Insinuation on Those Behind Rohr's Invitation....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Insinuation on Those Behind Rohr's Invitation....

Post by Enugu II »

Read this with extreme caution as it appears to be from a 'disgruntled' Technical Committee member and thus the veracity of the claim is arguable. However, it seems the unnamed member is insinuating that Jonathan Akpoborire and Tunde Adelakun are wielding power behind the scene. Read on:
The Men Behind The Names In Gernot Rohr’s 25 Man List Unmasked
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/07/th ... -unmasked/

Gernot Rohr is a gentle man, a very focused coach and a man that has direction. His coming has brought back our lost smiles but two men, Jonathan Akpos and Tunde Ade-what? are his very close confidants and together, they are gradually leading him astray.

Behind every Nigerian coach living or dead, there is always the hatchet men, whose job it is to identity the talents and bring them to the notice of the coaches. Some go the extra length to discuss with the players and tidy up those lose ends. Some of these hatchet men are always seen around the team camp, they eat and sleep in the players hotel, go to training with them and also join them in morning devotions.

From the days of Clemens Westerhof to Sunday Oliseh and later Samson Siasia, these hatchet men have existed. Some move always with a big bag on their back, others will prefer to operate from afar just to stay away from public scrutiny.

It is no longer news that one Mr Tunde Adela-what? was the brain behind Gernot Rohr’s coming to Nigeria, neither is it news that he got his fair share in the deal that brought the Franco German to Nigeria. What is news however is that this young man who is always seen around the Super Eagles camp whenever the players are around, now have an overbearing influence on team selection and is gradually usurping the duties of the NFF technical committee.

Just yesterday, I spoke with a member of the technical committee of the NFF who told me in clear terms that of the seven names suggested by the committee for the friendly matches against Senegal and Burkina Faso, only one made the final list of 25. ” Wale you see there are things we will not like to say to the media. It is just a friendly match we all know but methought such games should be used to test those players on the fringes not some rookies and some injured players who have nothing to offer in the long run. But we have decided not to interface, we can only make suggestions when requested for. We suggested about seven names to Rohr for these friendlies in London, but only one was picked”

Apart from Tunde, another Nigerian who as at last year was an analyst with a Cable TV network in Lagos has been fingered in this latest racket. Step forward Jona Akpos. Immediately Gernot Rohr got the Super Eagles coaching job, he consulted the German FA to inform them of his new assignment and to request for assistance where necessary.

The FA immediately went to work and provided him with a list of former Nigerian internationals who at one time or the other played in the German Bundesliga. From this list, Rohr picked Jona and saddled him with the responsibility of scouting for Nigerian players in Europe for possible National call ups. Since he got this new job, Jona has been on the move looking for talents across Europe.

His search has helped to unearth two rookies, in Tyrone Ebuehi of ADO Den Haag of Holland and Noah Joel Bazee who plays in the German second division with Hannover 96. Both players are in their early 20s, have no previous national team experience and have never seen the green grass of home in their life time.

There are others in the list like, Ahmed Musa who comes in and out of the Leicester team, Musa Mohammed who is yet to kick a ball for his new club FC Zeicheznicker of Bosnia and Victor Osimhen who is still recuperating from injury with Wolfsburg of Germany.

Not to forget William Troost Ekong who has become a perpetual bench warmer at KAA Gent of Belgium.nNow, there are four Nigerians at KAA Gent, two of them, Moses Simon and Anderson Esiti play regularly while Ekong and Rabiu Ibrahim are unused substitutes. Coincidentally, Troost and Simon were invited while a very fit Esiti was left out. What can we call that?

In the Portuguese League, Chidozie Awaziem of FC Porto was invited ahead of Michael Agu of Victoria Setubal. Agu has emerged man of the match four times this season with Setubal, he plays week in week out, whereas, Awaziem was only recently relegated to the youth team of FC Porto where he has remained a key player for them in the second division in Portugal . unused . The surprising thing is that Awaziem a defensive midfielder is always listed as a defender by these men to cover up their dubious intentions . What can we say about this one too?

Former Flying Eagles captain Kelechi Nwakali is in superb form for MVV Maastricht of Holland, he plays from the middle every other week and has emerged as one of the stars of the league this season but he was left out of a team that lacks creative flair in the absence of Mikel Obi. Instead, they went for some untested and uncircumcised rookies.

In the attack, the regulars, Odion Ighalo and Brown Ideye are out after penning new deals in China but in comes Ahmed Musa( the Leicester City flop) Victor Osimhen (injured ) and Noah Joel Bazee of Hannover 96, who has scored just one goal in 16 matches this season. These men were picked ahead of Henry Onyekuru and Kayode Olarenwaju, two of the hottest Nigerian strikers in Europe presently. Kayode was voted the best striker in Austria last season and is back among the scorers for Austria Wien this season. There is God ooooh!

Wale Ajayi ( Media Officer of Nigeria U-20) Writes In From Abuja.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: Insinuation on Those Behind Rohr's Invitation....

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Its Rohr's regime.

How Rohr conducts his invitations is his business. Whom Rohr invites is his business.
Questions concerning Rohr must be asked prior to his appointment...Once appointed, its his regime to manage as he deems fit...

The only consideration now is to make Rohr to understand that he shall be held fully accountable for performance...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The bad belle that turned us into one of the poorest nations on earth has started. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Its a damn friendly for goodness sake... when are you expected to try out new players?? Rohr has shown that he is not shy from dropping players that aren't performing...Everyone will get their chance. Lets just hope that those people are touting live up to their billing ...the same fans will be unforgiving
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Some very valid points raised in the article. Some of the invitations are indeed baffling. It's a friendly game, yes, but it would be nice to see a reward based call up system of even the fringe players. Esiti. Nwakali. Onyekuru. Lookman. Kayode. All of those guys have merited the shirt ahead of some of the guys listed.

Anyway, make I siddon dey look.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bushboy wrote:Some very valid points raised in the article. Some of the invitations are indeed baffling. It's a friendly game, yes, but it would be nice to see a reward based call up system of even the fringe players. Esiti. Nwakali. Onyekuru. Lookman. Kayode. All of those guys have merited the shirt ahead of some of the guys listed.

Anyway, make I siddon dey look.
Has Lookman decided to play for Nigeria?
I am happy
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Only Onyekuru and to an extent Nwakali can say they have a case based on form.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

WOW! I read the article and said to myself: "In am sure the first or the second reply has taken care of this article." Only to scroll down and no one has. Cybereages is falling down heavily and fast!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Ugbowo wrote:Only Onyekuru and to an extent Nwakali can say they have a case based on form.
My guy! Every player I have listed has a claim based on form. Lets keep it real. At least, a better case than some others on the list for sure.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
Just yesterday, I spoke with a member of the technical committee of the NFF who told me in clear terms that of the seven names suggested by the committee for the friendly matches against Senegal and Burkina Faso, only one made the final list of 25. ” Wale you see there are things we will not like to say to the media. It is just a friendly match we all know but methought such games should be used to test those players on the fringes not some rookies and some injured players who have nothing to offer in the long run. But we have decided not to interface, we can only make suggestions when requested for. We suggested about seven names to Rohr for these friendlies in London, but only one was picked”
When it was Keshi, Siasia or Oliseh, they were able to force the "7" players down their throats! Now, its a white man, they are running to news paper to complain! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It reminds me of the man who always complains that his wife does not put enough salt in the food. And then he divorces her and goes to marry a super model who now refuses to cook at all. Now, he is going to complain in secret to his neighbors. Coward! You wanted a white man?Oya! Carry your white man on your head. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The FA immediately went to work and provided him with a list of former Nigerian internationals who at one time or the other played in the German Bundesliga. From this list, Rohr picked Jona and saddled him with the responsibility of scouting for Nigerian players in Europe for possible National call ups. Since he got this new job, Jona has been on the move looking for talents across Europe

I expect this is important. A coach should have a scout that assists with locating talent.
His search has helped to unearth two rookies, in Tyrone Ebuehi of ADO Den Haag of Holland and Noah Joel Bazee who plays in the German second division with Hannover 96. Both players are in their early 20s, have no previous national team experience and have never seen the green grass of home in their life time.
No comment on whether they are good enough? or whether the national team needs their skill set?
There are others in the list like, Ahmed Musa who comes in and out of the Leicester team, Musa Mohammed who is yet to kick a ball for his new club FC Zeicheznicker of Bosnia and Victor Osimhen who is still recuperating from injury with Wolfsburg of Germany.
I am not a fan of Musa and I think Musa Mohammed does not deserve a call up. However, is it normal for a coach to want to keep stability while building his team?
Not to forget William Troost Ekong who has become a perpetual bench warmer at KAA Gent of Belgium.nNow, there are four Nigerians at KAA Gent, two of them, Moses Simon and Anderson Esiti play regularly while Ekong and Rabiu Ibrahim are unused substitutes. Coincidentally, Troost and Simon were invited while a very fit Esiti was left out. What can we call that?
Well I can tell you what we can call that -- Troost is a defender and the brainless simon is a forward. Esiti is NOT competing with either of them.

Personally, I'd go with Kalu instead of Simon. Because i think Simon is as dumb as Musa. However, that will makeme very irresponsible, as I have NEVER watched Kalu play, and I am basing my argument on youtube videos.

Finally, is it possible that with important games coming, as above, the coach has decided to consolidate his main team?
In the Portuguese League, Chidozie Awaziem of FC Porto was invited ahead of Michael Agu of Victoria Setubal. Agu has emerged man of the match four times this season with Setubal, he plays week in week out, whereas, Awaziem was only recently relegated to the youth team of FC Porto where he has remained a key player for them in the second division in Portugal . unused . The surprising thing is that Awaziem a defensive midfielder is always listed as a defender by these men to cover up their dubious intentions . What can we say about this one too?
You can lie to yourself all you want, we KNOW Awaziem is a Defender and Agu is a midfielder.

Former Flying Eagles captain Kelechi Nwakali is in superb form for MVV Maastricht of Holland, he plays from the middle every other week and has emerged as one of the stars of the league this season but he was left out of a team that lacks creative flair in the absence of Mikel Obi. Instead, they went for some untested and uncircumcised rookies.
I do NOT know for a fact whether any of the players are uncircumcised. The writer will have to remove pubic hair from his smelly mouth, and then inform us of that fact. What I do know is that:

1. the midfielders invited (Shehu, Onazi, Ogu, Ndidi, Etebo) are not "untested"

2. We havent seen the game to know whether the players selected will lack creative flair. One can argue that the midfielders are not that creative, but a coach may choose to develop creativity further forward with Iheanacho, success, Iwobi etc
In the attack, the regulars, Odion Ighalo and Brown Ideye are out after penning new deals in China but in comes Ahmed Musa( the Leicester City flop) Victor Osimhen (injured ) and Noah Joel Bazee of Hannover 96, who has scored just one goal in 16 matches this season. These men were picked ahead of Henry Onyekuru and Kayode Olarenwaju, two of the hottest Nigerian strikers in Europe presently. Kayode was voted the best striker in Austria last season and is back among the scorers for Austria Wien this season. There is God ooooh
It is true that there is "God oooooh", and honestly, I am not a fan of Musa and I will definitely have brought in Onyekuru ahead of the moron simon.
Wale Ajayi ( Media Officer of Nigeria U-20) Writes In From Abuja.
Interesting.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Wolfsburg Osimhen Undergoes Surgery , Ruled Out Of Super Eagles Friendlies
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/07/wo ... riendlies/

According to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com Victor Osimhen has been ruled out of the Super Eagles friendly games against Senegal and Burkina Faso later in the month.

The 18 year underwent surgery in Germany and will now miss 12 weeks, which effectively rules him out of the season and also any national team assignment for same period of time .

His inclusion in the list of 25 players caused a whole lot of controversy as he is yet to make his professional debut for German side Wolfsburg since his transfer became official few months ago.

He has suffered so many injury setback, the club was left with no option but to make him go under the knife in a bid to find a permanent solution to his injury problems.

A replacement is yet to be called up for him by coach Gernot Rohr who has been told about the injury suffered by the top scorer at the last U-17 World Youth Championship in Chile.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Some of these hatchet men are always seen around the team camp, they eat and sleep in the players hotel,
go to training with them and also join them in morning devotions.
My take on the report is that we should let our hired cooks do their work.
No need hovering around the kitchen, making suggestions on how much salt, pepper, or 'maggi'
need be added to the soup.

BTW, with regards the highlighted, what kind of 'morning devotions' are required on
a national team if the country is supposed to be secular? That part needs be left to
individual choice. No need for group prayers.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dem don start o
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

joao wrote:
Some of these hatchet men are always seen around the team camp, they eat and sleep in the players hotel,
go to training with them and also join them in morning devotions.
My take on the report is that we should let our hired cooks do their work.
No need hovering around the kitchen, making suggestions on how much salt, pepper, or 'maggi'
need be added to the soup.

BTW, with regards the highlighted, what kind of 'morning devotions' are required on
a national team if the country is supposed to be secular? That part needs be left to
individual choice.
No need for group prayers.
Have you considered that some individual choices may exercised their choice to be part of a group prayer?
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!