Henry Onyekuru Or Ademola Lookman ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
Henry Onyekuru Or Ademola Lookman ?

Post by Pavarotti »

With Henry Onyekuru’s Dazzling Form Does Nigeria Need Ademola Lookman?

Henry Onyekuru’s profile continues to rise as he continues his impressive season in Belgium. In our pursuit of another 19 year old talent have we not swept a more reachable option under the radar?

http://www.soccerassembly.com/henry-ony ... a-lookman/
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Henry Onyekuru Or Ademola Lookman ?

Post by DAgrin »

Somehow I believe that Onyekuru is overrated.
The Belgian League has seen many 'superstars' that fell over the radar straight after.
RB Leipzig's manager recently stated he is not interested in Oneykuru at all - stated it was all just rumors.
I believe that Ademola Lookman is the much more interesting prospect.
Even in the Belgian League I rate Samuel Kalu higher.
He is a very clever player - I don't understand why he did not get the nod over Moses Simon who I actually like as a player.
At least to demonstrate him that he has to show more to be re-considered.

I see a flaw in Rohr's selection.
Like many German coaches he likes consistency. Something many nigerian coaches unfortunately don't know.
But when your players feel to sure and don't fear competition that can be counter-productive.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

DAgrin wrote:Somehow I believe that Onyekuru is overrated.
The Belgian League has seen many 'superstars' that fell over the radar straight after.
RB Leipzig's manager recently stated he is not interested in Oneykuru at all - stated it was all just rumors.
He is a very clever player - I don't understand why he did not get the nod over Moses Simon who I actually like as a player.

Like many German coaches he likes consistency. Something many nigerian coaches unfortunately don't know.
But when your players feel to sure and don't fear competition that can be counter-productive.
ROHR likes consistency probably because he hasn't had a friendly game to fully weigh his options , he has coached 3 competitive games with no room for error. Yeah! I'd go for consistency too. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

both
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:both

Abi? After all, we are not Wenger who cannot have both Ozil and Fabregas.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:both

Abi? After all, we are not Wenger who cannot have both Ozil and Fabregas.
Dis Wenger thing dey pain you eh? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

But of course when Keshi was repeatedly calling up Babatunde...
Or Siasia was calling up Amuzie, don't recall any WOWO crooning about "consistency"! :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Obviously Onyekuru is ahead of Lookman, simply because he has performed against adults and dominated them. Lookman has yet to prove the same. Whether or not Lookman will be better remains to be seem. But Onyekuru is an upgrade on Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. Much more intelligent player, although I agree Samuel Kalu looks like even more cerebral.

Hard to say which one will have the best career, but Onyekuru obviously is in front right now.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Onyekuru the more seasoned clearly, been doing it for close to 2 seasons. Practically brought Eupen into the first division with his goals, and kept them alive with it.
Lookman the more natural winger, and could have more ceiling to grow. Having both isn't a sin, the stronger our squad, the more competitive one is.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I'm surprised Onyekuru wasn't called up ahead of Fred Friday.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Dagrin why do you rate Kalu higher than Onyekeru? Also Simon seems to get more playing time at Gent than Kalu?

What we've been lacking for a while now are wingers than can cross and deliver a good final ball. Although Simon does deliver better balls/crosses than Musa, he still needs some improvement in that area. I haven't seen enough of Kalu to conclude that he is better than Simon.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lookman's immediate priority along with the likes of Aina, Tomori, Abraham is the 2017 U20 WC in South Korea with England. Shame we did not qualify as it would have been interesting to see our boys square up with these players we are making overtures to After that tournament, the boys will be in a better position to make a decision concerning their international future. When we qualify for the WC, I see a lot of these boys pledging their allegiance to Nigeria but is it fair?
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:Lookman's immediate priority along with the likes of Aina, Tomori, Abraham is the 2017 U20 WC in South Korea with England. Shame we did not qualify as it would have been interesting to see our boys square up with these players we are making overtures to After that tournament, the boys will be in a better position to make a decision concerning their international future. When we qualify for the WC, I see a lot of these boys pledging their allegiance to Nigeria but is it fair?
If they are the best option in their position then why not, if we picking an Ameobi then hell naw! We should put out the best team we can offer regardless of feelings or emotions.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

??
So I guess Lookman is playing against kids in the EPL, right?
Very funny.
marutimon wrote:Obviously Onyekuru is ahead of Lookman, simply because he has performed against adults and dominated them. Lookman has yet to prove the same. Whether or not Lookman will be better remains to be seem. But Onyekuru is an upgrade on Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. Much more intelligent player, although I agree Samuel Kalu looks like even more cerebral.

Hard to say which one will have the best career, but Onyekuru obviously is in front right now.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Otitokoro wrote:??
So I guess Lookman is playing against kids in the EPL, right?
Very funny.
marutimon wrote:Obviously Onyekuru is ahead of Lookman, simply because he has performed against adults and dominated them. Lookman has yet to prove the same. Whether or not Lookman will be better remains to be seem. But Onyekuru is an upgrade on Ahmed Musa and Moses Simon. Much more intelligent player, although I agree Samuel Kalu looks like even more cerebral.

Lookman has a bit part role with a total of 243 minutes of EPL football and one goal to his name, meanwhile Onyekuru has almost 2700 minutes of football this top division football this season with 14 goals and 7 assists.

The comparison between Lookman and Onyekuru is the same as between Iheanacho and Gabriel Jesus. One was experienced playing against adult opposition, the other was not. One has proven he can be the focal point and key player for his club, the other has yet to prove the same.