Congratulations UEFAlona

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Congratulations UEFAlona

Post by Cristao II »

For me, Neymar shouldnt have been on the pitch after kicking the PSG player off the ball and in anger.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:List of some of Barcelona opponents awarded red cards over the years in Champions League

Name: Robin van Persie
Team: Arsenal
Stage: Last-16 second leg
When: Mar 2011 Score prior to red card: 1-1 (Arsenal winning 3-2 agg) Final score: Barca win 3-1 (4-3 agg)
What happened: Two bookable offences

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... riker.html
was this the game where rvp got sent off for kicking the ball away?

i wanted Arse to lose, but that call was pure BS

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:List of some of Barcelona opponents awarded red cards over the years in Champions League

When: Mar 2011 Score prior to red card: 1-1 (Arsenal winning 3-2 agg) Final score: Barca win 3-1 (4-3 agg)

That's the one.
And there was not too much outcry, we just enjoyed watching Arsenal getting stuffed and we moved on.
In the end i think Barcelona won the final that season.
But they were literally out had the game with Arsenal continued normally.

It's like we are now conditioned to seeing Barcelona getting favourable decisions because we either hate their opponents on the day or we simply love their general football a lot.
And maybe we don't realise it. I had to jog myself out of that PSG victory euphoria and start afresh :rotf:
Last edited by benteke on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Yeah, that red was truely absurd...
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:

That's the one.
And there was not too much outcry, we just enjoyed watching Arsenal getting stuffed and we moved on.
In the end i think Barcelona won the final that season.
But they were literally out had the game with Arsenal continued normally.

It's like we are now conditioned to seeing Barcelona getting favourable decisions because we either hate their opponents on the day or we simply love their general football a lot.
And maybe we don't realise it. I had to jog myself out of that PSG victory euphoria and start afresh :rotf:
I hear you. You know the way Bt sports commentators all celebrated in the studio when barca got the winner really left a very sour taste in my mouth. Now if commentators are so openly biased like this one wonders about the referees.

I used to be a die hard Barcelona fan but the coming of Guardiola and his win at all costs slowly turned me away. Thee barcelona of Rijkaard wasn't quite as dorminant but they had a certain class s d respectability about them. I dont remember Dinho diving all ovrr the place or barcelona players harassing the referee
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

tfco you should be a headline writer for the tabloids here in her Majesty's isles. The term "UEFAlona" sums up in one word the shady business the world witnessed on Wednesday night. I wonder how much money exchanged hands.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Gudo wrote:tfco you should be a headline writer for the tabloids here in her Majesty's isles. The term "UEFAlona" sums up in one word the shady business the world witnessed on Wednesday night. I wonder how much money exchanged hands.
Funny enough I saw NOTHING WRONG with the PSG match.

Bartha played, PSG crumbled. Ref had no impact on the outcome.

If (big if) the ref influenced the outcome in the final 5 minutes, then football is fixed in a very sophisticated way.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: