[FA Cup] Chelsea v United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [FA Cup] Chelsea v United

Post by tfco »

green4life wrote:
tfco wrote:we have nullified the threat of Kante.

he has been subpar today
:bump:
:thumb:

..and he was

11 v 11.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:
can't wait for them to come to OT.

will be a different game

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tunde72 wrote:
oloye wrote:How all thw other teams fell asleep while Chelsea was signing Kante is mystery. They simply dropped the ball...Kante is the deal.
Same thing i was thinking of. Unexplainable
Jose Mourinho wanted to sign Kante
But Kante said in his own words that he chose Chelsea
"It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I'd been warned before how he would appeal to me," Kante said.

"I listened to his arguments about why I should move to United.

"But at that time I was hesitant between staying at Leicester or leaving for Chelsea.

"My discussions with them were already well underway. But when I spoke, I had a good feeling with Conte."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... elsea-move
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
tunde72 wrote:
oloye wrote:How all thw other teams fell asleep while Chelsea was signing Kante is mystery. They simply dropped the ball...Kante is the deal.
"It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I'd been warned before how he would appeal to me," Kante said.

"But at that time I was hesitant between staying at Leicester or leaving for Chelsea.

"My discussions with them were already well underway. But when I spoke, I had a good feeling with Conte."

Because they left it too late and probably were busy trying to convince Pogba and his agent to accept 100million pounds. As for Arsenal..we know Wenger only signs them in his dreams...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:Has anyone seen Paul Pogba :woot:

Kante will be issuing a "release" statement soon.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

MotM for me was the ref.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

shame....

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
tunde72 wrote:

Because they left it too late and probably were busy trying to convince Pogba and his agent to accept 100million pounds. As for Arsenal..we know Wenger only signs them in his dreams...
well, at least we know the man himself preferred Chelsea.

Fergie made a note about Kante early in the last season when everyone was raving about Vardy and Mahrez, so maybe all this stuff started even before the season was over.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
tunde72 wrote:

More like he wanted to play in a midfield where he wouldn't be limited to being a water carrier for Pogba. Conte doesn't just see him as a traditional 4, that's why he was sold on the chelsea project. Money was never an issue and neither was club ambition. José failed to make the case and having watched the two French midfielders go at it twice now, it becomes obvious as to why kante bought into Conte's vision for him.

Wrt the other contenders, I think Liverpool would've been the next best fit playing for Kopp or Pooch at Spurs. But the financial end would've been a strain. Wenger frowns upon hard men and Pep loves ticky taka. Notwithstanding, I'm still surprised Roman got him relatively easily especially on the back of a 10th place finish. Not complaining tho.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
tunde72 wrote:

More like he wanted to play in a midfield where he wouldn't be limited to being a water carrier for Pogba. Conte doesn't just see him as a traditional 4, that's why he was sold on the chelsea project. Money was never an issue and neither was club ambition. José failed to make the case and having watched the two French midfielders go at it twice now, it becomes obvious as to why kante bought into Conte's vision for him.

Wrt the other contenders, I think Liverpool would've been the next best fit playing for Kopp or Pooch at Spurs. But the financial end would've been a strain. Wenger frowns upon hard men and Pep loves ticky taka. Notwithstanding, I'm still surprised Roman got him relatively easily especially on the back of a 10th place finish. Not complaining tho.
Don't discount the Conte factor. A damn good coach, very passionate, and appears to be quite polite and cultured. He put on quite at show at the Euros, enough to make serious players want to play for him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Forum needs a banter thread...Nevertheless..

#Another day in paradise

He cost ay-tee nine mi-llion quid
They wish they had brought Kante
Live on In-stagram dead on the pitch
A new haircut on Wednesday
Oh
Think twice
You spent 89 million and Paul Pogba's shite
Oh
Think twice
You spent 89 million and Paul Pogba's
Pogba's Shhh
(Laaaaa la la la
Lala la la) x2
Last edited by Coach on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The 3 - 5 - 3 is really working great for Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

balo wrote:The 3 - 5 - 3 is really working great for Chelsea.
Herrera's had it coming, he's been a sneaky git for some time. Luck didn't just run out tonight, she took his wallet whilst he was sleeping and used the last of the loo roll.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:boo: :boo:

typical Chelsea fans...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
tunde72 wrote:

Like Herrera is a "water-carrier" for Pogba? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What hurts you is that your lover, Mikel, is a dumb player who only knows how to play one way. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Modric, Xabi, Lampard, Essien, Herrera, Motta, Deco, Cambiasso, Costinha, Khedira, all played under Mourinho and he did not seem to "stiffle" them. So, why only your lover? Truth is that unlike Mikel, Kante is NOT a moron, and has the capacity to evolve, play with tactical intelligence and be as versatile as any manager would want. Truth be told, that is the reason, Conte went for Kante and used broom to sweep Mikel off to backwater chIna. At 29, he has already retired. That says everything you need to know about your lover. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I said a couple of years ago (when LVG) was still in charge that Mark Red, Fellaini, and Wazza were the only players in the squad who look like they could handle themselves in a tear up.

In other news, that is the second time this season that Andrew Smith has been unfairly sent off. Against Burnley, he tried to pull out of a tackle, slipped and fell down - and Clattenburg sent him off!

oloye wrote:Tell you what Rojo is a player i would go to battle with any day
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
tunde72 wrote:

Like Herrera is a "water-carrier" for Pogba? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What hurts you is that your lover, Mikel, is a dumb player who only knows how to play one way. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Modric, Xabi, Lampard, Essien, Herrera, Motta, Deco, Cambiasso, Costinha, Khedira, all played under Mourinho and he did not seem to "stiffle" them. So, why only your lover? Truth is that unlike Mikel, Kante is NOT a moron, and has the capacity to evolve, play with tactical intelligence and be as versatile as any manager would want. Truth be told, that is the reason, Conte went for Kante and used broom to sweep Mikel off to backwater chIna. At 29, he has already retired. That says everything you need to know about your lover. :rotf:
A way must be found to blame someone for Kante making an adult decision to go to Chelsea :biggrin:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea were so defensive that they limited Man U to just 28% of ball possession. A new low for Man U this season.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:Chelsea were so defensive that they limited Man U to just 28% of ball possession. A new low for Man U this season.
Before the red card it was approximately 50-50% possession or something along the lines.
I did have a look as the game was going on
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:Chelsea were so defensive that they limited Man U to just 28% of ball possession. A new low for Man U this season.
Before the red card it was approximately 50-50% possession or something along the lines.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh boy, why are you spoiling the rhetoric naaaa??
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
tunde72 wrote:

A way must be found to blame someone for Kante making an adult decision to go to Chelsea :biggrin:
Of course! Kante saw the amount of water that he has to carry... And we all know how he suffered as a young child in france fetching water and having to carry the bucket on his head for 50 miles. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh boy, why are you spoiling the rhetoric naaaa??
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
balo wrote:Won't be watching the game.
yes we know

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S