Ghana Ref Lamptey Banned For Life by FIFA...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ghana Ref Lamptey Banned For Life by FIFA...

Post by Enugu II »

Last November following the disgraceful officiating of the South Africa/Senegal WCQ, CAF had banned Lamptey for three months and now FIFA has placed the hammer.
FIFA bans referee Lamptey for life
https://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2017/ ... -for-life/
Category: Lead, Sports MARCH 20, 2017 0 0

The world football governing body, FIFA has banned Ghanaian referee, Joseph Odartei Lamptey for life. The ban, FIFA says keeps Lamptey away from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level for life.

According to FIFA, he was found guilty of breaching art. 69 par. 1 (unlawfully influencing match results) of the FIFA Disciplinary Code during the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia qualifying match between South Africa and Senegal on November 12, 2016

However, all charges against another Ghanaian match official, David Lionheart Nii Lartey Laryea, whose behaviour had also been the subject of investigations, were dismissed by the FIFA Disciplinary Committe, the organisation said in a statement copied to Ghana business news.com.

By Emmanuel K Dogbevi
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana Ref Lamptey Banned For Life by FIFA...

Post by bret- hart »

This is why I'm happy thief Hayatou is gone. Too many corrupt refs ruining African football.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...yep...Ref Lamptey is same as wRongling...that is why we have not been seeing him here...Ref Lamptey is wRongling my true assumption...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Dude cost us the 2015 AFCON appearance with a dodgy penalty to small Congo at home.

Senegal can still qualify though, but no easy games in that group. Burkina Faso is an excellent side & Cape Verde can still put a decent team together, even though they are not as good as they were a few years ago.

Bafana must not qualify.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf: African standards are too lax,that angel* of a referee would have been ready for the next round of World Cup qualifiers if not for FIFA,people that want justice and change find it hard in Africa as they (Caf in this circumstance) don't seem to understand the severity of such poor officiating and what it means in the long term for those affected!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Eaglezbeak wrote::rotf: African standards are too lax,that angel* of a referee would have been ready for the next round of World Cup qualifiers if not for FIFA,people that want justice and change find it hard in Africa as they (Caf in this circumstance) don't seem to understand the severity of such poor officiating and what it means in the long term for those affected!
:roll: :roll:

..so refs being manipulated is just an African problem?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

What is the evidence against this man that warranted a life ban?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:What is the evidence against this man that warranted a life ban?
He's a breda. What more do you want? That is more than enough in any Naija man's book. He's guilty by half :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TBH, I had the same question. I saw the penalty and it was an atrocious call but it had to be more than that. I have seen bizarre calls by referees beyond the pk call by the guy. This is why I believe that it goes beyond that pk call but it will take watching the entire video which is on youtube. I have not done that yet.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:

TBH, I had the same question. I saw the penalty and it was an atrocious call but it had to be more than that. I have seen bizarre calls by referees beyond the pk call by the guy. This is why I believe that it goes beyond that pk call but it will take watching the entire video which is on youtube. I have not done that yet.
They must have some evidence from other matches as well.

Remember the Ibrahim Chaibou guy that was in charge of the Nigeria - Argentina friendly who awarded a phantom penalty in the 8th minute of 'injury time'. That guys was a tool in the hand of betting syndicates & was known for bizarre decisions in matches.

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2011/0 ... d-by-fifa/

Lamptey was towing similar lines with some of his decisions in crucial matches as well, & I think they must have some serious on him to give him this ban and announce it publicly. If it was circumstantial, they could just stop assigning games to him.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So what happen to those ref inEurope I mean the ref that gave France a free ticket to world cup when Henry carry the ball with his hand?
Was he banned also?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I cannot imagine him being banned for life for just some errors. There must be a lot more to this
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This happened to a Gambian ref too:
Gambian referee banned for life
+ -

Print Format Save Article
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has issued a life suspension of football activity to Gambian referee Pa Abdou Sarr for taking bribe, the pan-African football body said Thursday.

The CAF disciplinary board, at a meeting held July 4, found Sarr guilty for collecting bribe during the game between Togo and Tunisia at the African Under-17 Championship held March in Togo and he has been banned for life to participate in any football related activity, said CAF on its website.

The disciplinary board also found guilty of Avlessi Tata de Mass, President of Togo Football Association, for bribing the match official. Avlessi has been handed eight years ban to participate in any football related activity.

Attivi Atevi Cessi, played as a link man, has also been found guilty and has been banned for four years to take part in any football related activity.

"It has been proved that Avlessi provided the money to Attivi to pass it on to the referee," said the CAF, without providing further details.

Source: Xinhua
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:

I actually believe it is not just this game. Perhaps they have a lot more than we think.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

pajimoh wrote:
He's a breda. What more do you want? That is more than enough in any Naija man's book. He's guilty by half :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with you, bro. We don't need bredas anywhere near serious football.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

tfco wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote::rotf: African standards are too lax,that angel* of a referee would have been ready for the next round of World Cup qualifiers if not for FIFA,people that want justice and change find it hard in Africa as they (Caf in this circumstance) don't seem to understand the severity of such poor officiating and what it means in the long term for those affected!
:roll: :roll:

..so refs being manipulated is just an African problem?
No but Caf didn't see fit to punish him for embarrassing African football and FIFA ended his career for some reason (how did Fifa come to such a conclusion when Caf thought it was alright to see him back after quarterly break?),now there's the problem,why was he banned for life anyway?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Waffiman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I actually believe it is not just this game. Perhaps they have a lot more than we think.
it is NOT about an erroneous penalty call, all referees make mistakes

It is about being manipulated regarding the outcome of a football match...or maybe more than one football match

2 different things

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote:I cannot imagine him being banned for life for just some errors. There must be a lot more to this

He was banned for being just a "Little too short" for a ref! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Very dodgy referee. :clap: thank God. We shall get rid of them one by one..
1. Koffi Codjia
2. Chaibou
3. Lamptey
Now there are a couple of North African dudes with a similar pattern of behavior. One of them refereed our group stage match against Burkina in CAN 2013. I think the other one sent off Pitroipa against Ghana. They better pad up their bank accounts as quick as possible cos the end is nigh.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goldleaf wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
I agree with you, bro. We don't need bredas anywhere near serious football.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.