And thus began the era of Neymar's Barcelona

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: And thus began the era of Neymar's Barcelona

Post by King Futcha »

Not only is Raymond Domenech one of the greatest coaches ever, he's a prophet

He said this before the match.
"Embroiled in problems about extending his contract, Messi does not have the energy he had when he was 20 years old.

"It is not easy to see that gradually he is losing his gifts. He insists on taking free-kicks even though Neymar takes them better, all so that he can continue to be the demigod he has been.

"He is more calculated now. He has lost that spontaneity and strength in his dribbling."
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-Gossip
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Agreed, not only does he not have the energy, he perhaps hasn't the enthusiasm too. At 20, he was a potential world beater, today he is the ceiling. At club level, he's won it all and be crowned WPOY too many times to recall. At national level he, like many others from that golden generation of Argentine footballers, will suffer the curse of a collective that is a fraction of its individual components. No he doesn't have the clockwork mouse prowess of old, but again, even with powers dwindling, look at the numbers.
db10
Egg
Egg

Post by db10 »

I have to say I wasn't sold on how Neymar alongside Messi at Barca was going
to play out. Thot he/they were just saying the right things. But it's worked out
beautifully for them both. Neymar's been allowed to reach his full powers while
not carrying the burden of the whole team. Messi's been allowed to now contemplate
life with someone else soon taking on the full brunt of that burden.
It's s beautiful thing to watch. I missed out on the era of the Peles and those greats
but I don't know that if given the choice I'd trade that for what I'm witnessing now!
In the final analysis let's sit back and enjoy what we've been blessed to witness.
(*with that he goes back to looking for tickets to the american el clasico, barca vs madrid
in miami!*)
Last edited by db10 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Juve 1-0 over Milan

Best Serie A season in years
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What a counter from Milan...1-1 Bacca
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:What a counter from Milan...1-1 Bacca
BRILLIANT game. Good to see someone else was watching, Milan were unlucky not to get a point from that game. They'll be a much firmer side in Montella's second season
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Congratulations to Barca and the team. Neymar gave it all yesterday. Don't understand the need to elevate N over M. These are 2 great players we are all lucky to watch do it. I'd like to see any other player do what Messi and CRon have done over such a long period of time in my life time to believe we will see another pair like those this century....Whatever their predecessors did has been taken to a new height......... Ask any Barca fan that watches this team every weekend, Barca PSG was one hell of a special night but LIONEL ANDRE MESSI has given so many special nights @ camp Nou, this debate could never arise.....And that, my friends, is THE REAL DEAL
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Neymar's legend will always be tarred by his poor reputation. A much bigger diver than CR7 or Messi ever were.

Don't remember any great that was such a cheat as he is.
Last edited by marutimon on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

People talk about best dribblers and it makes me laugh.....How much leg overs do you need to pull these off in tight spaces with many players. Its one reason I think he's better than CR7. Most of the BEST players before him can't do these with both feet...he does with one

Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Many of you don't watch games or watch it on smartphones and laptops (that usually freeze at crucial moments). Watch Barca and count the number of times Neymar/Messi make the wrong decision. Neymar is probably 8 out of 10. Messi probably 2 out of 10. Football is about talent + decision making. Ask any coach in the world who he would have in his team - Messi or Neymar. It is only atilogwu-loving Africans that would pick Neymar.

To judge both players on the basis of one crazy night is crazy. By the time Messi was Neymar's age, he was doing things people are still waiting for Neymar to do.

Neymar has been near dire most of this season, giving the ball away, shooting erratically, etc and was being picked on reputation alone. He and Barca got lucky in a fluke of a game against PSG. Why Messi gets little love in some quarters is that he has made the extraordinary routine.
http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote:Not only is Raymond Domenech one of the greatest coaches ever, he's a prophet

He said this before the match.
"Embroiled in problems about extending his contract, Messi does not have the energy he had when he was 20 years old.

"It is not easy to see that gradually he is losing his gifts. He insists on taking free-kicks even though Neymar takes them better, all so that he can continue to be the demigod he has been.

"He is more calculated now. He has lost that spontaneity and strength in his dribbling."
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-Gossip
..but he allowed the Tax Cheat to take the 2nd pens.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@CIC, it was Ronaldinho before him. Dominant for a decade if not more, at the same time, Dinho was diving between Lindsey Dawn-Mackenzie's sweater cows. Longevity is so casually overlooked on such debate. There have been many greats but few Gods.