NDIDI TO CL QUARTER FINALS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
NDIDI TO CL QUARTER FINALS

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He was steady today,nothing special just the hard grind of being a DM. But what a yr for the boy, from fighting it out the n the Belgian league with the likes of Eupen to the Europa cup and now CL quarters with Leicester city . Congrats our Wilfred Ndidi. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NDIDI TO CL QUARTER FINALS

Post by jette1 »

Ndidi was huge today
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He seems to be playing more as a CM than a DM.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He broke up Sevilles attack through the middle and on the wing at times making them think twice!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

He should be our automatic DM. Great tackles, timing, positioning, passing accuracy, headers, defending, shots and energy. Very calm and reads the game very well. Hard to find any faults for a 20 year old. Immense future ahead of him. SE's future captain at this rate.

I think a combo with Mikel (for leadership, experience and passing range) and Etebo (for energy, stamina, speed, tackles and goal scoring) is the current best option for SE.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sheikh wrote:He should be our automatic DM. Great tackles, timing, positioning, passing accuracy, headers, defending, shots and energy. Very calm and reads the game very well. Hard to find any faults for a 20 year old. Immense future ahead of him. SE's future captain at this rate.

I think a combo with Mikel (for leadership, experience and passing range) and Etebo (for energy, stamina, speed, tackles and goal scoring) is the current best option for SE.
What do you think of making Ndidi the CD partner to Leon Balogun at the heart of the SE defence? I think he is better than Ekong, thus leaving the Onazi, Etebo and Mikel combo in midfield.
I am happy
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Dammy wrote:
Sheikh wrote:He should be our automatic DM. Great tackles, timing, positioning, passing accuracy, headers, defending, shots and energy. Very calm and reads the game very well. Hard to find any faults for a 20 year old. Immense future ahead of him. SE's future captain at this rate.

What do you think of making Ndidi the CD partner to Leon Balogun at the heart of the SE defence? I think he is better than Ekong, thus leaving the Onazi, Etebo and Mikel combo in midfield.
I think this would be restrictive, to the relative detriment of the team. Ndidi brings much more than his defensive skills. If forced to choose within these limits of utilizing Ndidi, then I'd rather have Ekong as CD than Onazi as DM. Onazi is still a good player (although his form seems to have declined in the last 2 years) and should be in the squad. Onazi's main strengths are his energy, and he covers a lot of ground (as does Etebo; but Etebo is a goal scorer too, and is faster and more skillful). Onazi now seems more prone to costly errors (mainly timing, passing and positional sense and consequently commits many fouls). You will need an extra tight defense (which we do not currently have) to cover Onazi.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

One thing very unique about Ndidi he has intestinal fortitude to give 110 % effort and win by any possible means.. This is a unique feature most Nigerian players are devoid of, apart from Amokachi and CCC. Anytime he steps into the field he gives 110% effort like kante. I don't believe he is as talented as Mikel but he has a lion's heart which lacks in Mikel.. If he keeps it up barring serious injury, indubitable he is world class player in making.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sheikh wrote:
Dammy wrote:

I think this would be restrictive, to the relative detriment of the team. Ndidi brings much more than his defensive skills. If forced to choose within these limits of utilizing Ndidi, then I'd rather have Ekong as CD than Onazi as DM. Onazi is still a good player (although his form seems to have declined in the last 2 years) and should be in the squad. Onazi's main strengths are his energy, and he covers a lot of ground (as does Etebo; but Etebo is a goal scorer too, and is faster and more skillful). Onazi now seems more prone to costly errors (mainly timing, passing and positional sense and consequently commits many fouls). You will need an extra tight defense (which we do not currently have) to cover Onazi.
Good points, but I think Rohr has found his perfect midfield combo in Etebo, Onazi and Mikel, all of whom excelled in the Algeria match in Uyo. Ndidi does not have the stamina and energy of Etebo and Onazi and the only way I see he can make the SE starting XI is to revert to CD, which is his original position before he was converted to DM. In the final minutes of Yesterday's game, he reverted back to CD and won virtually all the balls in the air. He is quick and good in the tackle, while Ekong lacks pace and is prone to the occasional gaffe. Just like Amartey plays CD for Ghana and DM for Leicester, Ndidi can do likewise for the SE until we get a top quality CD to partner Balogun (who is our only top class CD).
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Good points, but I think Rohr has found his perfect midfield combo in Etebo, Onazi and Mikel, all of whom excelled in the Algeria match in Uyo. Ndidi does not have the stamina and energy of Etebo and Onazi and the only way I see he can make the SE starting XI is to revert to CD, which is his original position before he was converted to DM. In the final minutes of Yesterday's game, he reverted back to CD and won virtually all the balls in the air. He is quick and good in the tackle, while Ekong lacks pace and is prone to the occasional gaffe. Just like Amartey plays CD for Ghana and DM for Leicester, Ndidi can do likewise for the SE until we get a top quality CD to partner Balogun (who is our only top class CD).
I think you're believing too much of your own stories. Since when has Ekong lacked pace?If Ndidi is faster than Ekong, it probably happened on your tv only and not in a game.

There's no way Etebo will ever star a SE game over Ndidi again if ROHR is the coach. If u wanna see Etebo start instead of Ndidi you'll have to wait for SIASIA to be appointed coach again.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Dammy wrote:

I think you're believing too much of your own stories. Since when has Ekong lacked pace?If Ndidi is faster than Ekong, it probably happened on your tv only and not in a game.

There's no way Etebo will ever star a SE game over Ndidi again if ROHR is the coach. If u wanna see Etebo start instead of Ndidi you'll have to wait for SIASIA to be appointed coach again.

As usual, amala has clouded your thinking! Do not derail this thread, it is meant for people with meaningful contributions. BTW, who was the coach when Etebo started in midfield ahead of Ndidi in the WCQ against Algeria in Uyo last year?
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He was steady today,nothing special just the hard grind of being a DM. But what a yr for the boy, from fighting it out the n the Belgian league with the likes of Eupen to the Europa cup and now CL quarters with Leicester city . Congrats our Wilfred Ndidi. :clap: :clap: :clap:
The guy was very average in that game.

Still gave away a pass playing a position that such nonsense is not allowed especially when your recoverability is not that great.

Good win though.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He was steady today,nothing special just the hard grind of being a DM. But what a yr for the boy, from fighting it out the n the Belgian league with the likes of Eupen to the Europa cup and now CL quarters with Leicester city . Congrats our Wilfred Ndidi. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Still gave away a pass playing a position that such nonsense is not allowed especially when your recoverability is not that great.

Good win though.
Every single mf on the pitch gave away "a pass" during the course of the game, very few performed better than Ndidi on the night. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The selection of Onazi remains is based on emotion. Ndidi needs to shield our back four leaving Etebo (a proven goalscorer from midfield) to partner with JMO, our 5 star midfield general. When the time comes, Gernot Rohr will make that decision.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Dammy wrote:

As usual, amala has clouded your thinking! Do not derail this thread, it is meant for people with meaningful contributions. BTW, who was the coach when Etebo started in midfield ahead of Ndidi in the WCQ against Algeria in Uyo last year?
He won't do it again. Etebo is not a DM or a CM. He can play those positions but not better than Ndidi who is one of the best young DM in the world today. Yes, Amala is present! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Goldleaf wrote:The selection of Onazi remains is based on emotion. Ndidi needs to shield our back four leaving Etebo (a proven goalscorer from midfield) to partner with JMO, our 5 star midfield general. When the time comes, Gernot Rohr will make that decision.

Ndidi.......Onazi

? Mikel ?

?
Etebo has not proven to b a goalscorer at his club yet.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Goldleaf wrote:The selection of Onazi remains is based on emotion. Ndidi needs to shield our back four leaving Etebo (a proven goalscorer from midfield) to partner with JMO, our 5 star midfield general. When the time comes, Gernot Rohr will make that decision.
I agree. Ndidi is cut out for the DM role, and Mikel's position is not currently under threat. Therefore, the choice is really between Onazi and Etebo. In my view, Etebo is much more suitable, as he brings more complementary and incremental skills to the combo. However, it should not necessarily be a zero sum game, as Onazi will be an adequate reserve option (particularly as Mikel seems to tire after 70 mins). in any event, a good range of choices for Rohr to have (particularly with Nwakali developing for inclusion in the near future).
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Dammy wrote:He seems to be playing more as a CM than a DM.
I agree. He played far too upfront to be regarded a DM yesterday. Anytime Leicester were on the back foot, I didn't see him being that much a shield rather he was always back tracking and chasing the ball like an attacking player. He even got into scoring position once buy a last ditch clearance denied him the ball. But then his ball control was okay and ball distribution was done without delay...he always knew who had to give the ball to before receiving the ball. Only once did I see him lose a tango to Vitolo but it was a 50-50 situation.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:

Good win though.
Surely you are NOT talking about the game yesterday against Sevilla :shock:

I recall one errant pass and one moment when he was dispossessed. IIRC platinum posted a stat at half time where he had completed every single pass he made at that point. most rating sites gave him high marks

Second highest rating in his team: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... TINGS.html
A "tremendous display "http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leice ... story.html
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onazi is head and shoulders above Ndidi in the SE pecking order.Both have been invited for Rohr's 3 games in charge and Onazi has started every single time ahead of Ndidi. Even Etebo started ahead of Ndidi in his first invitation under Rohr against Algeria in Uyo. It is not always about what you do for your club in Europe but what you do in the GWG of Nigeria and Onazi has proven himself.
Ndidi is a converted CD and that is why he always seems to tire out by the 80 minute mark while Onazi keeps going strong for 90 minutes.
The midfield combo of Onazi, Etebo and Mikel is seyyled and Rohr has said the problem areas for him in the SE are the full-backs, Central defence (why I think Ndidi should move there) and back-up goalkeeper. As far as Rohr is concerned, his midfield and attack is settled.
The DM partnership of Onazi and Etebo did well in their first game together against Algeria and Rohr will give them game time to develop further.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

One thing I really like about Ndid, the guy is a monster when the ball is in the air..Bobo sabi jump and head the ball..solid DM
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:Onazi is head and shoulders above Ndidi in the SE pecking order.Both have been invited for Rohr's 3 games in charge and Onazi has started every single time ahead of Ndidi. Even Etebo started ahead of Ndidi in his first invitation under Rohr against Algeria in Uyo. It is not always about what you do for your club in Europe but what you do in the GWG of Nigeria and Onazi has proven himself.
Ndidi is a converted CD and that is why he always seems to tire out by the 80 minute mark while Onazi keeps going strong for 90 minutes.
The midfield combo of Onazi, Etebo and Mikel is seyyled and Rohr has said the problem areas for him in the SE are the full-backs, Central defence (why I think Ndidi should move there) and back-up goalkeeper. As far as Rohr is concerned, his midfield and attack is settled.
The DM partnership of Onazi and Etebo did well in their first game together against Algeria and Rohr will give them game time to develop further.

I see the Amala cloud very clearly. Always knew u were my homie! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Dammy wrote:Onazi is head and shoulders above Ndidi in the SE pecking order.Both have been invited for Rohr's 3 games in charge and Onazi has started every single time ahead of Ndidi. Even Etebo started ahead of Ndidi in his first invitation under Rohr against Algeria in Uyo. It is not always about what you do for your club in Europe but what you do in the GWG of Nigeria and Onazi has proven himself.
The midfield combo of Onazi, Etebo and Mikel is settled and Rohr has said the problem areas for him in the SE are the full-backs, Central defence (why I think Ndidi should move there) and back-up goalkeeper. As far as Rohr is concerned, his midfield and attack is settled.
I think Rohr gave Onazi respect for his long standing combo with Mikel. He did OK, but playing offensive against Algeria is a different ball game from defending against Algeria or Cameroon. But it was obvious even in the Zambia and Algeria that he was the weakest link in the midfield. Watch how in the Algeria game he (No.17) went after the ball against a player who was already being marked, and was then out of position to let the Algerian midfielder have free space to score their goal. Etebo covered up a lot for him that game. I agree no one is perfect but I noticed from the 3 games that he does not seem the same guy he was 2 years back. It may have been due to injury or the Turkish league; difficult to understand why this has happened. But the concern I have is that, given that Ndidi is more suited to the DM role, if Rohr persists with Onazi it may end being very costly for SE. I am hoping Rohr has discerned this, having now seen more of Ndidi (for Leicester and Gent) since then.