Ivory Coast name Belgian Marc Wilmots as new coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lukemana
Egg
Egg
Re: Ivory Coast name Belgian Marc Wilmots as new coach

Post by lukemana »

Ebyboy wrote:Another predictable waste of time and money. Tragic too
considering this was the nation Yeo Martial coached to its
first AFCON back in 1992.

A nation that boasted of players like Aka Kouame, Alain
Gouamene(sp), Joel Tiehi, Omar Ben Sallah, Guel Tchiresoa,
Abdoulaye "Ben Badi" Traore, Youssof Fofana and the like
have to look to foreigners to coach them? Sad.
Wilmots's choice bothers me too. I am still scratching my head. He was probably imposed unto CIV by France...I am speculating but will not be surprised. Same thing happened with Lamouchi.

Aka Kouame Basile is the current coach of Africa Sport. Alain Gouamene I believe is ASEC's goalkeeper's coach. Omar Ben Salla...isn'he in jail for beating up his wife? Not too sure. Need to check. Tiehi Joel is retired and as far as I know, has never coached a team; same for the shorty Ben Badi. Yousouf Falikou Fofana is still based in France and I do not think is cut to be a coach. Guel Tchieroussa...gee, I haven't heard of him in decades!!!

Their best local coach should have been Zahui, who took them twice to the ANC finals. Why he was fired...that is way beyond my understanding!

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

lukemana wrote:

Wilmots's choice bothers me too. I am still scratching my head. He was probably imposed unto CIV by France...I am speculating but will not be surprised. Same thing happened with Lamouchi.

Aka Kouame Basile is the current coach of Africa Sport. Alain Gouamene I believe is ASEC's goalkeeper's coach. Omar Ben Salla...isn'he in jail for beating up his wife? Not too sure. Need to check. Tiehi Joel is retired and as far as I know, has never coached a team; same for the shorty Ben Badi. Yousouf Falikou Fofana is still based in France and I do not think is cut to be a coach. Guel Tchieroussa...gee, I haven't heard of him in decades!!!

Their best local coach should have been Zahui, who took them twice to the ANC finals. Why he was fired...that is way beyond my understanding!

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!!!
He was appointed by the previous regime, the new regime needed to put their own guy(French of course) in the job.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

King Futcha wrote:
lukemana wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!!!
He was appointed by the previous regime, the new regime needed to put their own guy(French of course) in the job.
Probably true. But why fire someone who was doing an excellent job ????
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

I fail to understand the French connection here, given that he's Belgian. Can you please explain?

lukemana wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!!!
Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

Are you guys serious? The same France that has soldiers deployed in the streets of Paris has nothing better to do than to worry about the Ivorian soccer team? Oh yes, the last French presidential election debate focused on Yaya Toure's cake preference :roll: . Please stop this nonsense. Belgium and France don't have to do diddly squat. We willingly subject ourselves to the oyibo worship suppositories so wake up people!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Marc Wilmots is a better coach than Lamouchi and most likely, Dussuyer. However, what should concern CIV is how much the guy under-performed with a very talented Belgian side at the last Euros. In that tourney, the Belgians looked rather uncoordinated. So there are many questions about Wilmots. Time will tell whether this is a good appointment or not
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Abaua1 wrote:Are you guys serious? The same France that has soldiers deployed in the streets of Paris has nothing better to do than to worry about the Ivorian soccer team? Oh yes, the last French presidential election debate focused on Yaya Toure's cake preference :roll: . Please stop this nonsense. Belgium and France don't have to do diddly squat. We willingly subject ourselves to the oyibo worship suppositories so wake up people!!!
Oga mi, do U know how much French collects from the 14 colonies every year (so called taxe/dette/impot colonial ) ???...it is to the tune of $500 billions a year. See this article for more info --> http://www.mondialisation.ca/le-saviez- ... on/5369840

Those colonies (CIV, Benin, Togo, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Fasso etc...) are a good source of income for France. Any Ivorian who knew what was going on in CIV would tell you that Alassane Ouattara was imposed by France on Felix Houphouet Boigny as Prime Minister (in the mid 80s).

Again any Ivorian would concur that Lamouchi was forced upon CIV by France. What coaching experience did he have to be hired as CIV Manager and being paid to the tune of 30 Millions CFA per year??? None!!! The Ivorian Zahui was paid a mere 3 Millions per month.

So it is NOT wrong to "assume" that Wilmots was gently "proposed" by France. But to be honest, it is a speculation.

Cheers!!!
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

But isn't Wilmots a Belgian? Why would France propose him instead of one of their own?

lukemana wrote:
Abaua1 wrote:Are you guys serious? The same France that has soldiers deployed in the streets of Paris has nothing better to do than to worry about the Ivorian soccer team? Oh yes, the last French presidential election debate focused on Yaya Toure's cake preference :roll: . Please stop this nonsense. Belgium and France don't have to do diddly squat. We willingly subject ourselves to the oyibo worship suppositories so wake up people!!!
Oga mi, do U know how much French collects from the 14 colonies every year (so called taxe/dette/impot colonial ) ???...it is to the tune of $500 billions a year. See this article for more info --> http://www.mondialisation.ca/le-saviez- ... on/5369840

Those colonies (CIV, Benin, Togo, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Fasso etc...) are a good source of income for France. Any Ivorian who knew what was going on in CIV would tell you that Alassane Ouattara was imposed by France on Felix Houphouet Boigny as Prime Minister (in the mid 80s).

Again any Ivorian would concur that Lamouchi was forced upon CIV by France. What coaching experience did he have to be hired as CIV Manager and being paid to the tune of 30 Millions CFA per year??? None!!! The Ivorian Zahui was paid a mere 3 Millions per month.

So it is NOT wrong to "assume" that Wilmots was gently "proposed" by France. But to be honest, it is a speculation.

Cheers!!!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Welaga wrote:But isn't Wilmots a Belgian? Why would France propose him instead of one of their own?

lukemana wrote:

Cheers!!!
Good point! But France, Belgique, Guadeloupe etc...are birds of same feather. Again what we said about France imposing the coach is a mere speculation. May not be true.

Cheers!!!
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

Ok, got it. Thanks for the link too. Very informative.
lukemana wrote:
Welaga wrote:But isn't Wilmots a Belgian? Why would France propose him instead of one of their own?

lukemana wrote:

Cheers!!!
Good point! But France, Belgique, Guadeloupe etc...are birds of same feather. Again what we said about France imposing the coach is a mere speculation. May not be true.

Cheers!!!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

[/video]
Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

Lukemana

Ok 8-)
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

DAgrin wrote:I don't rate Wilmots highly either but you never know.
Certain coaches perform well in certain environments.
I wouldn't rule out he can have success before he has even started.

best observation. Some things r not like we see Dem.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

http://www.jeuneafrique.com/mag/426446/ ... elephants/
Wilmot was paid 600,000 Euros/month as Manager of Belgium. He is paid 60,000 Euros/month as CIV Manager plus some perks (housing, car etc...) How long do U think he will stay in that job?

Food for thought for everybody. I believe he will jump ship as soon as he gets a better offer!

By the way, I just heard that Ghana recalled Kwesi Appiah as head coach of the Black Stars --> http://www.jeuneafrique.com/424997/soci ... selection/

Cheers!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:kai! Africans are deeply stupid! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALGERIA SIGN EX-BELGIUM COACH MARC WILMOTS TODAY

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Wilmots is actually a good coach. These Algerians clearly mean business. They are not leaving anything to chance.
wAyo and his irrational fear, of, and kowtowing to, the white man! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

YUJAM wrote:Marc Wilmots is a better coach than Lamouchi and most likely, Dussuyer. However, what should concern CIV is how much the guy under-performed with a very talented Belgian side at the last Euros. In that tourney, the Belgians looked rather uncoordinated. So there are many questions about Wilmots. Time will tell whether this is a good appointment or not
Well guess we got the answer.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Wilmots squandered the talent of Algeria and Cote d'Ivoire, destroying the World Cup dream of two top African teams in less than a year. Cote d'Ivoire were actually sitting pretty in the group before Wilmots came...

Hope we'll never see his crap in Africa ever again.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

marutimon wrote:Wilmots squandered the talent of Algeria and Cote d'Ivoire, destroying the World Cup dream of two top African teams in less than a year. Cote d'Ivoire were actually sitting pretty in the group before Wilmots came...

Did he coach Algeria too?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

What about to that coach that took them to the 2012 AFCON finals? he was a very efficient coach.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

YUJAM wrote:
marutimon wrote:Wilmots squandered the talent of Algeria and Cote d'Ivoire, destroying the World Cup dream of two top African teams in less than a year. Cote d'Ivoire were actually sitting pretty in the group before Wilmots came...

Sorry, I was misled by a thread with Wilmots and Algeria in the title. Gourcuff messed up Algeria.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote:

He didn't coach Algeria
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!