Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40783
Location: Akoko Highlands
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45179
balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?
...there are many retired people working as door attendees, example at walmart, do you call them punishing themselves? If you have the ability to draw extra income, great, go for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 9347
Location: seattle
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?
...there are many retired people working as door attendees, example at walmart, do you call them punishing themselves? If you have the ability to draw extra income, great, go for it.


:clap: :clap: Good job Meal-call alias Mcal, no mind mugus. when you just breath and get paid - its called residual income. And football no be job to begin with unless you play for struggling Manu

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40783
Location: Akoko Highlands
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?
...there are many retired people working as door attendees, example at walmart, do you call them punishing themselves? If you have the ability to draw extra income, great, go for it.


You can't put ball players in such brackets. They are high income earners who don't have to augment their incomes like the older folks working at the Walmarts of the world.

I am well aware they earned the bulk of their money very fast unlike others who build their wealth over time. Financial education and proper post-career planning would have helped.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:26 am
Posts: 1959
pajimoh wrote:
Polly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Tbite wrote:
It's a damn shame, that these guys would rather play in Indonesia than Nigeria.

That we have made our league that unattractive! If these guys cannot play in Nigeria, then our football has failed.

While one can sing the patriotic hymn and call for them to sacrifice..the truth is our clubs back home lack the basic requirements to lure one that has played at the some of the best clubs and best leagues back to the local scene. There is simply nothing to motivate you,nothing. The question need be asked what happened to the ones that went back? They slipped quietely their contribution or lack of it not mentioned anywhere. Seriously why risk your life ? Yes it is that drastic when you realise the wide gulf in conditions they have to cross.

A simple trip from Enugu to Maiduguri on our death contraption called road os enough to make you ask yourself serious questions and question your motive for putting yourself through hell at a time when you should be winding down.


Enugu to Maiduguri, Oloye? How about ordinary Aba to Port Harcourt?

But what this story tells us is way bigger than soccer. It is about Nigeria today. Footballers are running away, and it makes news. Many less-visible professionals return home often to die, physically or otherwise.

Na only footballers? Everyone wey dry sit tight for abroad dey enjoy light ND internet connection plus wages on time ns Erin you think say dey keep you there? Abeg make we no even look far than our nose


PaJimoh, you misunderstood me. Perhaps you didn't finish reading before you wrote. I said, "Many less-visible professionals return home often to die, physically or otherwise."

Meaning: Nigerians other than footballers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45179
balo wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?
...there are many retired people working as door attendees, example at Walmart, do you call them punishing themselves? If you have the ability to draw extra income, great, go for it.


You can't put ball players in such brackets. They are high income earners who don't have to augment their incomes like the older folks working at the Walmarts of the world.

I am well aware they earned the bulk of their money very fast unlike others who build their wealth over time. Financial education and proper post-career planning would have helped.
...care to state a typical footballer take home pay?
We always here and read a player making 200k a week, so so and so, including those that make 10 grand a week which is never a chump change.
How much of that huge grand is actually his, and after all the taxes and deductions and agent's pay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40783
Location: Akoko Highlands
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?
...there are many retired people working as door attendees, example at Walmart, do you call them punishing themselves? If you have the ability to draw extra income, great, go for it.


You can't put ball players in such brackets. They are high income earners who don't have to augment their incomes like the older folks working at the Walmarts of the world.

I am well aware they earned the bulk of their money very fast unlike others who build their wealth over time. Financial education and proper post-career planning would have helped.
...care to state a typical footballer take home pay?
We always here and read a player making 200k a week, so so and so, including those that make 10 grand a week which is never a chump change.
How much of that huge grand is actually his, and after all the taxes and deductions and agent's pay.



I don't know what a typical baller's salary is. But I do know they earn more than their friends on a typical pay.

Here is what I found on Osaze:

https://constative.com/celebrity/osaze- ... and-salary

Quote:
Osaze Odemwingie Net Worth, Family And House
He owns a house in France, Paris, Fulham Road in London, a mansion in GRA Benin and also in Vitoria Garden City, Lekki, Lagos State Nigeria. Osaze Odemwingie is married to Sarah Fallon, they had their white wedding on 26th of May 2012, at a church in Northampton after two years of dating.

Osaze Odemwingie current weekly salary is £28,846 and his yearly salary at Stoke City is £1,500,000. Osaze Odemwingie net worth is estimated $5.5 million dollars. This estimation is based on his past salaries and what he has earned from his past clubs and the salary he earns from playing for his country national team.


You can tell me what Engineer, Medical Doctor, Lawyer or Business owners make that much in a week. Never mind the bonuses he gets/got as well.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45179
balo wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?
...there are many retired people working as door attendees, example at Walmart, do you call them punishing themselves? If you have the ability to draw extra income, great, go for it.


You can't put ball players in such brackets. They are high income earners who don't have to augment their incomes like the older folks working at the Walmarts of the world.

I am well aware they earned the bulk of their money very fast unlike others who build their wealth over time. Financial education and proper post-career planning would have helped.
...care to state a typical footballer take home pay?
We always here and read a player making 200k a week, so so and so, including those that make 10 grand a week which is never a chump change.
How much of that huge grand is actually his, and after all the taxes and deductions and agent's pay.



I don't know what a typical baller's salary is. But I do know they earn more than their friends on a typical pay.

Here is what I found on Osaze:

https://constative.com/celebrity/osaze- ... and-salary

Quote:
Osaze Odemwingie Net Worth, Family And House
He owns a house in France, Paris, Fulham Road in London, a mansion in GRA Benin and also in Vitoria Garden City, Lekki, Lagos State Nigeria. Osaze Odemwingie is married to Sarah Fallon, they had their white wedding on 26th of May 2012, at a church in Northampton after two years of dating.

Osaze Odemwingie current weekly salary is £28,846 and his yearly salary at Stoke City is £1,500,000. Osaze Odemwingie net worth is estimated $5.5 million dollars. This estimation is based on his past salaries and what he has earned from his past clubs and the salary he earns from playing for his country national team.


You can tell me what Engineer, Medical Doctor, Lawyer or Business owners make that much in a week. Never mind the bonuses he gets/got as well.
...great, with such big pay days comes big responsibilities, reason why some want to keep playing to augment what they have. In oyinbo land people pay property taxes yearly and that can be huge depending the house location and worth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25116
Polly wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Polly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Tbite wrote:
It's a damn shame, that these guys would rather play in Indonesia than Nigeria.

That we have made our league that unattractive! If these guys cannot play in Nigeria, then our football has failed.

While one can sing the patriotic hymn and call for them to sacrifice..the truth is our clubs back home lack the basic requirements to lure one that has played at the some of the best clubs and best leagues back to the local scene. There is simply nothing to motivate you,nothing. The question need be asked what happened to the ones that went back? They slipped quietely their contribution or lack of it not mentioned anywhere. Seriously why risk your life ? Yes it is that drastic when you realise the wide gulf in conditions they have to cross.

A simple trip from Enugu to Maiduguri on our death contraption called road os enough to make you ask yourself serious questions and question your motive for putting yourself through hell at a time when you should be winding down.


Enugu to Maiduguri, Oloye? How about ordinary Aba to Port Harcourt?

But what this story tells us is way bigger than soccer. It is about Nigeria today. Footballers are running away, and it makes news. Many less-visible professionals return home often to die, physically or otherwise.

Na only footballers? Everyone wey dry sit tight for abroad dey enjoy light ND internet connection plus wages on time ns Erin you think say dey keep you there? Abeg make we no even look far than our nose


PaJimoh, you misunderstood me. Perhaps you didn't finish reading before you wrote. I said, "Many less-visible professionals return home often to die, physically or otherwise."

Meaning: Nigerians other than footballers.

You're so right bro. Sorry wasn't disagreeing with you. If I'd read all your post all I need do is "Kpom" it. Not too late. KPOM to the 100th degree :tic:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25192
$10K monthly salary no be beans ohh.. besides, he sill not struggle to play in Indonesia. Free $10,000..

balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14880
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Purity wrote:
$10K monthly salary no be beans ohh.. besides, he sill not struggle to play in Indonesia. Free $10,000..

balo wrote:
Purity wrote:
Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.



Can Osaze live on that monthly?

Those guys have made good chunks of money during their active days. Were there no investments made?

Look at Yakubu that has been playing for decades, why is he still punishing himself doing what he is doing at his current team?


TBH, these are individual decisions that are mostly based on earning a living. Oasis earning career is possibly no more than 20 years may be less while most of us will have far longer. For me, they should continue to play for the money as long as they can and someone is willing to pay wherever.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40783
Location: Akoko Highlands
And here is another one. What does he want? Green Card? US Second League kwa!!


_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AYALA, Ayo Akinfe, Bing [Bot], ikeo, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 75 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group