Exclusive: Fred Friday Gets A Late Call Up....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
Exclusive: Fred Friday Gets A Late Call Up....

Post by Next »

... as a replacement:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/09/ex ... ed-friday/
Dutch based Nigerian forward Fred Friday has been called up to the Super Eagles squad for the friendly games against Senegal and Burkina Faso, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

He will be named in a revised squad which will be released later today by coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr, as a replacement for one player who has reportedly withdrew from the game due to injury.

Fred has been in fine form in the Dutch league for AZ Alkmaar and Rohr has been keeping a close watch on the former Lillestroem man since his goal in an Europa League game earlier this season.

This is the first time that the 21 year old will be called up to any arm of the Nigeria national team since he turned professional three years ago, when he moved to Norway.

His inclusion brings the number of fresh call ups for the Senegal and Burkina Faso games to two, following the naming of Olarenwaju Kayode by the coach as a replacement for the injured Victor Osimhen.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Exclusive: Fred Friday Gets A Late Call Up....

Post by pajimoh »

Bernie will soon be called up, followed by Wilmer and Rubble. I'm beginning to think we are called The Flintstones instead of Super Eagles :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

pajimoh wrote:Bernie will soon be called up, followed by Wilmer and Rubble. I'm beginning to think we are called The Flintstones instead of Super Eagles :tic:
:rotf: but he is 6'1 and 21yrs - good and positive statistics now lets see what he brings to the table before condemning
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

walesvilla wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Bernie will soon be called up, followed by Wilmer and Rubble. I'm beginning to think we are called The Flintstones instead of Super Eagles :tic:
:rotf: but he is 6'1 and 21yrs - good and positive statistics now lets see what he brings to the table before condemning
I'm just having a laff 'cos he's called FF same as Fred Flintstone :tic:
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Pajimoh,
I noticed that you're also a fan of Lady Lyanna Mormont. Amazing speech by the young lady Mormont in Season 6 Episode 10. She quickly became my favorite person in the whole series. The little actress of lyanna Mormont deserves a Oscar for Every scene she played in.

[/video]

Truly, this was my favorite scene out of all of season 6. This scene gave me so hard goosebumps. Jon Snow has carried the stigma of being a *kindperson* never expecting to amount to anything. But he went from a Man in the Night's Watch, to Lord Commander, and now he's the King in the North. Jon earns the respect and validation he's always craved and finally recognized as a Stark in all but name.

I got teary eyed when they all started shouting "KING IN THE NORTH!" when Lady Mormont gave her speech to defend Jon. Littlefinger, arguably the most intelligent man in all of Westeros, has spent years putting together a plan to get himself and Sansa on the Iron Throne. And who stomps on that dream in this scene? Lady Mormont. The girl who gives no $#%!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

These 2 replacement calls no be am.

Fred Friday and Kayode ?

Would rather have called

Onyekuru
Kalu
Nwakali x2
Imoh
Agu
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

[/video]

[/video]
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Not having a good season by any stretch of the imagination. He's still getting used to the Dutch League... hopefully he'll improve soon but this invitation came too soon.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Very random call up, wasn't expecting this one at all, Onyekuru, Nwakali, and Kalu really deserve a call up tbh
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

iworo wrote:Pajimoh,
I noticed that you're also a fan of Lady Lyanna Mormont. Amazing speech by the young lady Mormont in Season 6 Episode 10. She quickly became my favorite person in the whole series. The little actress of lyanna Mormont deserves a Oscar for Every scene she played in.

[/video]

Truly, this was my favorite scene out of all of season 6. This scene gave me so hard goosebumps. Jon Snow has carried the stigma of being a kind person never expecting to amount to anything. But he went from a Man in the Night's Watch, to Lord Commander, and now he's the King in the North. Jon earns the respect and validation he's always craved and finally recognized as a Stark in all but name.

I got teary eyed when they all started shouting "KING IN THE NORTH!" when Lady Mormont gave her speech to defend Jon. Littlefinger, arguably the most intelligent man in all of Westeros, has spent years putting together a plan to get himself and Sansa on the Iron Throne. And who stomps on that dream in this scene? Lady. The girl who gives no $#%!
Bro she nailed that speech. She practical crowned Jon King in the North single handedly. As for that stare in my avatar, priceless
Last edited by pajimoh on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

vancity eagle wrote:These 2 replacement calls no be am.

Fred Friday and Kayode ?

Would rather have called

Onyekuru
Kalu
Nwakali x2
Imoh
Agu
Don't you ever quit? Why don't you just go take up the job yourself since nothing seems to satisfy you?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

AZ Alkmaar striker Fred Friday has reacted to speculation in the local media which claimed that he has been handed a late invitation for the Super Eagles friendly games against Senegal and Burkina Faso in March.

Though the former Lillestrom sensation did not waste time to dismiss the reports, he has stressed that is ready to represent the national team if called upon at short notice by Nigeria coach Rohr.

“I have not heard anything about my call-up to the Super Eagles, I have not been in contact with the coach (Rohr), ”said Fred Friday to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I would be ready to play if I am invited. It is every footballer’s dream to represent their country. ”

Aged 21 and said to be one of Nigeria’s top youngsters in Europe, Fred Friday was called up to the Dream Team VI get-together in Abuja back in December 2014.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22313
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:

Fred Friday and Kayode ?

Would rather have called

Onyekuru
Kalu
Nwakali x2
Imoh
Agu
Don't you ever quit? Why don't you just go take up the job yourself since nothing seems to satisfy you?
He's like a mosquito on ones testicles. You want to slap the hell out of it but you're constrained by rules of engagement :sneaky:
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

pajimoh wrote:
iworo wrote:Pajimoh,

[/video]

Truly, this was my favorite scene out of all of season 6. This scene gave me so hard goosebumps. Jon Snow has carried the stigma of being a kind person never expecting to amount to anything. But he went from a Man in the Night's Watch, to Lord Commander, and now he's the King in the North. Jon earns the respect and validation he's always craved and finally recognized as a Stark in all but name.

I got teary eyed when they all started shouting "KING IN THE NORTH!" when Lady Mormont gave her speech to defend Jon. Littlefinger, arguably the most intelligent man in all of Westeros, has spent years putting together a plan to get himself and Sansa on the Iron Throne. And who stomps on that dream in this scene? Lady. The girl who gives no $#%!
Bro she nailed that speech. She practical crowned Jon King in the North single handedly. As for that stare in my avatar, priceless
:agree: :thumbs:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Don't care, it is a friendly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hope it's not true. Friday hasn't done much of late to deserve a call up. Onyekeru, Kalu, or Araon Samuel would have been better choices.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good call by ROHR, we need options at that center forward spot.

1, Ideye and Ighalo have both chosen the certain route through China .
2, Osihmen seems to be injury prone
3, Nacho is not a No 9
4, Onyekuru, Kalu and others mentioned do not play like Friday or in the same position.
5, Unless you want to call Fernando Adi, I don't see any other player that fits the position.
6, pls, no mfm or Rangers rubbish.

The is a call made by a man that has done his homework, if true!
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Fred Friday and Kayode ?

Would rather have called

Onyekuru
Kalu
Nwakali x2
Imoh
Agu
You need a striker but you wan call up wingers and midfielders......................Thank God people like you are not coaching SE.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

olu wrote:Hope it's not true. Friday hasn't done much of late to deserve a call up. Onyekeru, Kalu, or Araon Samuel would have been better choices.
Hypocrite :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley