There is only one Jose

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: There is only one Jose

Post by Comrade Machel »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Danfo:

no vex o, but what have football debates got to do with how one earns or fails to earn a living? I think folks should be free to yab each other without bringing in how people make a living?

Maybe I am wrong sha, and you guys consider it fair game.
Makes me uncomfortable too chief. Employment, family and spouses are a no no for me :sad:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, I know what you are doing in London. suffer head! Thats why you opened a failing website to raise your failing income. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .
I know why you compared Pogba with Iniesta and did so in Pogba's favour and then tried to deny it - groupie obsession with Borinho. This has been going on for over 10 years, from Chelski to Inter Milan to Madrid to Chelski to Manure. From Kaycee2G to Yaya to Okokoborinko to Dumbo Drivel. You were in your teens when it started. I would have thought you would have outgrown it by now.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, I know what you are doing in London. suffer head! Thats why you opened a failing website to raise your failing income. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .
I know why you compared Pogba with Iniesta and did so in Pogba's favour and then tried to deny it - groupie obsession with Borinho. This has been going on for over 10 years, from Chelski to Inter Milan to Madrid to Chelski to Manure. From Kaycee2G to Yaya to Okokoborinko to Dumbo Drivel. You were in your teens when it started. I would have thought you would have outgrown it by now.

CiChicken George, this really hurts you huh? You are broke in london and your website refuses to get off the ground. Ewu! behave well and maybe I'll western union you some money for rent this month. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Man U is one of the biggest and most successful clubs in Europe that expects or should expect a very busy schedule every season. Yet oga Jose is complaining about scheduling.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:

CiChicken George, this really hurts you huh? You are broke in london and your website refuses to get off the ground. Ewu! behave well and maybe I'll western union you some money for rent this month. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Is that from your share of the 100m spent on Pogba, who you were comparing with Iniesta, but denied you were comparing?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:Man U is one of the biggest and most successful clubs in Europe that expects or should expect a very busy schedule every season. Yet oga Jose is complaining about scheduling.
But to be fair to him, even Fergie used to complain about busy schedules when he was around, and his teams used to have huge lists of injuries.

EPL teams look jaded by the time they get to 1/4 finals. But it's debateable though, lest someone attacks me for making excuses :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Samora Machel wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Danfo:

no vex o, but what have football debates got to do with how one earns or fails to earn a living? I think folks should be free to yab each other without bringing in how people make a living?

Maybe I am wrong sha, and you guys consider it fair game.
Makes me uncomfortable too chief. Employment, family and spouses are a no no for me :sad:
Quote: "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" :laugh:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:The problem here is merely a matter of priest tag. At 80 odd million, Ronaldo laced up his boots and was extraterrestrial, taking the game to a different galaxy. Was it uncouth of the audience, whet in appetite, to expect the extraordinary once more? Pogba cannot be held accountable for the pounds parted with in his procurement and yet neither could Zidane, Suarez or Cristiano. And yet, upon the exchange, there is indeed an acquisition of responsibility by the player. Whether he likes it or not, Pogba represents an act of outrageous ostentation and as exaggerated as the outlay was, so too must be the output. Many have gone for marvelous sums and proven their price, as have many failed to do so. One will turn to Ronaldo once more, 377 goals in 342 games. Pogba needs to prove he's worth the same sort of poundage.
Here lies the problem i think.
Big price tags like Ronaldo & Bale simply had to bang in goals, and shut up the noisemakers.
Pogba will not have the luxury of simply banging in goals, he does not operate like those 2 in any team set up.
The positions he is playing at Man United, how can he prove this, string of 10 consecutive MoM performances maybe :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

[/video]

like i said, those who have watched Pogba this season will tell you his influence. His asists will be in double figures if he wasnt creating for duds who dont know where the goal post is.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:[/video]

like i said, those who have watched Pogba this season will tell you his influence. His asists will be in double figures if he wasnt creating for duds who dont know where the goal post is.
Thank you very much :thumb:
Exactly how i am seeing things.

Let Paul Scholes do the same passes and he is called a legend who has 'amazing passing range' :biggrin:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:

Let Paul Scholes do the same passes and he is called a legend who has 'amazing passing range' :biggrin:
Though I wm not sold on Pogba yet he is better than Schools that's for sure
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Pogba might one day in the future be as good as Scholes. On his current play, he is not near Scholes. Pogba does 1-2 crossfield "Hollywood passes" per game. Scholes metronomically passed the ball around blind corners, played one-twos, got assists, and scored 15 goals a season from midfield for two decades.

Heck even CR7 raved about stuff Scholes could do. I recall CR7 saying that that he could not replicate the accuracy of some of the passes that Scholes pulled off. The Man Utd players nicknamed him "Sat-Nav" because of the incredible accuracy of his passing which could find a player in any location!

5 years ago Scholes came out of retirement (at age 37) in an FA Cup match away to the league leaders Man City. He came on as a sub against the top team in the league and in the merely 30 minutes he was on the pitch - completed more passes than any Man City player (who were on the pitch for 90 minutes - three times as long as him). :shock: Added amazement when you consider that Scholes had been inactive for the prior 8 months.

benteke wrote:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

cic old boy wrote: ... I know Pogba is relatively young, I know there is the first season syndrome, etc. But I tend to judge players on technical ability first. I have watched him from his Juve days and I'm not convinced he has it in him to be a great. He can be a very good player with experience, confidence, etc. But his technique is not top notch.
Please I don't care for the Pogba vs Iniesta vs jose vs racism argument but my guy, this your post is just wrong. Period. Pogba's actually key strength is his technique if you've been watching and you don't really need a lot of games watching him to figure that out. His shooting technique is near text book perfect on either foot and from distance. That is a rare ability. Obviously, most will rave about his athleticism (his leap, pace, overall mobility, etc) but his skill on the ball in everyway is what makes him unique a player for the CM role that he plays.

Its only a matter of time but a guy must not score 20 goals in a season from midfield before he is recognized as being top notch. Perhaps that is one reason why Iniesta's name came up. I'm too lazy to look up Iniesta's goal scoring stats but my wild guess is he score less than 10 goals per season (in La Liga) but no one questions his absolute world class ability for obvious reasons: you have to look beyond stats. For me, Iniesta doesn't need to score or even assist to put in a MOTM performance ... the begging question then becomes, why must it be different for Pogba? We need to learn to look past price tags & statistics and simply watch the game.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

green4life wrote:Please I don't care for the Pogba vs Iniesta vs jose vs racism argument but my guy, this your post is just wrong. Period. Pogba's actually key strength is his technique if you've been watching and you don't really need a lot of games watching him to figure that out. His shooting technique is near text book perfect on either foot and from distance. That is a rare ability. Obviously, most will rave about his athleticism (his leap, pace, overall mobility, etc) but his skill on the ball in everyway is what makes him unique a player for the CM role that he plays.

Its only a matter of time but a guy must not score 20 goals in a season from midfield before he is recognized as being top notch. Perhaps that is one reason why Iniesta's name came up. I'm too lazy to look up Iniesta's goal scoring stats but my wild guess is he score less than 10 goals per season (in La Liga) but no one questions his absolute world class ability for obvious reasons: you have to look beyond stats. For me, Iniesta doesn't need to score or even assist to put in a MOTM performance ... the begging question then becomes, why must it be different for Pogba? We need to learn to look past price tags & statistics and simply watch the game.
:lol: :lol: Another sly Iniesta/Pogba comparison. Go and watch Pogba, ignore the assist stats and see how many times his control, passing, etc let him down.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

This is another Pogba-Iniesta comparison. :???: :???:

Has football gone crazy, or what?

Pogba is a great player.
Iniesta is beyond great, an immortal.

Pogba on current stature cannot be mentioned in the same bracket as Iniesta (maybe in the next couple of years Pogba may yet become nearly as good as Iniesta)

Iniesta has been a key cog in teams that have won everything (everything). His individual honours are testament.
Pogba has won zilch (the Euro2016 was supposed to be Pogba's tournament, no?)

Its like comparing Youri Djorkaeff with Zinadine Zidane. Ridiculous.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Pogba is a great player.

Pogba on current stature cannot be mentioned in the same bracket as Iniesta (maybe in the next couple of years Pogba may yet become nearly as good as Iniesta)

Iniesta has been a key cog in teams that have won everything (everything). His individual honours are testament.

Why is it impossible for people to understand the discussion? :rotf: :rotf: Is it stubbornness, stupidity or just full blown bone-headedness?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As blacks, most, if not all of us want Pogba to succeed. As the world's most expensive player, the world wants him to do what hasn't been done before. Usainity. As the fastest man in the world, t'is not enough for Usain to win the race, rather there's an air of disappointment if he does so without smashing a world record. Pogba, by no choice of his own, has entered such echelon and must swim in the soup or be singed by the pot's bottom.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

danfo driver wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Pogba is a great player.

Why is it impossible for people to understand the discussion? :rotf: :rotf: Is it stubbornness, stupidity or just full blown bone-headedness?
:biggrin: Ah! Here comes the insulter-in-chief...I see you've still got insults to throw...Ride on... :biggrin: :biggrin:
Doesn't change anything: Pogba v Iniesta; no comparison...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Pogba is a great player.

He's too much of an Iniesta fan to grasp. The fact that he says "Iniesta is beyond great, an immortal" tells you all you need to know. Moving along....
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Pogba is a great player.

He's too much of an Iniesta fan to grasp. The fact that he says "Iniesta is beyond great, an immortal" tells you all you need to know. Moving along....

But bro, even if Iniesta is beyond great and immortal, thats fine. But thats not even the argument, which is why I am genuinely shocked and bemused as to why it is impossible to understand the discussion. I know Paul Pogba very well. I know how amazing a player he is and I saw him dominate Iniesta and Xavi more than 5 years ago when he was just a teenager, and they were in their prime. BUT THAT IS NOT THE ARGUMENT. The argument has never been whether he is as good as Iniesta or better or whatever.

I am shocked that they are refusing to see the argument here. LOL. It is not a comparison (per se), it is an analogy or a reference. They are attacking Pogba for not scoring or assisting enough. And we are using Iniesta as a reference to say, Pogba and Iniesta play the same position. Like literally, the same position. Pogba scores more than Iniesta and I believe he gets more assists than iniesta also. SO if Iniesta is not attacked for his lack of "numbers", then why is Paul attacked??? also, no one ever asks Iniesta to play as a DM, yet, Paul is actually seen as someone who can play DM by many simply because he is big and black! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: That is my shock at this conversation, and maybe I am thinking too much in my own bubble, but i just cannot understand how someone cannot understand the discussion? na wa o.

By the way, thank you for your post. I remember when someone likened Pogba to Sissoko :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I almost died laughing! Paul = glorified SIssoko??? Play Pogba as you will play SIssoko and you will have a rubbish player on your hand. The fact that people dont see that Pogba's strength is his passing, dribbiling his technical ability rather than his pace (which he doesnt even have that much) or his power and physique, just tells you how much football some people watch.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote: I know Paul Pogba very well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear! This time it is personal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote: I know Paul Pogba very well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear! This time it is personal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed it is! I am not going to allow a fake baseball jersey wearing, pot bellied, round puss faced, labalaba trouser wearing, house negro talk down on a top player like Paul. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

By the way, shey you like base ball jerseys well well. I saw the fake ones you wear. I can have authentic ones sent over to you. As in, authentic jerseys worn by the players. Your poverty stricken figure in those pictures you posted looks like you need some form of charity! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If your arrogance will allow you, send me a pm and I can arrange several jerseys shipped over.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:
Indeed it is! I am not going to allow a fake baseball jersey wearing, pot bellied, round puss faced, labalaba trouser wearing, house negro talk down on a top player like Paul. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

By the way, shey you like base ball jerseys well well. I saw the fake ones you wear. I can have authentic ones sent over to you. As in, authentic jerseys worn by the players. Your poverty stricken figure in those pictures you posted looks like you need some form of charity! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If your arrogance will allow you, send me a pm and I can arrange several jerseys shipped over.
From Borinho obsession to "knowing Pogba very well".