Chei!! YAKUBU Don Suffa!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chei!! YAKUBU Don Suffa!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

:P Gum chewing YAK is being "scapegoated" :lol:
Video of Yakubu doing absolutely nothing for two-and-a-half minutes goes viral

When Yakubu signed for Coventry City a fortnight ago, their manager Russell Slade genuinely believed the 34-year-old veteran would propel them to safety in League One.
'Yakubu brings vast experience and a terrific goal record,' Slade gushed. 'His professional career speaks for itself, having scored consistently at the highest level of English football.'
Unfortunately, the reality appears to be rather different. A two-and-a-half minute clip of Yakubu in action for Coventry during their 3-1 loss to Swindon on Saturday went viral on social media for all the wrong reasons.

The video shows 'The Yak' loitering around on the half-way line as the play continues at pace around him. The Nigerian appears in a daze as he wanders aimlessly around, showing little to no interest in chasing the play.
At one point, a team-mate remonstrates with him for the lack of effort, but Yakubu appears completely unmoved.
The clip, by Coventry fan CJ Joiner, was retweeted hundreds of times, with some describing it as 'embarrassing'.
akubu came off the bench with 20 minutes remaining with Coventry trailing 2-0 thanks to goals from Nicky Ajose and Jonathan Obika in the first-half.
The Sky Blues conceded a third, against from Ajose, within seconds of Yakubu joining the fray, though they did gain a stoppage time consolation via George Thomas.
The result deepens their relegation gloom - Coventry are rock bottom and 11 points from safety.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4ZtNx6d4W
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Chei!! YAKUBU Don Suffa!!

Post by walesvilla »

It is by force to end career in England - engine running on empty - dont blame him- agba ti de
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Na wa o.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

he had picked up a hamstring injury and he couldn't be subbed as they had used up all 3 subs
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Okochadman2Nas wrote:he had picked up a hamstring injury and he couldn't be subbed as they had used up all 3 subs
If that was the case they should have subbed go. He contributed nothing and could have done more damage.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Okochadman2Nas wrote:he had picked up a hamstring injury and he couldn't be subbed as they had used up all 3 subs
So why didn't he just go and sit down? And why would his teammate remonstrate with him if he knows he's injured?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

maceo4 wrote:
So why didn't he just go and sit down? And why would his teammate remonstrate with him if he knows he's injured?

The explanation on their twitter page, it seems they purposely send him out to help aid his recovery (still trying to figure that one out)
Viral video with CCFC’s "lazy" Yakubu has been explained as part of his recovery from a hamstring tear. Video @footballfights
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

maceo4 wrote:
The point I was going to make exactly. To be fair, he looked like he was carrying a knock but the fact that his teammate did not know looked strange. I hope it was an injury though because this looks bad if it was not.
yes o
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Nothing new here! This is how yakubu has been playing for years!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

So he got injured after coming in at the 70th minute? Why is Yak playing under this much scrutiny at this time? Might be easier to find less pressure situations to play in with more money if that's the consideration. Those guys are looking at him as a big star that would save them so have their eyes on him. Yak may not be aligned with their expectation.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Like they say...if you dont leave the game....
Ecen the good book says..For everything under heavens...there is a time and season...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He's got nothing left to give!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:Like they say...if you dont leave the game....
Ecen the good book says..For everything under heavens...there is a time and season...

...the game left Yak about 3yrs ago.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

dhoney wrote:

Nothing deceives an athlete more than his mind...he says to him yes you can, but his body says you gotta be kidding me. The sad thing is you think you are still doing it and would struggle to understand what your critics are on about.

It is easier to listen to your body if you have struggled with injuries...because those injuries will force you to acknowledge the inevitable. But those who have always been fit fall into the trap set by the delusion of the mind.

I feel for Yakubu, suddenly you get to that point and face the day you have dreaded, the day you hope would never come,the day you have to face yourself and say oh boy it is over...and the day you have to answer the question..so what next? Two questions athletes agonise over as soon as they cross a certain rubicon in their journey in life. Have always loved Yak, he made me proud in the EPL, has done it all....perhaps bow is the time to walk away with head and shoulders high in the air! Hey may be he has something to offer, it is his own decision to make.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

Nothing deceives an athlete more than his mind...he says to him yes you can, but his body says you gotta be kidding me. The sad thing is you think you are still doing it and would struggle to understand what your critics are on about.

It is easier to listen to your body if you have struggled with injuries...because those injuries will force you to acknowledge the inevitable. But those who have always been fit fall into the trap set by the delusion of the mind.

I feel for Yakubu, suddenly you get to that point and face the day you have dreaded, the day you hope would never come,the day you have to face yourself and say oh boy it is over...and the day you have to answer the question..so what next? Two questions athletes agonise over as soon as they cross a certain rubicon in their journey in life. Have always loved Yak, he made me proud in the EPL, has done it all....perhaps bow is the time to walk away with head and shoulders high in the air! Hey may be he has something to offer, it is his own decision to make.
Oga Oloye, there has to be something more going on in this clip than we are privy to. I mean I've seen egbons playing at 50/60 years of age that can still jog/run around and play simple touches, not just standing and walking slowly at midfield, it can't just be age catching up, something else has to be up...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

Oga Oloye, there has to be something more going on in this clip than we are privy to. I mean I've seen egbons playing at 50/60 years of age that can still jog/run around and play simple touches, not just standing and walking slowly at midfield, it can't just be age catching up, something else has to be up...
Man mi i am not even taking this clip serious have not even bothered to watch it, because the only reason why anyone who has seen Yak in his prime now try to ridicule him for jogging around is because ....there is a time for everything!