Russian MP offers solution to hooligan violence

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Russian MP offers solution to hooligan violence

Post by Man Ataye »

Russian MP offers solution to hooligan violence: make it a spectator sport

MOSCOW (AP) — A Russian lawmaker has proposed an unorthodox solution to the country’s problems with soccer hooliganism ahead of next year’s World Cup — legalize it and make it a spectator sport.

Organized groups of Russian fans, many with martial arts training, fought English fans on the streets of Marseille during last year’s European Championship.

That inspired Igor Lebedev, who sits in the Russian parliament, to draw up rules for what he calls “draka,” the Russian word for “fight” — 20 fighters on each side, unarmed, in an arena.

In a statement on the website of the nationalist LDPR party, Lebedev said organized brawls “could turn fans’ aggression in a peaceful direction.” He also claimed it would serve as an “example” for English fans, who he characterized as undisciplined louts and poor fighters.

Some fan groups in Russia already hold illicit fights along similar lines, typically pre-arranged mass brawls in rural locations, away from police. A Russian Premier League game on Saturday between CSKA Moscow and Zenit St. Petersburg was marred by clashes between small groups of rival fans who fought one another and tried to break through a security fence.

It isn’t the first time Lebedev has courted controversy with his views on hooligans. He hailed the violence in Marseille last year, telling Russian fans: “Well done lads, keep it up!”

Besides his parliamentary duties as deputy speaker, Lebedev is also on the board of the Russian Football Union. He’s a longtime associate of fan leader Alexander Shprygin, who was deported from France last year following the Marseille violence. Two board members of an organization run by Shprygin were given prison sentences.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/socce ... -1.2989296
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: Russian MP offers solution to hooligan violence

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

He has a point.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Gudo wrote:He has a point.
:woot: :rotf: :rotf:
I love Russian politicians. They take a very direct and practical approach. The opposing fans should fight at half time and I can guarantee the problem of empty seats at football stadia will be gone

I hope this is trialed soon :thumbs: Africa will have its only realistic chance of winning something
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Samora Machel wrote:
I love Russian politicians. They take a very direct and practical approach. Tne opposkng fans should fight at half time and I can guarantee the problem of empty seats at football stadia will be gone

I hope this is trialed soon :thumbs: Africa will have its only realistic chance of winning something

The Hooligans are going to fight anyhow so it might as well be done in a sanctioned and organised way. I propose the fights are done directly before the actual football match.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Gudo wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
I love Russian politicians. They take a very direct and practical approach. Tne opposkng fans should fight at half time and I can guarantee the problem of empty seats at football stadia will be gone

The Hooligans are going to fight anyhow so it might as well be done in a sanctioned and organised way. I propose the fights are done j before the actual football match.
:rotf: :rotf: :thumbs:
Instead of the boring entertainment before teams come out the pitch should be given to these fighters. That would set the mood nicely for the match
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Man Ataye wrote:Russian MP offers solution to hooligan violence: make it a spectator sport

MOSCOW (AP) — A Russian lawmaker has proposed an unorthodox solution to the country’s problems with soccer hooliganism ahead of next year’s World Cup — legalize it and make it a spectator sport.

Organized groups of Russian fans, many with martial arts training, fought English fans on the streets of Marseille during last year’s European Championship.

That inspired Igor Lebedev, who sits in the Russian parliament, to draw up rules for what he calls “draka,” the Russian word for “fight” — 20 fighters on each side, unarmed, in an arena.

In a statement on the website of the nationalist LDPR party, Lebedev said organized brawls “could turn fans’ aggression in a peaceful direction.” He also claimed it would serve as an “example” for English fans, who he characterized as undisciplined louts and poor fighters.

Some fan groups in Russia already hold illicit fights along similar lines, typically pre-arranged mass brawls in rural locations, away from police. A Russian Premier League game on Saturday between CSKA Moscow and Zenit St. Petersburg was marred by clashes between small groups of rival fans who fought one another and tried to break through a security fence.

It isn’t the first time Lebedev has courted controversy with his views on hooligans. He hailed the violence in Marseille last year, telling Russian fans: “Well done lads, keep it up!”

Besides his parliamentary duties as deputy speaker, Lebedev is also on the board of the Russian Football Union. He’s a longtime associate of fan leader Alexander Shprygin, who was deported from France last year following the Marseille violence. Two board members of an organization run by Shprygin were given prison sentences.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/socce ... -1.2989296
Yes of course, why not also issue some armor, swords and release a few lions into the Arena for entertainment. Afterall, its not as if humanity has not stooped this low to this level of barbarity in the past, abi?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it