Osaze agrees Indonesian club move

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Osaze agrees Indonesian club move

Post by Purity »

Former Premier League star, Osaze Odemwingie, has come to a pre-agreement with East Java’s Madura United to play in Indonesia’s top tier Liga 1, which will kick off in April.

The 35-year-old Nigerian winger will be tested first in a few exhibition matches next week in Cilacap, Central Java and Yogyakarta.

The preseason matches and a medical test on March 30 will determine whether Odemwingie is fit for the team.

“The agreement with the player is 99 percent complete as we’ve agreed on the pre-contract conditions,” Madura United team manager, Haruna Soemitro, said via the club’s social media accounts.

“Odemwingie’s quality conforms to the team’s current needs, yet we need to see his performance during the preseason matches in Cilacap and Yogyakarta next week,” Soemitro added.
Advertisement

Odemwingie had his peak performance in 2010-13 when he played for West Bromwich Albion and he scored 31 goals in 90 appearances.

The winger player, who according to transfermarkt.com is worth $537,675, was released by Rotherham United in January.

Before joining Rotherham in October last year, he was loaned out by his former club, Stoke City, to Bristol City, where he scored just two goals in seven appearances.

The possibility of Odemwingie joining Madura adds the heat to Indonesia’s football transfer market, especially after Persib Bandung made a surprise move by signing ex-Chelsea star, Michael Essien, this week.

The Indonesian Football Association, or PSSI, recently announced that the 18 clubs of the Liga 1 have the right to sign only one foreign player, who must be a marquee one — who had played in the FIFA World Cup or for the European top flight leagues.
Get more stories like this on Twitter & Facebook

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/275 ... -club-move
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Osaze agrees Indonesian club move

Post by 1naija »

Are these guys that broke? I would move to NPFL before moving to some of these leagues.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:Are these guys that broke? I would move to NPFL before moving to some of these leagues.
They have light and running water in Indonesia. :tic: :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:Are these guys that broke? I would move to NPFL before moving to some of these leagues.
...abi o! plus they pay players on time, no inept management style we are use to at the NFA and the country as a whole.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It's a damn shame, that these guys would rather play in Indonesia than Nigeria.

That we have made our league that unattractive! If these guys cannot play in Nigeria, then our football has failed.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
...abi o! plus they pay players on time, no inept management style we are use to at the NFA and the country as a whole.
What is the NFA and what has that got to do with the NPFL?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tbite wrote:It's a damn shame, that these guys would rather play in Indonesia than Nigeria.

That we have made our league that unattractive! If these guys cannot play in Nigeria, then our football has failed.
Well, they probably don't have to travel on buses not fit for cattle and will not get people shooting at them or robbing them at gun point on their way to a game.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

pajimoh wrote:
Tbite wrote:It's a damn shame, that these guys would rather play in Indonesia than Nigeria.

Well, they probably don't have to travel on buses not fit for cattle and will not get people shooting at them or robbing them at gun point on their way to a game.
I am not blaming Osaze..I am saying it is a shame for us...for all these reasons.

We can't hide from the fact, and keep making excuses. Sooner or later we have to face the facts. This is not acceptable.

The NPFL has essentially non of these players...and Indonesia, Indonesia is the one entertaining them? We have failed miserably!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I agree with you, but it is not because these guys have chosen to play in Indonesia. I agree that our football has failed. What is happening now is that we are discovering new ways of the news being broken to us.

And yes, football is actually coming up in SE Asia...and yes, the standard of living and appreciation of human life, considerably more.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I had always thougt osaze would go back to Russia, but looks the Indonesian offer might be huge.. Happy for him and his family.. The dude had lost out financially after been frozen at West Brom and his career went down hill.. West brom looks like a very tough club to let players go, thesame thing happened to rising Saido Berahino, when he wanted to leave... (they finally let him go when they discovered he failed a drug test(off the record)..)
afc##
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Indonesia pays pro footbllers and ex internationals like Osaze around $10k monthly and they respect contract.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

1naija wrote:
mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
...NFA is the mothership of your glorified premier or is it professional league NPFL (copy copy) :roll: :roll:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

While one can sing the patriotic hymn and call for them to sacrifice..the truth is our clubs back home lack the basic requirements to lure one that has played at the some of the best clubs and best leagues back to the local scene. There is simply nothing to motivate you,nothing. The question need be asked what happened to the ones that went back? They slipped quietely their contribution or lack of it not mentioned anywhere. Seriously why risk your life ? Yes it is that drastic when you realise the wide gulf in conditions they have to cross.

A simple trip from Enugu to Maiduguri on our death contraption called road os enough to make you ask yourself serious questions and question your motive for putting yourself through hell at a time when you should be winding down.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...our football failed longest time ago, but we keep sticking our head in the sand as if nothing happened. When one calls them out their fellow thieves, including those on this site, will defend them. It is a damn shame.
Look at the yanks, their players, when it doesn't pan out elsewhere they go back to MLS, same euro and south American players, but Africans, Nigerians in particular can't.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

mcal wrote:
1naija wrote:
mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
...NFA is the mothership of your glorified premier or is it professional league NPFL (copy copy) :roll: :roll:
Next you will be seeking visa to West Germany like our President.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

1naija wrote:
mcal wrote:
1naija wrote:
mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Next you will be seeking visa to West Germany like our President.
...na folks like you dey keep the inept fools glued to seats at our football house forever. You and that lolly-pop guy
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Plus life away from Area Boys and Kidnappers.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

No offer from China?He should have gone there
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

is the club aware that Osaze has joined

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:No offer from China?He should have gone there
From Indonesia he can take a bus and go knock on a Chinese club's gate. He's done it before :tic: :twisted:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It is because of things like this, that our European pros do not want to play in the NPL: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=278743&hilit=enyimba
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

oloye wrote:

While one can sing the patriotic hymn and call for them to sacrifice..the truth is our clubs back home lack the basic requirements to lure one that has played at the some of the best clubs and best leagues back to the local scene. There is simply nothing to motivate you,nothing. The question need be asked what happened to the ones that went back? They slipped quietely their contribution or lack of it not mentioned anywhere. Seriously why risk your life ? Yes it is that drastic when you realise the wide gulf in conditions they have to cross.

A simple trip from Enugu to Maiduguri on our death contraption called road os enough to make you ask yourself serious questions and question your motive for putting yourself through hell at a time when you should be winding down.
Enugu to Maiduguri, Oloye? How about ordinary Aba to Port Harcourt?

But what this story tells us is way bigger than soccer. It is about Nigeria today. Footballers are running away, and it makes news. Many less-visible professionals return home often to die, physically or otherwise.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Polly wrote:
oloye wrote:

Enugu to Maiduguri, Oloye? How about ordinary Aba to Port Harcourt?

But what this story tells us is way bigger than soccer. It is about Nigeria today. Footballers are running away, and it makes news. Many less-visible professionals return home often to die, physically or otherwise.
Na only footballers? Everyone wey dry sit tight for abroad dey enjoy light ND internet connection plus wages on time ns Erin you think say dey keep you there? Abeg make we no even look far than our nose