Ndidi...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chimex101
Egg
Egg
Ndidi...

Post by Chimex101 »

Amazing player, he is surely the rave of the moment and Leicester fans are singing his name to high heavens on their forum and other social media outlets. That been said someone raised a very cognitive question on the Leicester vs Loser-pool about his role in the SE set up.. Ndidi is now emerging as a key player for both country and club, and it's looking very likely that Onazi will be phasing out soon for Ndidi to fill his role, and partner with Etebo and perhaps Esiti in midfield while Mikel plays a more advanced role? not the best tactician, but the upcoming friendlies should get us an idea into what Rohr is sketching out...we face a very young and rejuvenated Cameroon side, and we need to be very ready!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi...

Post by Dammy »

I doubt if Rohr will phase Onazi out for Ndidi anytime soon, except Ndidi develops Onazi like stamina and can run endlessly for 90 minutes. I believe Rohr has found his DM combo in Etebo and Onazi. Their energy is unmatched in the SE.
I am happy
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Onazi is als very young and we cant even say who is older between the two. Lets not be deceive Onazi came to limelight before Ndidi. For me Onazi is very much needed against Cameroun because of his ruggedness.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

tunde72 wrote:Onazi is als very young and we cant even say who is older between the two. Lets not be deceive Onazi came to limelight before Ndidi. For me Onazi is very much needed against Cameroun because of his ruggedness.
Onazi's move to Turkey is working against him in the mind of a lot of SE fans. While Ndidi has moved to a bigger league, The EPL.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

He was a beast tonight.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Ndidi is growing into real DM. Game reading, timely tackles, aerial ball winning. he also has the physique to boot. If he continues at this pace.......
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Ndidi will take over Mikel's spot
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

i hear hw was phenomenal yesterday
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Guys, onazi in SE midfield is a hustler and runs for 90mins ndidi can compliment him.

Notice that Ndidi got tire around the 70 mins however ndidi tackles the ball more effectively than onazi.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

osita wrote:Guys, onazi in SE midfield is a hustler and runs for 90mins ndidi can compliment him.

Notice that Ndidi got tire around the 70 mins however ndidi tackles the ball more effectively than onazi.
He needs to pace himself. Kante is not superhuman as some would have us think.

I watched the game against Swansea. Kante is shaping up to be a complete midfielder, but he doesn't do everything at once! He plays in phases. There are times when his passing is very limited, but his tackling is in overdrive, there are times when he will go forward and times he won't.

Ndidi needs to play to the rhythm of the game like Kante. Kante creates the illusion that he is doing everything at once, because he does what is needed from him at the right intervals.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fledy wrote:Ndidi will take over Mikel's spot
Fledy, Mikel does not play DM for the SE anymore.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote:
And he didn't play in that position for Nigeria long enough anyway.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
I seem to be one of the few not entirely convinced on Mikel's AM role. He has lost too much time playing DM and now he wants to live out his teenage dreams at 29.
I get that but I'm not sure it will work.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I seem to be one of the few not entirely convinced on Mikel's AM role. He has lost too much time playing DM and now he wants to live out his teenage dreams at 29.
Mikel may need to be phased out this year. He seems to have lost the stamina for the DM role and does not have the pace to effectively complement the others in an AM role. The best midfield combo could be Ndidi, Onazi and Etebo. May be wrong but not really convinced about Onazi's concentration levels though; I think he is surviving on past glory and the current form of Esiti and Ogu may be better.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sheikh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Mikel may need to be phased out this year. He seems to have lost the stamina for the DM role and does not have the pace to effectively complement the others in an AM role. The best midfield combo could be Ndidi, Onazi and Etebo. May be wrong but not really convinced about Onazi's concentration levels though; I think he is surviving on past glory and the current form of Esiti and Ogu may be better.
If anything I believe he can use his 'high sense' to effectively police the DM role as he did for Chelsea. His mobility was limited and now with his age and the China move where he can fart around a lot more with no consequence, he is least suited for an AM role and better suited to play out his mature years in his more traditional DM role.
Sad, but he can't use the SE to play out his youthful dreams.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Mikel has played the Central Midfield role for Nigeria twice under Rohr and played as an AM Vs Algeria. Also recall that Onazi is less of a DM and more of a Central Midfielder (Box to Box).

This is how i see the SE panning out in the Midfield

DM - Ndidi, Uche Agbo, Esiti

CM - Onazi, Mikel, Etebo

However, Rohr would play a very mobile DM if MIkel starts in CM.

Lets wait and see what Rohr comes up with during the 2 friendlies.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tbite wrote:
osita wrote:Guys, onazi in SE midfield is a hustler and runs for 90mins ndidi can compliment him.

He needs to pace himself. Kante is not superhuman as some would have us think.

I watched the game against Swansea. Kante is shaping up to be a complete midfielder, but he doesn't do everything at once! He plays in phases. There are times when his passing is very limited, but his tackling is in overdrive, there are times when he will go forward and times he won't.

Ndidi needs to play to the rhythm of the game like Kante. Kante creates the illusion that he is doing everything at once, because he does what is needed from him at the right intervals.
People like Kante have what you call natural stamina...no amount of training can give you that. There is a reason some players are midfielders and some strikers and sime defenders. There is a reason some athletes are sprinters, middle distance runners and long distance runners. No amount of endurance training can give a sprinter the lungs and the enduring ability of a long distance runner.

Some athletes or footballers are just freak of nature extremely gifted and compesated with certain natural ability....the others xan spend all their lives and training sessions trying to attain what nature gave to them...i wish such good luck as they wear themselves out.

All Ndidi need to do is adjust to the pace of EPL, and this he will do with more games. He is still young and still has a lot of development to do.

There are some games you exert yourself so much ,you might tire more than others. For Leicester players yesterday's game was not a normal game, it was like a final match, they came out to make a statement. I wont be surprised if they revert to old form in their next game. They pushed themselves real hard, was not surprised Ndidi tired out....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

So you would say that Kante is like Ramires?

He really is a freak of nature?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Ndidi is one Nigerian player since he came into the scene his profile is steadily rising, Unlike most Nigerian players as soon as they come to limelight or noticed everybody will be expecting bigger things from them next thing they will completely flattened out or regress
Last edited by bully12 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ndidi is a stare for SE and ROHR knows it. He has given the coaching staff no option but to start him, they'll have to change their strategy or whatever they have to do to accommodate him.

If they play Mikel as a AM then one of onazi or Etebo will have to sit. No doubt about it. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tbite wrote:So you would say that Kante is like Ramires?

He really is a freak of nature?
Stamina wise he is .....i have played with guys who just run all day. Some of these guys dont even train and aome of them heavy smokers!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Ndidi, Uche Agbo, Esiti onazi Ugo and Mikel all good and decent with ball winning – but what they do when in possession makes them great -as long as we don’t have static midfield – like the days of Etuhu Olofinjana, and Kaita - less duplicate of role pls

Etebo and Nwakali midfielders with bright eyes for goals and creativity –YES PLS :thumbs:
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Mikel is to Nigeria what Wayne Rooney is to England at the moment. Very good player, captain and most experienced but does not fit in anywhere. Ideally Ndidi and Onazi can and should both play together as holding midfielders with a 'number 10' in front of them. Against Algeria, even though I expected Etebo to play in the number 10 role, I was surprised he played deeper than Mikel. It is clear now that Mikel is neither a number 10 nor a holding midfielder. He is somewhere inbetween. Personally, I feel it is either Etebo or Mikel that should be left out to accommodate Ndidi and not Onazi. Mikel is the most experienced and also captain so I doubt Rohr will drop him and to be honest we need his experience for the remaining games. Etebo was brilliant against Algeria (even though he played out of position). This should be a tough one for Rohr.
yes o