Ivory Coast name Belgian Marc Wilmots as new coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
ALGERIA SIGN EX-BELGIUM COACH MARC WILMOTS TODAY

Post by Purity »

http://africanfootball.com/news/657368/ ... rc-Wilmots

Nigeria World Cup rivals Algeria are expected to sign a contract with former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots this afternoon.

Wilmots will replace the Serb Milovan Rajevac, who quit his post after Algeria were held to a 1-1 draw at home in a World Cup qualifier earlier this month.

Several top European coaches including Frenchmen Paul Le Guen and Alain Perrin were linked with the top post.

Reports said Wilmots will sign the dotted lines this afternoon in Brussels.

The 47-year-old was in charge of Belgium between 2012 and 2016 after being assistant coach to d#$% Advocat and Georges Leeskens.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALGERIA SIGN EX-BELGIUM COACH MARC WILMOTS TODAY

Post by okidoki »

That coach is wack though, should we be celebrating?
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We're in serious serious trouble, These Algerians wan finish us o! :scared: :scared: I'm hoping for a draw vs Wilmots and a draw between Zambia and Cameroun.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The general consensus on here is that Wilmots has the extraordinary ability to make a group of special players into an Ordinary team.

Hope that proves to be the case in Uyo next month.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Wilmots is actually a good coach. These Algerians clearly mean business. They are not leaving anything to chance.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Ayo, that coach isn't very good. Consider how much better Belgium is playing since he left.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Abeg make we hear word! Algeria this, Algeria that. They could not get past the QF at the last Nations Cup and could only draw at home with Cameroun. If they like, let them get Alex Ferguson out of retirement, they will fall hard in Uyo!!
I am happy
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Purity wrote:http://africanfootball.com/news/657368/ ... rc-Wilmots

Nigeria World Cup rivals Algeria are expected to sign a contract with former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots this afternoon.

Wilmots will replace the Serb Milovan Rajevac, who quit his post after Algeria were held to a 1-1 draw at home in a World Cup qualifier earlier this month.

Several top European coaches including Frenchmen Paul Le Guen and Alain Perrin were linked with the top post.

Reports said Wilmots will sign the dotted lines this afternoon in Brussels.

The 47-year-old was in charge of Belgium between 2012 and 2016 after being assistant coach to d#$% Advocat and Georges Leeskens.
We need to start celebrating . The guy has so many superstars in his Belgium team and ignominiously accomplished zip.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

okidoki wrote:Ayo, that coach isn't very good. Consider how much better Belgium is playing since he left.
Bros

Only very few coaches make a significant difference on the team they coach. The rest affect the team less significantly. In those cases you look for the talent, team psychology, etc for a clue. I believe Wilmots is good but he isn't going to be huge difference maker. Bet on that.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Underestimate Wilmot at your expanse.. My fear is actually Cameroon and not Algeria..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

We just have to concentrate on our game and take care of business. We are at home, confidence is high and our team is beginning to take shape. We have a coach who has a game plan and players who are hungry. It will be another tough game but we are Nigeria. Game on!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Wilmots is actually a good coach. These Algerians clearly mean business. They are not leaving anything to chance.
What metrics have led you to that conclusion?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Dammy wrote:Abeg make we hear word! Algeria this, Algeria that. They could not get past the QF at the last Nations Cup and could only draw at home with Cameroun. If they like, let them get Alex Ferguson out of retirement, they will fall hard in Uyo!!
Please tell them . Algeria this Algeria that what exactly have they achieved to make them so special other than those useless fifa rankings ?

I am looking at their recent results since 2014 and I am scratching my head as to what the fuss is about. They were at the same Olympics we were in and it looks like they chopped cane tire
Last edited by BAP on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Wow
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Wilmots is actually a good coach. These Algerians clearly mean business. They are not leaving anything to chance.

Once Ayo declared him a good coach, tension leave my body.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Purity wrote:Underestimate Wilmot at your expanse.. My fear is actually Cameroon and not Algeria..
Precisely my fear.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

platinum wrote:

Platinum

While I do not consider him outstanding, you have to respect the fact that he took a Belgian team ranked 54 in the world to the number 1 position. That has to be respected.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kebacho
Egg
Egg

Post by kebacho »

metalalloy wrote:
platinum wrote:

Once Ayo declared him a good coach, tension leave my body.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Black Stars of Ghana
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We're in serious serious trouble, These Algerians wan finish us o! :scared: :scared: I'm hoping for a draw vs Wilmots and a draw between Zambia and Cameroun.

grow a pair!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:

Platinum

While I do not consider him outstanding, you have to respect the fact that he took a Belgian team ranked 54 in the world to the number 1 position. That has to be respected.
Westerhof took Nigeria to #5 in the world, how good a coach was he? Was he more a product of his surroundings or actually a very good coach? I'm not convinced by Wilmots just yet.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We're in serious serious trouble, These Algerians wan finish us o! :scared: :scared: I'm hoping for a draw vs Wilmots and a draw between Zambia and Cameroun.
EMIR KONGI; easy, easy - Sir! You are hoping for a draw, but most other citizens of our nation is hoping for a win against the Algerians.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:Abeg make we hear word! Algeria this, Algeria that. They could not get past the QF at the last Nations Cup and could only draw at home with Cameroun. If they like, let them get Alex Ferguson out of retirement, they will fall hard in Uyo!!
KPAM! My feelings and believes exactly
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is why many of you remain backwards. You are sitting at top of the group with 3 points going into a home game against a team that could not win a must win game at home, and you are more afraid than Zambia who is last in our group. Remind me not to go to battle with any of you. You will surrender before the first bullet is shot.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.