What happened here?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Godfather
Egg
Egg
What happened here?

Post by Godfather »

“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What happened here?

Post by Kabalega »

Torres knocked out from the back of the head. He was out before he even hit the ground.
Looks like he got whiplash too.

He is in hospital now. I hope he bounces back.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

That was scary! :shock:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Football is more dangerous than Rugby.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sir V wrote:Football is more dangerous than Rugby.
To which one replies, watch more rugby. All sports that put the body in a prolonged state of exertion carry an element of risk. Competition and the quest for honours adds to that. Torres will recover and certainly attack the next cross whipped into the box. Danger is arbitrary, he has a higher chance of winning than suffering serious injury.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...looks like he was not aware of the defender behind him, hence the bigger, stronger and aggressive defender plowed in with force shocking Torres, and jolting him. The way he fell indicate he was knocked out instantly like a boxer will connect on an unsuspecting opponent.
A buddy of mine got knocked out like this back in secondary school at Abakpa Nike football grounds. Back then medics and ambulance were in attendant. Nigeria was good then.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

mcal wrote:...looks like he was not aware of the defender behind him, hence the bigger, stronger and aggressive defender plowed in with force shocking Torres, and jolting him. The way he fell indicate he was knocked out instantly like a boxer will connect on an unsuspecting opponent.
A buddy of mine got knocked out like this back in secondary school at Abakpa Nike football grounds. Back then medics and ambulance were in attendant. Nigeria was good then.
60s?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

He's out of the hospital
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cito wrote:
mcal wrote:...looks like he was not aware of the defender behind him, hence the bigger, stronger and aggressive defender plowed in with force shocking Torres, and jolting him. The way he fell indicate he was knocked out instantly like a boxer will connect on an unsuspecting opponent.
60s?
...probably, after all oyinbos still dey for Nigeria then.
In the 70s vestiges of colonial life still remained in the country.
Yeah there were medics at the secondary school football match.
I wasn't aware, but they showed up asap, as the guy hit the patched field.
He was attempting a bicycle kick with goal post right behind him, and this defender under cut him making him to land awkward.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote:
Cito wrote:
60s?
...probably, after all oyinbos still dey for Nigeria then.
In the 70s vestiges of colonial life still remained in the country.
Yeah there were medics at the secondary school football match.
I wasn't aware, but they showed up asap, as the guy hit the patched field.
He was attempting a bicycle kick with goal post right behind him, and this defender under cut him making him to land awkward.
Got to be the 70s. Cricket was the most popular sport in Naija in the 60s.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu