SEVILLA 2 vs NDIDI 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEVILLA 2 vs NDIDI 1

Post by DAgrin »

Leicester is a good example of how important confidence is for a team.
They served on a wave of euphoria last season and now there is nothing left.
Kante's absence cannot explain all that.
When it comes to player material they are even improved but almost every player has lost form and confidence.
Shows how important the psychological aspect of the game is - one of the key reasons why Klopp is such a successful coach.
Our current coach (Tuchel) on a tactical level is a better coach but he does not inspire the same confidence.
The weak link about coaches like Klopp is that this psychological effect is spent after a while.
If you are unable to give new tactical input (what means you are too one-dimensional as a coach) the ship is going to sink.
That's what happened with Kloppo in Dortmund. I have to praise him nevertheless - because he was clever enough to recognize it.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DAgrin wrote:Leicester is a good example of how important confidence is for a team.
When it comes to player material they are even improved but almost every player has lost form and confidence.
Shows how important the psychological aspect of the game is - one of the key reasons why Klopp is such a successful coach.
Our current coach (Tuchel) on a tactical level is a better coach but he does not inspire the same confidence.
The weak link about coaches like Klopp is that this psychological effect is spent after a while.
If you are unable to give new tactical input (what means you are too one-dimensional as a coach) the ship is going to sink.
That's what happened with Kloppo in Dortmund. I have to praise him nevertheless - because he was clever enough to recognize it.
Excellent analysis.
There really is no other explanation.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NDIDI 1 vs SEVILLA 2

Post by Cristao II »

bushboy wrote:There must be something I'm not seeing. Maybe I'm just blind, but I do not see this "Ndidi is far better than Esiti" that fellow CEs seem to see. I don't see it at all.
Anyway....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bushboy wrote:There must be something I'm not seeing. Maybe I'm just blind, but I do not see this "Ndidi is far better than Esiti" that fellow CEs seem to see. I don't see it at all.
Anyway....
Why do you always have to put down one player, because of your 'own'. Are you an agent or something?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NDIDI va SEVILLA

Post by green4life »

King Futcha wrote:
eyan wrote:
King Futcha wrote:half way there.
True. They just need to beat Sevilla by 1 goal. :tic:
If they keep a clean sheet I will deport myself to Mexico. :)
Crazier things have happened ... like Leicester winning the league :taunt:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Anyway....
He's a good player but lacking confidence and a bit of tactical awareness (which comes with playing time) but he definitely has sufficient tools to have a good career at this level. With increased effort on the training ground (specifically after formal team training) he can transform into the player we hope to see.

That said, last night, Ndidi, like all his teammates apart from Schmicheal, had a poor first half but grew into the game in the second half and finished very strong. It should improve his confidence and performances going forward. Nevertheless, good gutsy result for Leicester City against seasoned winners in Europe away from home should do them a world of good and give them a fighting chance to advance at home. :clap:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
DAgrin wrote:Leicester is a good example of how important confidence is for a team.
Excellent analysis.
That's why it's good to have great assistants to complement you. Westerhof had that in Jo Bonfrere. Westerhoff was the great motivator and psychological genius while Jo was the tactical brains. Same with Alex Ferguson who usually had great assistants like Queiroz, McLaren, Knox etc that were technically and tactically astute but not necessarily top managerial material.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Watched the game this morning again, i must say Leicester picked up and improved. Hopefully they can pick up from here and improve towards the tail end of the season( glad to see 2 SE players) .

However, the funniest incident of the night goes to Wes Morgan, he was in the opposition's corner and made a dribble , but the defender didn't move, so MR Morgan decided to pull a line backer move on the defender, and checked him with his hands, landing on the defender's Chest..my goodness, the reactions by the crowd was priceless ( the ref didn't blow) but that was just too funny. I repeat Wes Morgan is nothing but a jambody footballer, no ball sense at all
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kajifu wrote:Not a bad result for Leicester,they can easily win 1-0 at home,try to keep clean sheet and used home fans to be player number 12 make ref uncomfortable
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Damunk wrote:
Excellent analysis.
it's more than just psychology. By FEb of last season, Leicester was a machine. The total was more than the parts. The starting 11 named itself. Each player had a specific role and knew his roles, knew his partners. They had no midweek games. They rest on Monday, come back Tuesday work on the game plan for the weekend all the way through Friday, play over the weekend. Fatigue was not a factor. Cobbling together different starting line-ups was not an issue.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Watched the game this morning again, i must say Leicester picked up and improved. Hopefully they can pick up from here and improve towards the tail end of the season( glad to see 2 SE players) .

However, the funniest incident of the night goes to Wes Morgan, he was in the opposition's corner and made a dribble , but the defender didn't move, so MR Morgan decided to pull a line backer move on the defender, and checked him with his hands, landing on the defender's Chest..my goodness, the reactions by the crowd was priceless ( the ref didn't blow) but that was just too funny. I repeat Wes Morgan is nothing but a jambody footballer, no ball sense at all
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nasri gave Ndidi props for helping Leicester save some face in the 2nd half.

Leicester City put up a good fight in the second half, they denied us space to play the way we love to. In the middle Ndidi was particularly quick in covering up spaces and that improved their second half performance”, Nasri said after the game.

” We are disappointed to have conceded a goal but we are confident of our chances of progressing after the second leg”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/23/se ... ster-city/

Not bad for the boy. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nasri gave Ndidi props for helping Leicester save some face in the 2nd half.

Leicester City put up a good fight in the second half, they denied us space to play the way we love to. In the middle Ndidi was particularly quick in covering up spaces and that improved their second half performance”, Nasri said after the game.

” We are disappointed to have conceded a goal but we are confident of our chances of progressing after the second leg”.

You sure they didn't just make up those quotes lol...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nasri gave Ndidi props for helping Leicester save some face in the 2nd half.

:lol: :lol: Very likely, but Ndidi did finish strong.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ikemba wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

:lol: :lol: Very likely, but Ndidi did finish strong.
I only saw the second half and he was doing his thing. Just that I can't find these quotes from any other source...I mean did Nasri call owngoal up and speak to them directly??? Else where did they pull these quotes? They don't even cite a source...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: NDIDI va SEVILLA

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote:
eyan wrote:
King Futcha wrote:half way there.
True. They just need to beat Sevilla by 1 goal. :tic:
If they keep a clean sheet I will deport myself to Mexico. :)
de donde eres Señor?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Watched the game this morning again, i must say Leicester picked up and improved. Hopefully they can pick up from here and improve towards the tail end of the season( glad to see 2 SE players) .

:lol: :lol: the guy is related to Danny Shittu and Titus Bramble :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16