Congratulations UEFAlona

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MENTAL STRENGTH

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:Those of you who have read my comments know that one of my biggest pet peeves and criticisms of many teams is mental weakness. Personally, i dont care for barcelona, but I am happy they won because it teaches those who do not understand the importance of mental strength in football. That, for me, is one of the most important part of being successful in this game.

Many of Barcelona's players are winners. They know how to win. They have tasted it before and they know how to taste it anytime they want.

What was more telling to me was not that Barca were able to come back after losing 4-0. What spoke volume was when Cavani scored, that could have completely dismantled 98% of the teams in this world. But this Barca looked at defeat in the face and they saoid "foook you!" That cavani goal was noting to them. They didnt breath it, they didnt recognize it and they didnt pay attention to it. They simply realized that their mission had changed. "We now have to score 3!" Simple as that! AND THEY WENT AND THEY FOOOKING SCORED THREE!

THAT IS MENTAL STRENGTH! And that is the kind of football i respect. I support only Nigeria nowadays, and only because I am a nigerian. If not, I wouldnt support any team. I dont know how to deal with losers! I love teams that go out with a mission to assassinate and they fooking do it!

This is what football is to me! ice cold! No pussssy footing! No mental collapse like many teams we see week in, week out!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

According to Rafa Benitez, a man I know is dear to your heart :winking: , at the highest level, the difference between players is not technical, it is the mentality.

This is a subject I have addressed over the years wrt African players; to much criticism I might add...:

http://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2016/ ... l-you.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Congratulations UEFAlona

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:vincent

Undie

ChICken

Yujam

mental

and the silent ones....ojoro or not, that was a heck of a comeback

Lmao.. so ive left Arsenal and City and entered Barcelona :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ok oh. Thanks for the congrats WE are beyond egggzited :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

If you are defending against Barcelona and one of your defenders slip, on his way down, Barcelona's forwards will deliberately run into him and claim a penalty. Neymar did it yesterday among his frequent ugly dives. As for Suarez's dive for the 2nd penalty, it was easily predicted while the ball was in the air. While PSG was incredibly poor, Barcelona remains bad for football. On field blocks on moves like you have in basketball, diving everywhere at the slightest touch with their players rushing to harrass referees while the crowd scream blue murder, Barcelona really is the ugly side of football that we all hate to see. If you must win, win fair and square not by cheating. For our sake, we hope a proper team like Bayern, Real or Juventus hits them hard and knocks them out. Useless team! :boo: :boo:
Last edited by Goldleaf on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

oloye wrote:I am not Barca fan, the only reason i bothered to watch the highlights was to look for a reason to join the chorus that they cheated....i could not believe the school boy defending i saw from the les female pussycats from Paris. Both penas were as legit as euro being a legit currency in europe.
U crazy.
Football is a contact sport. Touching your opponent does not constitute a foul. Suarez dived and should have gotten a second yellow. How anyone can claim differently is beyond me. The defender didn't even push him.

The first penalty: The defender falls over, so Neymar decides to fall over the defender. That was cynical, a calculated move by the immoral Neymar and effectively a dive. No sane referee would have fallen for that.

As to the third goal that wasn't legit: marginal offside on the 6th goal and it was scored in the 6th minute of 5 minutes of extra time in a game with little to no stoppages. Absurd.
Last edited by marutimon on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Goldleaf wrote:If you are defending against Barcelona and one of your defenders slip, on his way down, Barcelona's forwards will deliberately run into him and claim a penalty. Neymar did it yesterday among his frequent ugly dives. As for Suarez's dive for the 2nd penalty, it was easily predicted while the ball was in the air. While PSG was incredibly poor, Barcelona remains bad for football. On field blocks on moves like you have in basketball, diving everywhere at the slightest touch with their players rushing to harrass referees while the crowd scream blue murder, Barcelona really is the ugly side of football that we all hate to see. If you must win, win fair and square not by cheating. For our sake, we hope a proper team like Bayern, Real or Juventus hits them hard and knocks them out. Useless team! :boo: :boo:
I second that.
They always seem to win by useless the most underhanded tactics ever.
The cannibal Luis Suarez fits Barcelona like a glove. The most despicable footballing team of the modern era.
db10
Egg
Egg
Re: Who just saw the miracle in Barcalona?

Post by db10 »

marutimon wrote:What's the fuss?

The ref scored two of the six goals out of nothing and the final goal was scored in the 6th minute of ET - which again - was conjured up from thin air, because there were no long breaks in play.

Ergo half of the goals were stolen. People seem to be euphoric, but it was a perfect UEFAlona steal.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MENTAL STRENGTH

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Those of you who have read my comments know that one of my biggest pet peeves and criticisms of many teams is mental weakness. Personally, i dont care for barcelona, but I am happy they won because it teaches those who do not understand the importance of mental strength in football. That, for me, is one of the most important part of being successful in this game.

Many of Barcelona's players are winners. They know how to win. They have tasted it before and they know how to taste it anytime they want.

What was more telling to me was not that Barca were able to come back after losing 4-0. What spoke volume was when Cavani scored, that could have completely dismantled 98% of the teams in this world. But this Barca looked at defeat in the face and they saoid "foook you!" That cavani goal was noting to them. They didnt breath it, they didnt recognize it and they didnt pay attention to it. They simply realized that their mission had changed. "We now have to score 3!" Simple as that! AND THEY WENT AND THEY FOOOKING SCORED THREE!

THAT IS MENTAL STRENGTH! And that is the kind of football i respect. I support only Nigeria nowadays, and only because I am a nigerian. If not, I wouldnt support any team. I dont know how to deal with losers! I love teams that go out with a mission to assassinate and they fooking do it!

This is what football is to me! ice cold! No pussssy footing! No mental collapse like many teams we see week in, week out!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

According to Rafa Benitez, a man I know is dear to your heart :winking: , at the highest level, the difference between players is not technical, it is the mentality.

This is a subject I have addressed over the years wrt African players; to much criticism I might add...:

http://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2016/ ... l-you.html

Sadly, it seems the moderator who chose to merge the thread is defiantly refusing to unmerge it. Its a terrible shame because it shows that this moderator is not a serious person and does not have the interest of this forum at heart. He is more interested in his power-hungry chest beating than to do the right thing. what a shame.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Goldleaf wrote:If you are defending against Barcelona and one of your defenders slip, on his way down, Barcelona's forwards will deliberately run into him and claim a penalty. Neymar did it yesterday among his frequent ugly dives. As for Suarez's dive for the 2nd penalty, it was easily predicted while the ball was in the air. While PSG was incredibly poor, Barcelona remains bad for football. On field blocks on moves like you have in basketball, diving everywhere at the slightest touch with their players rushing to harrass referees while the crowd scream blue murder, Barcelona really is the ugly side of football that we all hate to see. If you must win, win fair and square not by cheating. For our sake, we hope a proper team like Bayern, Real or Juventus hits them hard and knocks them out. Useless team! :boo: :boo:
No disrespect, but how often do we associate dominance in sport with conspiracy theories:

ManU of Sir Alex had Fergie Time...
Liverpool of '77-'90 were adept at ref intimidation...

Flo-Jo was pumped full of steroids, as was Mike Johnson, as was Carl Lewis...

Muhammad Ali was aided by opponents throwing fights...

Rafa Nadal is a PED monster...

Yeah, Barca is useless without cheating, but Neymar can rocket a free-kick from 40yds into the top-corner while Messi averages 40+ goals a season...
Even with such outrageous talent in their ranks, Barca must not dominate...Ridiculous..!
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

marutimon wrote:
oloye wrote:I am not Barca fan, the only reason i bothered to watch the highlights was to look for a reason to join the chorus that they cheated....i could not believe the school boy defending i saw from the les female pussycats from Paris. Both penas were as legit as euro being a legit currency in europe.
U crazy.
Football is a contact sport. Touching your opponent does not constitute a foul. Suarez dived and should have gotten a second yellow. How anyone can claim differently is beyond me. The defender didn't even push him.

The first penalty: The defender falls over, so Neymar decides to fall over the defender. That was cynical, a calculated move by the immoral Neymar and effectively a dive. No sane referee would have fallen for that.

As to the third goal that wasn't legit: marginal offside on the 6th goal and it was scored in the 6th minute of 5 minutes of extra time in a game with little to no stoppages. Absurd.

Oloye...I disagree with you sir. I have been a Barca fan since the days of Bakero. Suarez particularly is a big time cheat and this certainly not good for football. He exhibited that very skill to the fullest yesterday. Bros, you played the game ( you were a pro and I was a jeun jeun pro too :laugh: ), you and I know football is not for sissies. I could imagine you trying that your operation sweep against these Barca team forwards, you would get rewarded with 2 red cards in one game..yes one game. Suarez and Neywar are great players but the way these guys hit the turfs like a weak wrestler irritates me. Messi is great and will continue to be one of the greatest to ever play the game cos of his right attitude to the game.
And ofcourse PSG needs to be downgraded to Europa, they are a waste of space
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

dhoney wrote:
marutimon wrote:
U crazy.

Oloye...I disagree with you sir. I have been a Barca fan since the days of Bakero. Suarez particularly is a big time cheat and this certainly not good for football. He exhibited that very skill to the fullest yesterday. Bros, you played the game ( you were a pro and I was a jeun jeun pro too :laugh: ), you and I know football is not for sissies. I could imagine you trying that your operation sweep against these Barca team forwards, you would get rewarded with 2 red cards in one game..yes one game. Suarez and Neywar are great players but the way these guys hit the turfs like a weak wrestler irritates me. Messi is great and will continue to be one of the greatest to ever play the game cos of his right attitude to the game.
I am not saying Suarez is not a cheat, neither am i saying Barca players do not dive. The question is ,did the naive PSG players fall into their traps? Take that Suarez example, i see no reason why the defender stretched out his hand attempting to block or impede Suarez from chasing a ball that he was never going to get since his keeper was onto it.

They made it easy for the ref to dash Barca the pena.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

tfco wrote:
And then there are those who lose 5-0 home and away against Barcelona..... go ask him!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Think of the Deportivo la Coruna comeback vs Milan, no helps from the ref no big debates about penalties, just an honest classic victory.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

PSG manager still get job?
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

For starters that PSG manager needs to be fired
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Benteke i cant believe people are blaming a defender for the Neymar penalty. The defender was already falling when Neymar ran into ji, Not like he jumped in front of Neymar and if you notice the defenders tracjectory when falling never changes but rather Neymar stumbles into him

Having said the point on mental toughness is true. PSG were so scared they couldnt even control passes or hold posession for 2 mins. Even a pub team would have defended that lead :curse: :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

marutimon wrote:
I second that.
They always seem to win by useless the most underhanded tactics ever.
The cannibal Luis Suarez fits Barcelona like a glove. The most despicable footballing team of the modern era.
I third this. I blame PSG (see game thread) for the way they were defending especially the yeye passing of the ball in front of their 18. However since the days of Guardiola, I have disliked Barca for the above. Ronaldinho was a beauty to watch especially the way he rode tackles.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:
marutimon wrote:
U crazy.

I am not saying Suarez is not a cheat, neither am i saying Barca players do not dive. The question is ,did the naive PSG players fall into their traps? Take that Suarez example, i see no reason why the defender stretched out his hand attempting to block or impede Suarez from chasing a ball that he was never going to get since his keeper was onto it.

Bros that was not in any way a penalty ... Even if the bobo hadnt raised his hand, Suarez was going to dive in that position. There is nothing honourable in that Barca side.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Need we remind you EPL fanboys that this is international footie not the EPL?

Don't blame the ref. Blame PSG. The first two goals alone were comical.
The looks on PSG players before the 2nd half were priceless. :lol:

And when the poor guys got home, their fans attacked them. :shock:

I am going to enjoy this game again in a few minutes.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Samora Machel wrote:Benteke i cant believe people are blaming a defender for the Neymar penalty. The defender was already falling when Neymar ran into ji, Not like he jumped in front of Neymar and if you notice the defenders tracjectory when falling never changes but rather Neymar stumbles into him

Having said the point on mental toughness is true. PSG were so scared they couldnt even control passes or hold posession for 2 mins. Even a pub team would have defended that lead :curse: :curse:
Unbelievable that a team is being blamed for crumbling after being blatantly disadvantaged by the ref in front of 80k odd screaming Catalans :biggrin:

Let's face it, Barcelona's mental strength simply comes from knowing over the years gone by that whenever they are touched slightly, red after red will award them a penalty or simply a red to the other team.
They have seen it and lived it almost every year, all they have to do is flood the 18 area from the first minute and dive dive dive, the rewards soon come.
Their so called mental strength is a myth to me, when they don't get false penalties or man advantage they can easily get humiliated as we witnessed the hiding they got from Bayern and Madrid
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:
marutimon wrote:
U crazy.

Bros that was not in any way a penalty ... Even if the bobo hadnt raised his hand, Suarez was going to dive in that position. There is nothing honourable in that Barca side.
If you agree that the defender raised his hands ..that is all i need from this arguement. I am bot debating if Suarez dived or not. Do not give a diver a platform to dive, that is the koko of the matter. That was what the ref capitalised upon and he can justify his actions by the books. Soft yes...but there is no law against soft penalty is there?

Mind you there is a law that punishes intent... :lol: pls check if that law has been expunged!

Like i said, i screened the highlights looking for something to bash Barxa's victory...could find none!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Samora Machel wrote:Benteke i cant believe people are blaming a defender for the Neymar penalty. The defender was already falling when Neymar ran into ji, Not like he jumped in front of Neymar and if you notice the defenders tracjectory when falling never changes but rather Neymar stumbles into him

Go and watch again and tell us where the defender's fall started from. He slipped first outside the box, he lost his balance right outside the box, never fully regained it while trying desperately to stop Neymar. He knew he waa going down but he was still trying to defend , at that point he was going to be clumsy. If i am an attacker all i have to is to run into the path i anticipate him to bundle himself into....he was always going to become an obstacle falling or not. The rule specifies ...impeding, hindering ,obstruction. His fall was clumsy ..the rule never said omit or ignore clumsy fall...the rule says punish obstruction.

The problem here is that when people call footballers dumb, this is one area where footballers exercise intelligence on full flow. If i am in the box and you are running towards me like a headless goat and i jave advantage of the ball...i will make my job easier by simply stepping into your tracks ....call me whatever..i have not breached any rule.

As a defender i have been in that situation when you are falling down and you know you cannot afford to go down and you keep struggling not to..the more you struggle the more clumsy your going down becomes. Often timeyou will stumble towards the ball...doing so hoping you can at least make one last desperate touch. Bow go back and watch what the defender did...we can talk from there.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:

Unbelievable that a team is being blamed for crumbling after being blatantly disadvantaged by the ref in front of 80k odd screaming Catalans :biggrin:

Let's face it, Barcelona's mental strength simply comes from knowing over the years gone by that whenever they are touched slightly, red after red will award them a penalty or simply a red to the other team.
They have seen it and lived it almost every year, all they have to do is flood the 18 area from the first minute and dive dive dive, the rewards soon come.
Their so called mental strength is a myth to me, when they don't get false penalties or man advantage they can easily get humiliated as we witnessed the hiding they got from Bayern and Madrid
Is this a Zim disease or something?
I've watched this game 3 times and will probably see it again instead of the EPL dross over the weekend.

The only pena in contention was the last one. But the PSG player put his hands on Suarez and clipped him below.
At this level, the defenders commit fouls and make things look innocent.

At this level, the officials do their homework and learn players' tendencies before the game.
So they know whom they are dealing with...

It is not perfect by any stretch, but for amateur fans to question professional refs who have studied these players for the game, and have the benefit of a 5th official behind the line, doesn't make sense.

PSG lost due to their ineptness.

Did the refs score the first 2 crazy Barca goals? NO!
Did the refs prevent Cavani and Di Maria from scoring their one to one chances?

Barca didn't press PSG in Paris and paid for it. They pressed them at the Camp Nou and the rest is history.
This was the first time I saw tough guy Matuidi nervous. :D
Remember the guy who took out Onazi in Brazil and beat Naija.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu