CAF Cup: Enugu Rangers in trouble at home: ZESCO tormenting

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
CAF Cup: Enugu Rangers in trouble at home: ZESCO tormenting

Post by Toxicarrow »

It is 2-2 now....
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF Cup: Enugu Rangers in trouble at home: ZESCO torment

Post by oloye »

Nigerian teams are just not good enough on africa...it is that simple. The irony of this situation is that they keep trying to go in for this competitions , a venture that has become very costly logistic wise but with prospect of anything coming out of it. Since Eyimba won the cup , it is unbelievable how far down the ladder we have dropped in club competitions. Imagine the likes of Sudan pounding our teams like an abriba man pounding akpu...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Useless Rangers. Where are their fans who were making noise last year???mchewwww
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rubbish team that manages to pain the title land they won't stop partying. Now they are not in good mental shape to repeat the feat
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

bret- hart wrote:Useless Rangers. Where are their fans who were making noise last year???mchewwww
Success got so many fathers; but orphan has none.
Rangers and life-lesson about people. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Full score: 2-2. Let's see what Enugu Rangers will do next week on the road.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

the problem is deeper than it looks on surface; number one reason is - team spirit & the skilled players' aspirations are no longer met within existing local contexts unlike in other less advanced African nations where their local players' frame of success references are still locally met within those nations. An average skilled Nigerian player is using mikel, ihenacho etc as his frame of reference when anticipating what comes next hence is unfocused & thinks arsenal will come knocking any time. The are simply not content with being in nigeria and playing for peanuts,
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

What a disgrace :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

When will 3SC play continental football?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

oloye wrote:Nigerian teams are just not good enough on africa...it is that simple. The irony of this situation is that they keep trying to go in for this competitions , a venture that has become very costly logistic wise but with prospect of anything coming out of it. Since Eyimba won the cup , it is unbelievable how far down the ladder we have dropped in club competitions. Imagine the likes of Sudan pounding our teams like an abriba man pounding akpu...
Prize money has increased if teams get to group stages. Heartland did well a while ago. Sudan clubs always give our teams a fight. Al Merreick beat Bendel Utd to lift Winners Cup in 1989. BCC lost its Winners Cup defence to Zambia club Dynamos in 1991.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...at the end of the day rangers International better than Arsenal wey never win jack for years :thumbs: :thumbs:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

folem wrote:
oloye wrote:Nigerian teams are just not good enough on africa...it is that simple. The irony of this situation is that they keep trying to go in for this competitions , a venture that has become very costly logistic wise but with prospect of anything coming out of it. Since Eyimba won the cup , it is unbelievable how far down the ladder we have dropped in club competitions. Imagine the likes of Sudan pounding our teams like an abriba man pounding akpu...
Prize money has increased if teams get to group stages. Heartland did well a while ago. Sudan clubs always give our teams a fight. Al Merreick beat Bendel Utd to lift Winners Cup in 1989. BCC lost its Winners Cup defence to Zambia club Dynamos in 1991.
Nor be by force to debate my friend....you compare losing in the finals to losing in the first round to Tesco footballl club or being beaten yearly like bata drum by Sudan...biko my friend we have dropped. There was a time we were making the semis with ease , there was a time when getting knocked out in the first round was an aberration as opposed to what is becoming a normal occurence. My good friend do you even understand what i am trying to say with my first post :D ?

Just that you can see clearly what am saying...this is not about bashing Rangers my darling club..as a club we had our standard in the good glorious days...chai losing to Tesco abi na Zesco...we need to atone for whatever sins that has brought us crashing down to this level!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Performance in CAF competitions since 2003
CAF Champions League:
2003 – Champion (Enyimba)
2004 – Champion (Enyimba)
2005 – Group Stage (Enyimba)
2006 – Group Stage (Enyimba)
2007 - Second Round (Nasarawa)
2008 – Semi-finals (Enyimba)
2009 – Finalist (Heartland)
2009 – Semi-finals (Kano_Pillars)
2010 – Group Stage (Heartland)
2011 – Semi-finals (Enyimba)
2012 – Semi-finals (Sunshine_Stars)
2013 – Second Round (Enugu_Rangers)
2014 – First Round (Enyimba)
2015 – First Round (Kano_Pillars)
2016 – Group Stage (Enyimba)
2017 - Second Round (Enugu_Rangers)

CAF Confederation Cup:
2004 – Group Stage (Enugu_Rangers)
2005 – Finalist (Dolphins)
2006 – Group Stage (Heartland)
2007 – Group Stage (Dolphins)
2008 – Second Round (Dolphins)
2009 – Semi-finals (Bayelsa)
2010 – Second Round (Enyimba)
2011 – Semi-finals (Sunshine_Stars)
2012 – Second Round (Heartland)
2013 – Intermediate Round (Enugu_Rangers)
2014 – Intermediate Round (Bayelsa)
2015 – Intermediate Round (Warri_Wolves)
2016 – First Round (Nasarawa)
oloye wrote:
folem wrote:
Nor be by force to debate my friend....you compare losing in the finals to losing in the first round to Tesco footballl club or being beaten yearly like bata drum by Sudan...biko my friend we have dropped. There was a time we were making the semis with ease , there was a time when getting knocked out in the first round was an aberration as opposed to what is becoming a normal occurence. My good friend do you even understand what i am trying to say with my first post :D ?

Just that you can see clearly what am saying...this is not about bashing Rangers my darling club..as a club we had our standard in the good glorious days...chai losing to Tesco abi na Zesco...we need to atone for whatever sins that has brought us crashing down to this level!
There was a reason why the Champions Cup was once regarded as elusive. You are correct to infer that we struggle in Africa generally, but we do better in the lesser Cups.

Sudan or Zambia clubs were never walkover for Nigerian clubs, they are usually competitive at whatever stage we meet them.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/al- ... durman/11/

Opponents from Nigeria Nigeria M. W D L goals

Record against Kano Pillars Kano Pillars 2 0 1 1 2:4
Record against Rivers United FC Rivers United FC 2 1 0 1 4:3
Record against Warri Wolves Warri Wolves 2 2 0 0 2:0

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/al-h ... durman/11/

Opponents from Nigeria Nigeria M. W D L goals

Record against Enugu Rangers Enugu Rangers 2 1 0 1 4:1
Record against Enyimba Aba Enyimba Aba 4 1 1 2 6:8
Record against Kano Pillars Kano Pillars 2 1 0 1 3:2
Record against Nasarawa United FC Nasarawa United FC 2 0 0 1 0:3