Claudio Ranieri fired

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Claudio Ranieri fired

Post by platinum »

Apparently the 'senior' players complained to the club's owners after the game in Seville and that was the last straw.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:Apparently the 'senior' players complained to the club's owners after the game in Seville and that was the last straw.
I dont know why that phrase always aggravates me. Maybe I am suffering from "big boys" syndrome. Those of us Nigerians between the age of 30 and 50 know what we suffered due to the "big boys" in SE.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:Apparently the 'senior' players complained to the club's owners after the game in Seville and that was the last straw.
I dont know why that phrase always aggravates me. Maybe I am suffering from "big boys" syndrome. Those of us Nigerians between the age of 30 and 50 know what we suffered due to the "big boys" in SE.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yup.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Remember when Jamie Vardy was scoring goals in 11 (or was it 13) consecutive matches last season?
Didn't Arsenal make a run at him and he turned us down in the last minute? Arsenal needed a "pacy striker" :) :) :)

I think Vardy has let Ranieri down.
Weren't Mayrez and Slimani at the Cup of Nation in Gabon? Maybe they have an excuse, since Algeria has been struggling seriously this year at the World Cup qualification and Cup of Nations.

Bepanda
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

My stance on Jose is well documented on this forum, but respect to him for his support of Ranieri

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yup.

:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

To sack him only months after winning the EPL (and while they are still in the CL) is reprehensible. Winning the EPL seems to be a poisoned chalice:

2016 winner: Ranieri (sacked a few months later)
2015 winner: Mourinho (sacked a few months later)
2014 winner: Pellegrini (sacked)
2013 winner: Ferguson (retired a few days later)
2012 winner: Mancini (sacked)
2011 winner: Ferguson
2010 winner: Ancelotti (sacked a few months later)

The most bizarre thing about all of this is that had Ranieri NOT won the EPL last season, he would still be Leicester manager - based on their current position.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote:To sack him only months after winning the EPL (and while they are still in the CL) is reprehensible. Winning the EPL seems to be a poisoned chalice:

The most bizarre thing about all of this is that had Ranieri NOT won the EPL last season, he would still be Leicester manager - based on their current position.
COnte is next :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:To sack him only months after winning the EPL (and while they are still in the CL) is reprehensible. Winning the EPL seems to be a poisoned chalice:

LOL @ reprehensible! Someone bought a business and hires you to run their business. last year, you made a profit and this year you are about to run them into bankruptcy, so the person should keep fantasizing about the profit you made last year and watch their business go under abi???

Football fans need to get their thumb out of their asssssss. you guys aways put emotion into football. It is not big business and if you dont like it, buy your own club and hire ranieri on a 10 year contract. NONSENSE!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote:

LOL @ reprehensible! Someone bought a business and hires you to run their business. last year, you made a profit and this year you are about to run them into bankruptcy, so the person should keep fantasizing about the profit you made last year and watch their business go under abi???

Football fans need to get their thumb out of their asssssss. you guys aways put emotion into football. It is not big business and if you dont like it, buy your own club and hire ranieri on a 10 year contract. NONSENSE!
i disagree. The ceiling for Leicester this season was always going to be mid-table around positions 11 to 13. They are championship level club that had one magical season. A successful season for them is one they don't get relegated. A great season is one they finish mid table. An amazing one is if they finish top half. They are not structured to play in multiple competitions and simply can't. Is Raneiri underperforming? Yes but not by much.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Exactly, a successful season for them (barring last season's miracle) is where they finish one place above the relegation zone (AKA exactly where they are right now). This is a club that was playing in the second tier 3 seasons ago. To now fire a manager for not maintaining championship winning form is pure fantasy for a club like Leicester.

amafolas wrote: i disagree. The ceiling for Leicester this season was always going to be mid-table around positions 11 to 13. They are championship level club that had one magical season. A successful season for them is one they don't get relegated. A great season is one they finish mid table. An amazing one is if they finish top half. They are not structured to play in multiple competitions and simply can't. Is Raneiri underperforming? Yes but not by much.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:My stance on Jose is well documented on this forum, but respect to him for his support of Ranieri

"Probably the season started with a typical selfishness of others -- people thinking of new contracts, leaving, more money, forgetting who helped them reach a certain level.
You can tell the bitterness in his words...that's experience talking. It's also why sometimes even though I'd like Wenger gone from Arsenal, his work needs to be respected and put in perspective. It's not easy managing men.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-le ... ms-sacking
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

amafolas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

i disagree. The ceiling for Leicester this season was always going to be mid-table around positions 11 to 13. They are championship level club that had one magical season. A successful season for them is one they don't get relegated. A great season is one they finish mid table. An amazing one is if they finish top half. They are not structured to play in multiple competitions and simply can't. Is Raneiri underperforming? Yes but not by much.
You can disagree all you like. Leicester is a business and the owner of that business as told Ranieri to fook offf! If you disagree, go and buy your own business and hire Ranieri t run it into bankruptcy! O pa ri o!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Exactly, a successful season for them (barring last season's miracle) is where they finish one place above the relegation zone (AKA exactly where they are right now). This is a club that was playing in the second tier 3 seasons ago. To now fire a manager for not maintaining championship winning form is pure fantasy for a club like Leicester.

amafolas wrote: i disagree. The ceiling for Leicester this season was always going to be mid-table around positions 11 to 13. They are championship level club that had one magical season. A successful season for them is one they don't get relegated. A great season is one they finish mid table. An amazing one is if they finish top half. They are not structured to play in multiple competitions and simply can't. Is Raneiri underperforming? Yes but not by much.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Once again, you are not a wise man. Do you know how much the guy spent last summer? And you are saying a successful season for all that money spent is to avoid relegation.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Plats, putting Wenger's work into perspective lends accelerant to the bonfire. Loyalty knows no name beyond the currency of the land. T'is easy to find loyalty, showTring praise and admiration, when Denilsons and Bendtners can be priced out of departures by phenomenal salaries. Ask yourself, who in world football would've laid either like so and then look again at the praise and admiration.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip

The Foxes players who met Leicester chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha on Wednesday included 30-year-old keeper Kasper Schmeichel, defender Wes Morgan, 33, midfielder Marc Albrighton, 27, and 30-year-old striker Jamie Vardy
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cristao II wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip

The Foxes players who met Leicester chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha on Wednesday included 30-year-old keeper Kasper Schmeichel, defender Wes Morgan, 33, midfielder Marc Albrighton, 27, and 30-year-old striker Jamie Vardy
It's clear some things happened very fast. He was sacked so fast at an airport hotel after their return from Sevilla...so fast that they didn't have a plan B for the managerial job. If the move was premeditated, I'm sure they would have had options waiting to take over, considering they were in the middle of a UCL clash. And who would sack a manager after losing 2-1 away at Seville?

I guess that's why I think only this legendary dude would have put it this way:

◾No Leicester players' revolt against Ranieri - Shakespeare
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Are any of these 'senior' players taking any responsibility for the team's poor performance at all? :mad:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^The gift and the curse. Ranieri should've focused a little more on the league the moment the slope became slippery. That said, his investments failed miserable, everyone of them. Yes, the players are culpable but the epitome of that collective is the manager and between those eyes is where the bullet implants.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Damunk wrote:

Are any of these 'senior' players taking any responsibility for the team's poor performance at all? :mad:
Why should they after all the effort they put in winning the title last year. That should suffice till they end their careers. :roll:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

hmmm

not one of the 'senior players' I guess

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

danfo driver wrote:
Yes o!
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

[/video]

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: