Nkoulou withdraws from Cameroon duty

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nkoulou withdraws from Cameroon duty

Post by truetalk »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39130448

Not reading too much into this. He scored the equalizer vs Egypt, but he only came into the match in the first half due to an injury to the starter. Also, if they really need him, he might come back.

Anyway, I believe we will take 4 or 6 points off Cameroon in the qualifiers.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nkoulou withdraws from Cameroon duty

Post by pajimoh »

Africa Cup of Nations-winning Cameroon defender Nicolas Nkoulou is taking a break from international football.

The 26-year-old scored in the Nations Cup final with a powerful header, helping his side to beat Egypt 2-1.

Nkoulou has made 74 appearances for the Indomitable Lions and is a former captain of the team.

"After winning the Africa Cup of Nations, I have a sense of having accomplished my duty for country," he told the Foot Mercato website.

"Since the beginning of my career, defending the colours of my country has always guided my steps. This mission has always constituted a motivating factor and one of my priorities.

"This decision has been difficult to take and I considered the advantages and disadvantages before arriving at a conclusion."

However, he hinted he would return to the national team, adding: "A lion never dies."
So all the ones hanging on walls as trophies and used a rugs dey sleep or they are made from plastic? msshhhhewww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He'll be back in time for the SE game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He'll be back in time for the SE game.
Nope. He doesn't want to play qualifiers.

He will be back for the Confederations and the World Cup. :tic:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

truetalk wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39130448

Not reading too much into this. He scored the equalizer vs Egypt, but he only came into the match in the first half due to an injury to the starter. Also, if they really need him, he might come back.

Let me get this straight. The likes of Aubamayang and Sane could not beat this Cameroon team, but you believe that Musa and chop will? :lol:
The likes of Clinton and Aboubakar have been finding the net on the weekly bases since returning from ANC.
Okay oh. Time will tell.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He probably will return but it just shows that he can pick and choose to play when ever and when his replacement is told to sit on the bench because he has returned or he has to sit on the bench because the guy who replaced him is on form we'll see how things go!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kabalega wrote:

Yeah the 2022 edition.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bamenda boy wrote:

Let me get this straight. The likes of Aubamayang and Sane could not beat this Cameroon team, but you believe that Musa and chop will? :lol:
The likes of Clinton and Aboubakar have been finding the net on the weekly bases since returning from ANC.
Okay oh. Time will tell.
Cameroon did well to win the Afcon,remember they only won 3 games in 90 minutes and got to the Semifinals in a tight penalty shootout,playing Nigeria away first will decide their fate as they are not in pole position!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bret- hart wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Yeah the 2022 edition.
Is that the one with more slots? Thank God for Infantino, otherwise nah grandpapa im for be, bifor he knack ball again.

As for this World Cup, make e waka rish im nearest home theatre store.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bamenda boy wrote:

Okay oh. Time will tell.
Yeah get it straight. Don't expect us to be panicking because you won the afcon. What did you do against Algeria and Zambia? Afcon is played on neutral ground and qualifiers is not. You also think your form will hold and you'll just come back as if you never left afcon?
I don't care what Aubameyang could or couldn't do.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bamenda boy wrote:

Okay oh. Time will tell.
Will Musa even start for us? Well the thing about Nigeria is that we have strength in all positions, so that is what beats you. Unlike other African sides that are imbalanced.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tbite wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:

Okay oh. Time will tell.
Will Musa even start for us? Well the thing about Nigeria is that we have strength in all positions, so that is what beats you. Unlike other African sides that are imbalanced.
:thumb: Musa knows he won't start let alone what some Cameroonian or Kenyan thinks!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Get this straight,

By the time you meet Naija, you will be confused because those troublemakers will be back to demand their shirt from the boys that won you the ANC. Your team spirit will be killed. You will come with a new coach as Hugo go don go!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
bamenda boy wrote:

Okay oh. Time will tell.