LEICESTER CITY EYE ETEBO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LEICESTER CITY EYE ETEBO

Post by Cristao II »

Dammy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Cally wrote:Etebo will hold his own at any club in the world. That's how much I rate his talent and heart. I wish him the best.
No bruv. Relax. Before you start talking "any club", how many goals has he scored at Farense first... Does anyone here know his best position on the field? I watched him in Brazil play essentially as a support striker. The other day on CE, people were talking about him as Onazi's partner in defensive midfield. I have never seen that drastic of a position switch in such a short period of time
He is the Gareth Bale of Nigerian football, he can play a variety of positions and that is why he is so highly rated and not because he scored 4 goals in one match.
Why? Did he score a freekick in a WCQ at 16 years old for Nigeria? Does he own the setpiece taking rights for Nigeria? What is the comparison with Gareth Bale? At 21, Gareth was only playing LB!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cristao II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Cally wrote:Etebo will hold his own at any club in the world. That's how much I rate his talent and heart. I wish him the best.
No bruv. Relax. Before you start talking "any club", how many goals has he scored at Farense first... Does anyone here know his best position on the field? I watched him in Brazil play essentially as a support striker. The other day on CE, people were talking about him as Onazi's partner in defensive midfield. I have never seen that drastic of a position switch in such a short period of time
He is the Gareth Bale of Nigerian football, he can play a variety of positions and that is why he is so highly rated and not because he scored 4 goals in one match.
Why? Did he score a freekick in a WCQ at 16 years old for Nigeria? Does he own the setpiece taking rights for Nigeria? What is the comparison with Gareth Bale? At 21, Gareth was only playing LB!
He plays a varirty of positions. As an AM, he was top scorer in the U23 AFCON and also scored 4 goals in a single game at the Olympics. He has played DM and CM for the SE effectively and operates as a RW and LW effectively for his club, Feirense. He has the type of speed that Bale has and was recently described as having "superhuman speed" by a Turkish newspaper.
I am happy
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Enugu II wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:Etebo had an assist and scored the winning goal for his team tonight in their 3-2 victory over Chaves.

TBH, Etebo's performance should not be based on goals but based on effort and play. It is like evaluating Kante based on number of goals scored. To me, the 4 goals in Rio were unexpected. He is not a striker.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Have you ever watched Etebo play?
He is nothing like Kante.
He is more like Alli or Lampard. Goalscoring is core to his game
Unfortunately, you badly missed the point. :roll: Nothing else to add.
The point is you're clueless about etebo as you are with most things football related
Comparing him to Kante is the dumbest thing I've ever read
At least I didn't miss that