Ahmad refuses CAF salary

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ahmad refuses CAF salary

Post by Comrade Machel »

Yes thats right, our man will not be paid by CAF. He has refused their salary. We will take care of him from our meagre resources in southern Africa. This west and central africa make I chop make you chop thing you lot had going at CAF is gone :taunt: By the time our man is done songs and poems will made about him. We are here to clean up african football

With Dr Danny Jordaan as head of marketing africa nagions and media watch the funds flow into the caf coffers. We will leave caf better than we met it :taunt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39837387

Ahmad
Ahmad won the Caf presidential election in March, ending Issa Hayatou's 29-year reign.
The new Confederation of African Football (Caf) President, Ahmad, says he has refused to accept a salary from African football's governing body.

His election in March ended Cameroonian Issa Hayatou's 29-year reign.

"I've refused a Caf salary for the simple reason it doesn't respect good administration," he told BBC Sport.

"The salaries of all Caf employees, from administrators to the executive committee and president, all have to be transparent."

The 57-year-old from Madagascar held his first senior Caf meetings on Monday ahead of the Fifa Congress on Thursday 11 May.

Key among the topics being discussed are how to reform Caf.

We will take a decision that suits everyone so that this competition is valued again and attracts more resources and attract bigger audiences in Africa.

Caf president Ahmad on the Africa Cup of Nations
"The reform of the administration is a very important point - everyone must know what is happening" said Ahmad.

"First we must review the standards of management so that we can apply the reforms.

Ahmad, who goes by a single name, says there is much work to be done - in lots of areas - to make Caf work "as it should.

"I'm sorry to tell you when I was part of the Caf Executive Committee there was no separation of powers - the judicial body, the executive one and the congress - and we have to respect the independence of each body," he continued.

"There is a big tendency to monopolise power in the executive committee.

"It has to be reviewed and reformed with new statutes for Caf so that everyone can concentrate on their proper tasks.

Ahmad has also voiced concerns about the popularity of their flagship Africa Cup of Nations tournament saying it's in danger of being overshadowed by the African Nations Championship (CHAN) which is for locally based players.

He says in light of these concerns, there will also be a full review of all the Caf competitions, and as such, a symposium will be organised to discuss the future of the events.

"The symposium will be made up of representatives from all parts of African football so we can discuss what we are going to do in all the competitions - Afcon [Africa Cup of Nations], CHAN, the youth tournaments and the women's events," he explained.

The symposium will be held in Morocco on 15-16 July 2017 and will be followed by a Caf Executive Committee the next day to discuss the implementation of the main resolutions of the symposium.

Ahmad said he was particularly keen to address issues such as dwindling numbers of spectators at recent tournaments, and players increasingly finding themselves in compromised situations with their clubs during Nations Cups.

"We need to take into account their situation. We must ensure that the Nations Cup doesn't destroy their careers," he insisted.

"So we are going to review all of that and we will take a decision that suits everyone so that this competition is valued again and attracts more resources and attract bigger audiences in Africa."
:

Ahmad also spoke about giving more power to the presidents of the individual federations, describing them as the "Sovereign Body" - who "have to make the big decisions for the confederation."

Ahmad has promised to arrange a new Caf congress in due course in order to validate the proposed changes.

He also wants to look at the re-investment of Caf resources to aid the development of football across the continent, stressing that "Caf is not here to make money to enrich itself."
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: Ahmad refuses CAF salary

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

I am extremely sceptical.

By the way Samora "our man"? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I also see that thief and charlatan Philip Chiyangwa is now involved in deciding where the next Afcon is held. Africa is about to be schooled in the art of corruption and bribery. God help us all.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Gudo wrote:I am extremely sceptical.

I also see that thief and charlatan Philip Chiyangwa is now involved in deciding where the next Afcon is held. Africa is about to be schooled in the art of corruption and bribery. God help us all.

Madagascar is in southern africa chief. I recently discovered Ahmad and I share he same totem so he is a cousin twice removed :rotf:

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Samora Machel wrote:

Madagascar is in southern africa chief. I recently discovered Ahmad and I share he same totem so he is a cousin twice removed :rotf:

I am already missing Issa Hayatou. Better the devil you know that the devil you "really" know.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

It's our turn to eat.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

However, he is paying each national FA President $20,000 annually from CAF coffers. That is $1.08 million annually going to the pockets of administrators. Perhaps, it explains why he is foregoing a salary. :dream:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

He's already talking up clubs using the players welfare as baits. He's there to do the West bidding. AFCON has just been sent to the back seat - quadrennial and summer AFCON, here we come
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh wrote:He's already talking up clubs using the players welfare as baits. He's there to do the West bidding. AFCON has just been sent to the back seat - quadrennial and summer AFCON, here we come
I predicted this a while back and that is exactly what will happen. AFCON will also go to a four year instead of a 2-year cycle. He also plans to cancel the CHAN. Ordinarily, these things may not matter if he is able to show that he will be able to increase CAF's revenue with his changes and develop football but you get the feeling from day 1 that the West is pulling the string underneath.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Good he has set standards unfortunately Nigerians will stop applying.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

pajimoh wrote:He's already talking up clubs using the players welfare as baits. He's there to do the West bidding. AFCON has just been sent to the back seat - quadrennial and summer AFCON, here we come
There's nothing wrong with a quadrennial and summer AFCON, we must sit and discuss the pros and cons before making decisions and stop thinking everything is about some war with the west. If we had leagues that were developed we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Emmm...does that Pinnick will not collect a salary too at CAF? I am just asking o.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
There's nothing wrong with a quadrennial and summer AFCON, we must sit and discuss the pros and cons before making decisions and stop thinking everything is about some war with the west. If we had leagues that were developed we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Well Nigeria needs more time to prepare for Afcons than most so a summer tournament every four years is a blessing in disguise!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The Guardian has learned that the Swiss prosecutor Cornel Borbély, who was chairman of the ethics committee’s “investigatory chamber”, had begun examining complaints that Infantino and the Fifa general secretary, Fatma Samoura, improperly sought to influence the election in March of their favoured candidate for president of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), Ahmad Ahmad .

The allegations are understood to include claims from senior figures in African football that Infantino and Samoura promised FA presidents, in a series of private meetings, that they could accelerate the payment of Fifa development money to their football associations if the presidents voted for Ahmad.

Borbély is also understood to have begun an investigation into the newly elected CAF president, Ahmad, for allegedly seeking money from the former Asian Football Confederation president, Mohammed bin Hammam, who was banned by Fifa in 2012. Ahmad has denied wrongdoing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... alpractice
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:

It's our turn to eat.
:thumbs:

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I also see that thief and charlatan Philip Chiyangwa is now involved in deciding where the next Afcon is held.
Africa is about to be schooled in the art of corruption and bribery. God help us all.
So there was no corruption and bribery with the previous officials? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please tone down the hyperbole, and search for 'African corrupt football officials'.
Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges