Invitation-Reservation for Foreign Developed Player..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Invitation-Reservation for Foreign Developed Player..

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Enugu II, quick question.

So, if you never played football in Nigeria, and out of poverty, you left Nigeria at 38 and went to Belgium to drive a taxi. However, as things will have it, from time to time, during your off days, you go down the road to play football with a lot of Belgians. Does that qualify you as a "foreign developed player?"
Obviously, no. We are actually writing about those playing elite football.

Hmmm.. thanks for your response Enugu.

Now, what if the earlier scenario was the same, but you were able to speak to the coach at Beveren and convince him that you are Jay Jay Okocha's cousin and you were signed by the club for one season? Will that qualify you as a "foreign developed player?"

And No one should tell me that this is fairytales. We have seen it before

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -game.html
Danfo Driver,

The definition covers those who spent most of their football development outside the country. If the hypothetical subject never played football at all while in Nigeria and is 38 now getting to Europe and signed by an European team. TBH, the scenario makes no sense. How is it that a club can sign a 38 year old guy who never had any football training?

Create a more plausible scenario and use the location of the guys football education to determine whether he is foreign developed or not. The Ali story is a bit unclear where he was trained -- was it in Europe or back home?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

To be honest, I was shocked that you even entertained me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

E2,

You must be talking about Amartey and Partey situation.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Enugu II wrote:danfo,

Let me help out here a bit with another scenario.

Assume there is this 19 year old who never played football in Nigeria but gets to Europe and somehow gets hit by Holy Spirit ( :rotf: ) and then becomes football mad training in Europe and gets into an Euro club where he eventually features and gets invited to the SE and plays. What is he? He is foreign-developed because most of his football education was based outside Nigeria.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

E2,

You must be talking about Amartey and Partey situation.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Enugu II wrote:danfo,

Let me help out here a bit with another scenario.

Assume there is this 19 year old who never played football in Nigeria but gets to Europe and somehow gets hit by Holy Spirit ( :rotf: ) and then becomes football mad training in Europe and gets into an Euro club where he eventually features and gets invited to the SE and plays. What is he? He is foreign-developed because most of his football education was based outside Nigeria.