, and hope he continues to develop. He was one I had hoped AW would have gotten, instead of all these yeye British Core that can't distinguish their left from right.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:Sane 5-3. what a game

I confess, never knew he was Souleyman Sane's son! Wow, his pops was one of the first Black players to make in impact in the Bundesliga! And his Mom was an Olympian as well.

Anyway, I like the kid, and hope he continues to develop. He was one I had hoped AW would have gotten, instead of all these yeye British Core that can't distinguish their left from right.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yeah, his father was a great player too. I'll have to look it up but I think he played against the Eagles in the 92 ANC.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Monaco has a decided advantage with their three away goals. They, more likely than not, will advance in France :!:

Cheers.
I predicted Monaco to advance so I say this with a tinge of regret. They needed to lose by one or tie. I don't think they can overturn City's two goal advantage. This season, Monaco has been a different side from the usual Jardim team, they're a far more robust attacking side and they will score for sure but they also make some silly defensive mistakes. They may win in France as they'll certainly generate goals but I doubt they can stop City from scoring. It won't be enough.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

platinum wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Monaco has a decided advantage with their three away goals. They, more likely than not, will advance in France :!:

Cheers.
I predicted Monaco to advance so I say this with a tinge of regret. They needed to lose by one or tie. I don't think they can overturn City's two goal advantage. This season, Monaco has been a different side from the usual Jardim team, they're a far more robust attacking side and they will score for sure but they also make some silly defensive mistakes. They may win in France as they'll certainly generate goals but I doubt they can stop City from scoring. It won't be enough.
Good teams like Monaco are usually able to overcome a two goal deficit at home. Don't forget they scored three away goals :!:

Cheers.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
platinum wrote:

Cheers.
Good teams like Monaco are usually able to overcome a two goal deficit at home. Don't forget they scored three away goals :!:

Cheers.
I am not sure exactly how the game will turn out to be, but i simply do not see Monaco holding a 2 goal lead.
I suspect that Pep will send City to throw the kitchen sink at Monaco for 90mins.

Its over gents. But i sure will be happy if you turn out to be correct :thumb:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I hope Monaco will be able to get the job done.

It may not be easy, but it isn't exactly the most difficult permutation. What they have to do is very clear.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
joplass
Egg
Egg
Re: UEFA: CITY VS MONACO (Iheancho on bench)

Post by joplass »

platinum wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
platinum wrote:Falcao is holding Monaco back so far, he needs to strike FASTER. Mbappe the best Monaco striker this season, eye test and deeper stat wise....though Falcao has been finishing at a decent clip.
Mbape will play for Cameroon against Nigeria in August.

No he won't. France will not let this one go. Keep dreaming :P
The way the French media is going on and on about Mbappe there is no way he will play for Cameroon.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

joplass wrote:
platinum wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
platinum wrote:Falcao is holding Monaco back so far, he needs to strike FASTER. Mbappe the best Monaco striker this season, eye test and deeper stat wise....though Falcao has been finishing at a decent clip.

The way the French media is going on and on about Mbappe there is no way he will play for Cameroon.

is he the pikin of CE's Mbape?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
joplass wrote:
platinum wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:

is he the pikin of CE's Mbape?
No he is the grandson of former Indomitable Lions great Mbappe Lepe
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

we are happy now. it's quite funny.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: