RANGERS vs ZAMALEK. WHAT IS THE RESULT?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
RANGERS vs ZAMALEK. WHAT IS THE RESULT?

Post by Obong »

Thought the game was at 4pm today.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RANGERS vs ZAMALEK. WHAT IS THE RESULT?

Post by zee »

Sunday...............and hopefully it will be 4-0.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

zee wrote:Sunday...............and hopefully it will be 4-0.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na yam...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Thanks, zee. Without the likes of Nwobodo, I hope they pull it off. Coach Imama can weave the magic.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

20' Enugu Rangers 0 - 0 Zamalek

The goals had better start coming quickly!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ukwala wrote:20' Enugu Rangers 0 - 0 Zamalek

36min and still 0-0......................I guess we are out. :(
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

zee wrote:

Meeeen, it is not looking good for us :veryangry: :veryangry:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The start of the comeback!
http://www.naijiant.com/
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ukwala wrote:
zee wrote:

Meeeen, it is not looking good for us :veryangry: :veryangry:
1-0 1st half to Rangers............2 more to go. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

60th min .............still 1-0.
A 2nd goal need to come before the 75min.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

zee wrote:60th min .............still 1-0.
A 2nd goal need to come before the 75min.

1-1
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

A team struggling badly in the league...expecting them to score 4 unreplied goals is like waiting at the seashore waiting for the crabs to close their eyes and go to sleep. All i have to say is good luck! Our teams have been rubbish on the continent..bloody waste of time and resources. One can even say we cabnoy compete at that level agaon.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:A team struggling badly in the league...expecting them to score 4 unreplied goals is like waiting at the seashore waiting for the crabs to close their eyes and go to sleep. All i have to say is good luck! Our teams have been rubbish on the continent..bloody waste of time and resources. One can even say we cabnoy compete at that level agaon.

Oloye,

It is over but realistically, even if Rangers was doing well in the league it would have been a toss up against a team like Zamalek which provides several players for the Egyptian NT and has done historically well in Africa. I thought from the fixtures late last year that Rangers had very little chance of getting into the ACL league phase. Except for Wikki Tourists, Nigerian clubs did not have generous schedule in the opening stages as was the case in the past.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

2-1 for us.................but it was not enough.
Anyway, time to concentrate on the league.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Game over.. Rangers out, but a good case against Zamalek on Pablo. he was not suppose to play the fiirst leg in Cairo.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Do Rangers drop down to the Confederations Cup now?
I am happy
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Even an elite club like Rangers fail to make any imprints on the continental stage, and we wonder why our league has sunk to the gutters...it definitely can't be due to lack of talents, cause you have to do more to convince me that no single Nigerian club can compete at this level due to a dearth of good players...even small Zambian clubs like Zanaco and Zesco with far less sponsorships perform well in this type of tournaments, so wherr exactly did we go wrong?? That's why I laugh when the pro- home based players advocates begin to make noise about the SE coach not looking into the league for the NT...we simply don't have the quality anymore, Shikena.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:Do Rangers drop down to the Confederations Cup now?

If previous system is used then it will not be automatic.Rangers, Rivers, & the 14 losers in the ACL will have to play for a place in the Confed Cup league phase against the 16 winning teams in the Confed Cup second round.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Chimex101 wrote:Even an elite club like Rangers fail to make any imprints on the continental stage, and we wonder why our league has sunk to the gutters...it definitely can't be due to lack of talents, cause you have to do more to convince me that no single Nigerian club can compete at this level due to a dearth of good players...even small Zambian clubs like Zanaco and Zesco with far less sponsorships perform well in this type of tournaments, so wherr exactly did we go wrong?? That's why I laugh when the pro- home based players advocates begin to make noise about the SE coach not looking into the league for the NT...we simply don't have the quality anymore, Shikena.
While one can say that Nigerian football (local) has declined, it must be stated that even at the height of Nigerian football it was never a guarantee that a Nigerian club would beat a team like Zamalek. Take that to the bank. Of the four Nigerian teams, only Wikki Tourists had what you could classify as an easy schedule in this year's continental Cup. This year, as I stated before the first ball was kicked, was the toughest in terms of scheduled continental cup games for Nigerian reps. Make no mistake about that.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Enugu II wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:Even an elite club like Rangers fail to make any imprints on the continental stage, and we wonder why our league has sunk to the gutters...it definitely can't be due to lack of talents, cause you have to do more to convince me that no single Nigerian club can compete at this level due to a dearth of good players...even small Zambian clubs like Zanaco and Zesco with far less sponsorships perform well in this type of tournaments, so wherr exactly did we go wrong?? That's why I laugh when the pro- home based players advocates begin to make noise about the SE coach not looking into the league for the NT...we simply don't have the quality anymore, Shikena.
While one can say that Nigerian football (local) has declined, it must be stated that even at the height of Nigerian football it was never a guarantee that a Nigerian club would beat a team like Zamalek. Take that to the bank. Of the four Nigerian teams, only Wikki Tourists had what you could classify as an easy schedule in this year's continental Cup. This year, as I stated before the first ball was kicked, was the toughest in terms of scheduled continental cup games for Nigerian reps. Make no mistake about that.
But how do we address these problem of our clubs underperfoming at every continental tournament?