Hayatou reign is over...!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Hayatou reign is over...!!!!!!!

Post by nemi2002 »

cic old boy wrote:I don't follow football politricks closely, but I heard the Naija govt insisted the NFF should support Hayatou. Is this true?
Yes. According to reports
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Congratulations to the new president!
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Finally
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

cic old boy wrote:I don't follow football politricks closely, but I heard the Naija govt insisted the NFF should support Hayatou. Is this true?
Apparently Dalung did say something about Nigeria supporting Cameroon in appreciation of their support in the fight against Boko Haram. But it was never his call, and I'm sure the NFF went with the man they had supported all along. Kudos to them.
To stop trying is to start dying
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Congrats to the new President. A few years ago, Hayatou said the last term would be his last one. I was shocked when I heard he was running again.
I wish these positions had term limits. The idea that someone will be in office for decades is just sick.

Bepanda
sayala
Egg
Egg

Post by sayala »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
For Change
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The Mugabe of African football is gone.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:The Mugabe of African football is gone.
E remain Zimbabwean Mugabe and English football Mugabe.... :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

For me the big question is what program Ahmad has for Africa. It seems to me that at least Infantino will be happy and that would help. Likely Ahmad will move the schedule of CAN. However, the challenge is how well will he do raising funds and developing football.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Finally! Hayatou, Biya, Wenger, Mugabe.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So Uncle Wenger is now in the same category as Mugabe? :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kudos to Pinnik for ushering in Change in African Football!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
CHINYANGWA: "We destroyed the Dictator"

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

1naija wrote:Kudos to Pinnik for ushering in Change in African Football!
He is still an egg head, literally and figuratively.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHINYANGWA: "We destroyed the Dictator"

Post by Enugu II »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHINYANGWA: "We destroyed the Dictator"

Post by benteke »

Enugu II wrote:

:laugh:
It takes a crook to catch a crook.
Samora, come see your boy
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

bepanda wrote:Congrats to the new President. A few years ago, Hayatou said the last term would be his last one. I was shocked when I heard he was running again.
I wish these positions had term limits. The idea that someone will be in office for decades is just sick.

Bepanda
Same script from incumbents. They end up having several last terms. It also signals the incumbent has run out of ideas but still wants to be Boss. Hayatou has / had no vision for CAF. For those that remember the AFCON in the 90s (1990, 1994) etc and what it is now ...you' see what happens when you have a leadership without vision, without purpose and one that adds no value. The value of what they're "leading" suffers....they suck life out of the darn thing. Empty stadiums, shuddy preparations, non-holistic view of things. The AFCON should have at least been moved to once every 3 years if not 4 years BUT the old guard sees AFCON only from the lens of the revenue they get from it every two years. They do not and did not consider the possibility of getting more revenue even for a 3 or 4 yr format that is well marketed, planned while also lessening the weight it puts on the value of our African Players that play in Europe. Totally lacking in imagination . This is one of the best football news for me in a while.

Typical of African incumbents, they never know when its time to resign and dodge the embarrassment. #whathappenswhenyou'rehighonyourowncoolade
Last edited by icee on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

camex wrote:Congratulations to the new president!
Does perpetuating oneself in power have anything to do with Camerounians considering also Paul Biya? Even one CE has been too long capra aegagrus hircus when he should have been retired into a pot of pepper soup.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

AMEN!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

anointed wrote:
camex wrote:Congratulations to the new president!
Does perpetuating oneself in power have anything to do with Camerounians considering also Paul Biya? Even one CE has been too long capra aegagrus hircus when he should have been retired into a pot of pepper soup.
True. We've had two president in 60 years.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved